Would Carlito have gotten a WH championship run; possible WWE tittle run ?

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
Carlito was one of my favorites and he had a lot of potential
He was funny aggressive could talk on the mic was over with the crowd and got better in the ring as time went on adding new moves to his arsonal could he have co-main event or even main evented a wrestle mania ?

Would Carlito have gotten a WH championship run; possible WWE tittle run ? 11 votes

Heavy weight champ yes wwe champ no
63% 7 votes
No on both
36% 4 votes

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was always a fan of him too but he never really seemed to crossover into a quality main event spot. He flirted with it though, like Kofi he had a pretty good program with RKO that when it ended he went back to the midcard.

I've read that he just wasn't passionate enough or that he was lazy but I'm not sure I buy it.

Those WWE Classes of 2004-2007 had some real potential: Paul Birchill, Lashley, MVP, Kennedy, Umaga, Swagger, Punk, etc all could have been main event players today but for some reason or another only Punk made it, the rest just fell off.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He could have probably been WHC. The big gold belt was mainly used as a try ? to see if you could be a legit main event talent

jono wrote: »
    I was always a fan of him too but he never really seemed to crossover into a quality main event spot. He flirted with it though, like Kofi he had a pretty good program with RKO that when it ended he went back to the midcard.

I've read that he just wasn't passionate enough or that he was lazy but I'm not sure I buy it.

Those WWE Classes of 2004-2007 had some real potential: Paul Birchill, Lashley, MVP, Kennedy, Umaga, Swagger, Punk, etc all could have been main event players today but for some reason or another only Punk made it, the rest just fell off.

They just gave Paul Burchill a ? gimmick, he was pretty good in the ring. Kennedy just couldn't stay healthy so they cut their losses with him. Umaga ran into the career killer John Cena and Swagger just has no charisma.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umaga was also on drugs, which is why it's R.I.P. Umaga these days.

Kennedy had a ton of problems, injuries was one and big mouth was another. Dude was in line for a huge push too, shame.

I may be in the minority but I loved the Pirate Paul gimmick, when he went to WWECW he was just kind of like a fat, creepy HHH and nobody liked that. He worked the ? out of that pirate gimmick though.

Swagger squandered two huge chances he probably shouldn't have even gotten, especially considering the talent they chose to ignore to push him. I don't dislike him though.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its possible, i thought he was a great heel and had tremendous potential
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theme music was goat too lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Umaga was also on drugs, which is why it's R.I.P. Umaga these days.

Kennedy had a ton of problems, injuries was one and big mouth was another. Dude was in line for a huge push too, shame.

I may be in the minority but I loved the Pirate Paul gimmick, when he went to WWECW he was just kind of like a fat, creepy HHH and nobody liked that. He worked the ? out of that pirate gimmick though.

Swagger squandered two huge chances he probably shouldn't have even gotten, especially considering the talent they chose to ignore to push him. I don't dislike him though.
    Most wrestlers were on drugs. Jeff was always on drugs n he was a 3 time champion within a year.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Lashley woulda been the black Cena if he stayed. They seemed to be doing big things with him b4 he left even tho they made him lose to Cena ironically.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "I Spit At The Face Of People Who Don't Want To Be Cool"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lashely stupid ass still has time to come back...

big stupid, that's what i call lashley.

He just resigned with TNA
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    lashely stupid ass still has time to come back...

big stupid, that's what i call lashley.

He just resigned with TNA

He wrestled this week :) next TNA champ
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lashley an ? for goin to TNA he probably did it cause he knew WWE wont gone give his ? no shine.

He married a former black diva, i forgot her name but they were there at the same time I think it was krystal or somethin she looked good too
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Lashley an ? for goin to TNA he probably did it cause he knew WWE wont gone give his ? no shine.

He married a former black diva, i forgot her name but they were there at the same time I think it was krystal or somethin she looked good too

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    carlito still over 4 years out the company smh
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    No
    tony dubbz , Lashley left cuz of a racial incident with Michael Hayes.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow not even an option for a WWE title run. I guess we all know that would never happen. They were passing that heavyweight title around like a two dollar ? at one point so I'm sure Carlito wouldn't gotten a turn eventually.