Sinking ship: Barack Obama's approval rating now at Bush levels-37%

1234568»

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'I Would Jump At It' The media labeled her an Obamacare victim. Here's what she really thinks.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/115457/obamacare-victim-florida-happy-she-can-get-real-coverage
    If you’ve followed the stories of insurance cancellations related to Obamacare, you may have heard about Dianne Barrette. She’s the 57-year-old Florida realtor who was paying $54 a month for a Blue Cross insurance plan. The plan won’t be available after December. And while FloridaBlue offered her a new plan, the company told her the premium would be $591 a month. Barrette, who makes $30,000 a year and could not pay for such a plan, was flabbergasted. Jan Crawford of CBS News made her the key source for a story about plan cancellations. An appearance on Fox News followed, as did multiple cameos in press releases from Obamacare critics. For at least a few days, she was the poster child for the Obamacare cancellation story.

But Barrette’s situation defies quick and easy description. It’s true that she can’t keep her current policy—and that most policies available to her for next year have higher premiums. But those plans also offer real coverage, and her current plan does not. Some people might resent government effectively prohibiting her current plan. Barrette doesn’t appear to be one of them. Based on conversations we’ve had over the past few days, she wants more comprehensive insurance and, within reason, she's willing to pay more for it.
    The policy Barrette has today is called the Go Blue Plan 91. It is not what most people would consider real insurance. Its coverage of doctor visits and tests, such as MRI scans, consists of paying $50 and then letting Barrette pay the remaining balance. Drug coverage works more or less in the same way, only the plan pays $15 per prescription—which is enough to cover generics, but not many name-brands. And hospitalization? The plan pays nothing at all. As Wemple put it, "it’s a pray-that-you-don’t-really-get-sick 'plan.'" Barrette doesn't really disagree—but this plan, she says, was all she could afford. "Most everyone I talked to said they were paying thousands more to get hospital coverage," she told me, "so I took my chances with what I have now."

OK, but what can she get from Obamacare? Using plan data provided to me by the Kaiser Family Foundation, residents of Polk County, Florida have dozens of insurance options from which to choose. The cheapest option for somebody of Barrette's age has premiums of $440 a month, the most expensive goes for $914 a month. But Barrette wouldn’t pay those prices. Obamacare offers tax credits to people with incomes of up to four times the poverty line, or about $45,000 for an individual. Given Barrette’s income, she’ll be getting a tax credit worth nearly $331 a month, according to the Kaiser Foundation’s subsidy calculator. And that tax credit works like a discount, upfront. To figure out what she’d pay, you subtract the value of the tax credit from the price of the plan.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Lame come back Furious......not worth replying to. That woman can't even afford those prices at 30 grand a year and her being her age. She's ? and she knows it. If she does pay the cheapest plan, the deductibles will be so far up the ass she might as well NOT have insurance.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Lame come back Furious......not worth replying to. That woman can't even afford those prices at 30 grand a year and her being her age. She's ? and she knows it. If she does pay the cheapest plan, the deductibles will be so far up the ass she might as well NOT have insurance.

So supposed you missed the part about them covering her up to the point of only spending 100 out of pocket right? I suppose that doesn't apply to deductibles. You notice the part where she was paying out the ass already and not getting anything in return? If it's not worth a reply, why reply with a reply?
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    FuriousOne wrote: »

So supposed you missed the part about them covering her up to the point of only spending 100 out of pocket right? I suppose that doesn't apply to deductibles. You notice the part where she was paying out the ass already and not getting anything in return? If it's not worth a reply, why reply with a reply?

I said it wasn't worth replying to but I chose to reply anyway lol......with that being said, all bronze plans on the healthcare.gov website have absolutely ridiculous deductibles, meaning she'll have to spend close to a fortune before she sees any benefit from her insurance.

Be honest man, shouldn't have Obama just fought for single payer? Selling us out to insurance companies isn't the answer. Look at Japan and Sweden. Their citizens don't pay nearly the amount Americans have to for health insurance and they spend way less as a nation overall and are still much happier. Japanese people go to the doctor a whopping 3 times a year! Americans usually dread going to the doctor cuz of the cost and as a result, we wait till the last minute to check something out and by then, all kinds of problems may already be erupting (Especially in cases of cancer and heart disease).

It's sad watching you jump through hoops and fireballs to defend this terrible law. Based on research I've done, this law will effect most Americans roughly around 2014, when more and more people will be disqualified from their insurance because it doesn't fit minimum standards and I have the links to prove this. Maybe you're a millionaire I don't know but the plans on the site are just too expensive or not practical in this weak economy. Stop defending the indefensible, it's sad. Joe Biden is that you?
  • Jabu_Rule

I said it wasn't worth replying to but I chose to reply anyway lol......with that being said, all bronze plans on the healthcare.gov website have absolutely ridiculous deductibles, meaning she'll have to spend close to a fortune before she sees any benefit from her insurance.

Be honest man, shouldn't have Obama just fought for single payer? Selling us out to insurance companies isn't the answer. Look at Japan and Sweden. Their citizens don't pay nearly the amount Americans have to for health insurance and they spend way less as a nation overall and are still much happier. Japanese people go to the doctor a whopping 3 times a year! Americans usually dread going to the doctor cuz of the cost and as a result, we wait till the last minute to check something out and by then, all kinds of problems may already be erupting (Especially in cases of cancer and heart disease).

It's sad watching you jump through hoops and fireballs to defend this terrible law. Based on research I've done, this law will effect most Americans roughly around 2014, when more and more people will be disqualified from their insurance because it doesn't fit minimum standards and I have the links to prove this. Maybe you're a millionaire I don't know but the plans on the site are just too expensive or not practical in this weak economy. Stop defending the indefensible, it's sad. Joe Biden is that you?

If something isn't worth it to me, i normally don't waste my time unless i have no self control. No, Obama would have been a fool to fight for Single Payer and we wouldn't have anything at this point other then more of the same. How about you be honest and answer the question that i posed to you, if she is eligible for steep discounts on her monthly premiums, why wouldn't that be the same for her deductible? And when should she plan on seeing any benefit, do you plan on getting cancer tomorrow? The only way to plan for such things is to have insurance. Btw, how would single payer be paid for? Taxes will go up nad people would complain regardless.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013

If something isn't worth it to me, i normally don't waste my time unless i have no self control. No, Obama would have been a fool to fight for Single Payer and we wouldn't have anything at this point other then more of the same. How about you be honest and answer the question that i posed to you, if she is eligible for steep discounts on her monthly premiums, why wouldn't that be the same for her deductible? And when should she plan on seeing any benefit, do you plan on getting cancer tomorrow? The only way to plan for such things is to have insurance. Btw, how would single payer be paid for? Taxes will go up nad people would complain regardless.

Obama would have been a fool to fight for single payer? Why? Taxes would go up sure but people in Japan, Switzerland and tons of other nations including Israel love their single payer system. Americans would gladly pay higher taxes instead of being FORCIBLY ? by Obama selling us out to the crooked insurance companies. ? Obama for that. The prices for the Unaffordable Care Act SUCK and the deductibles are ridiculously high for the bronze and silver plans. I have yet to meet anyone in person who actually looks forward to this law.

In comparison, higher taxes to insure a public option would be very much welcome, the way social security and Medicaid are very popular things now. I would gladly take a smaller paycheck in exchange for the ? you prices of Obamacare. And meanwhile, Obama has lower poll numbers at this time then Bush did at this time in his 2nd term. Gallup has Obama at a new low, 39% now LOL......the ship is sinking homie. Obama better get some new, fresh ideas for the country cuz very few people like his policies now. Obama didn't even bring up the Unaffordable Care Act while campaigning for a Democrat in Virginia this week. Reporters also noted how small the crowd was......

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2013
    You keep mentioning these prices and poles like some sort of automation but i showed you information on how it would give steep discounts to people making $45,000 and actually offers benefits.. What are you telling me exactly? Also, it's been pointed out that Obamacare lays the foundation for many states to apply their own Single Payer systems. You can't complain about expense and then dismiss taxes. That's an expense regardless of your feelings of the insurance companies that actually have to follow guidelines this time around. You seem to ignore that Republicans have stopped and would stop all efforts, so why would you overtly offer single payer which is guaranteed to fail when you can build it on the foundation of the ACA. You also ignore the fact that the Republicans stopped Medicare expansion in Republican states. These are the same people attempting to gut Social Security and Medicaid\care but you say nothing. I'm sure Obama would have wanted all of that if it wasn't for those pesky Republicans and traitorous Blue Dogs, but I'm sure they are invisible to you and it's all O Bam Bam's fault.

@Salowomen the Wimp, face me here in convo or kick rocks ? . You approaching stalker levels of wackness.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2013
    You know ? is suspect when you got Fox News shedding light on the ? .

Insurance cancelled? Don't blame Obama or the ACA, blame America's insurance companies
    foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/05/insurance-cancelled-dont-blame-obama-or-aca-blame-america-insurance-companies/
    With all the charges flying against President Obama in the on-going effort to stop ObamaCare it’s time for a reality check.

Having failed to ? the Affordable Care Act in Congress by shutting down the government the opposition is currently taking delight in charging the president with lying to the public when he said anyone who likes their current healthcare plan will be able to keep it under the new law.

It turns out that some people in the individual care market – about 5 percent of the overall insurance market -- are having their insurance policies cancelled.

It is estimated that half of those folks will get better coverage for a lower price. Some people will even get subsidies to help them pay the lower price.

But some people losing their current policies [and being offered better coverage] are going to have to pay a higher price. Taking crocodile tears to a new level, ObamaCare opponents are now rushing to their defense and calling the president a liar.

These critics include Republican politicians who did not vote for ObamaCare; these are Republican governors who refuse to set up exchanges to reach their own citizens; these are people oppose expanding Medicaid to help poor people getting better health care; these are people who have never put any proposal on the table as an alternative fix for the nation’s costly health care system that leaves tens of millions with inadequate medical coverage and tens of millions more totally uninsured.

The fact is if you are one of the estimated 2 million Americans whose health insurance plans may have been cancelled this month, you should not be blaming President Obama or the Affordable Care Act.

You should be blaming your insurance company because they have not been providing you with coverage that meets the minimum basic standards for health care.

Let me put it more bluntly: your insurance companies have been taking advantage of you and the Affordable Care Act puts in place consumer protection and tells them to stop abusing people.

• kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    You have GOT to be kidding me Furuious. People are supposed to be satisfied with this law when single payer would be cheaper for the avg American and much more popular then this hideous law? Many if not most people are facing high ass prices and you are constantly lying in this thread saying they will face steep discounts when I have shown many links that show people are actually facing HIGHER prices and HIGHER deductibles compared to some of their old plans. Plans that MOST were satisfied with. 4 million people have lost their plans and aren't happy because those plans held them down. I'm uninsured and thankfully have some savings, but I'm not ? with the ? prices cuz the deductibles and plans ARE NOT steep discounts, it's gun to head ? discounts.

If I'm so wrong why are Obama's approval ratings so damn bad now? I know Obama fans who are scared to even look at the website cuz people are telling them how high the prices are. My homegirl with two kids who did have the ? to look saw her cheapest plan at $312 a month and she makes ten bucks an hour LOL ? OUTTA HERE stop lying your nose is gonna burst through your computer if you keep up your best Pinocchio impressions here
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThatDamnJay and rest of you Obamadickeriders makin' excuses for this failure of a President. smdah at ? that can't see the forest for the trees. ? Obama been ? ' up since DAY ONE. you really wanna debate that ? ? I'll be glad to.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    edited November 2013
    The POTUS a failure? Nah. Not in my opinion.

Do I agree with erything he's done as POTUS? Don't recall sayin that either..
  • kingblaze84
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fearing-senate-losses-dems-now-191500726.html

Fearing Senate Losses, Dems Now Urge Obamacare Delay

A growing number of panicky Senate Democrats are urging President Obama to extend the enrollment period for the star-crossed Affordable Care Act and even postpone for a year a requirement that uninsured Americans sign up for Obamacare or pay a penalty.

For months, the president has been fending off aggressive efforts by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and other Republicans to postpone and defund his signature health insurance law – including a 16-day government shutdown aimed at blocking the signup effort that began Oct. 1.

But now the president is faced with an equally daunting task of defusing a simmering revolt among key allies in the Senate and the House who are worried about their reelection prospects next year.

The problem could become even worse next week when the administration has promised to release the first detailed accounting of how many Americans were able to log on to the glitch-ridden Obamacare website and actually enroll in an insurance program.

Embattled HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius signaled during Senate testimony on Wednesday that the numbers are likely to be very low because of all the technical problems besetting the website.

“Our early numbers are going to be very low,” said Sebelius. She explained that the “struggles that people have had getting access to the site and getting information” prevented many from signing up. “Until the site is really improved … we’re going to have a struggle getting significant numbers to sign up,” she told Senate Finance Committee members.

---LOL......so many Democrats wish to take the REPUBLICAN position to delay the law to improve it. Very interesting.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Bill Clinton supports the UNaffordable Care Act but even he is saying the law should be changed to allow people to keep the plans they did like. Remember, 85% of Americans were satisfied with their healthcare before the millions upon millions of cancellations. I tried my best to ignore this but it's big news now.........Democrats are also demanding changes to the law since it remains very unpopular

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/12/politics/obamacare/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Boosting pressure further on Obama was former President Bill Clinton, who said on Tuesday that the President should find a way to uphold his initial promises about health policies.

"I personally believe, even if it takes a change in the law, the President should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they've got," Clinton said during an interview with the website OZY.com.

A growing number of Democrats have called for changes or delays to the program as many face tough reelection bids in 2014 and are feeling pressure from challengers and constituents.

Although he didn't go nearly as far as Clinton, Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Illinois, said he is open to changes as well and noted that Obama should have been more careful with his words in the first place.

"A couple more sentences added would clarify it," the Senate's second-highest Democrat said on CNN's "Newsroom" with Ashleigh Banfield. "The president apologized. He said very clearly he was sorry if he misled people."

Durbin added that Republicans and Democrats "need to be open to constructive changes to make this law work better."

--To those who support the UNaffordable Care Act, is it time to admit there should be delays or changes to the law, which is jacking up premiums on people who can't afford this? Democrats and Republicans seem united on making changes to the law now, something I've advocated for weeks now.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    maybe im wrong, but werent those plans canceled cuz they were so awful and pointlessly expensive? didnt the insurance companies have 3 years to make their plans up to par? so wouldnt it be the fault of the insurance companies that those people are losing insurance?
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    maybe im wrong, but werent those plans canceled cuz they were so awful and pointlessly expensive? didnt the insurance companies have 3 years to make their plans up to par? so wouldnt it be the fault of the insurance companies that those people are losing insurance?

Did you really just say the healthcare plans that were cancelled were pointlessly expensive? Some people were paying like 60 a month and were actually satisfied with it. The UNaffordable Care Act has jacked up premiums and deductibles for the people who did have their plans cancelled. Many of those insurance companies could not afford to keep up with the mandates of Obamacare, so Obamacare is the reason over 5 million people have lost their coverage.

Many of those millions have cancer and multiple sclerosis. I know because some of my clients at the firm I work for have told me this personally. Several of these clients have told me the cheapest plan they have seen on the website are $700 a month LOL. How is someone with cancer supposed to pay that much for coverage, people like that can barely work and save for retirement to begin with.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57612031/polls-congress-obama-approval-ratings-hit-record-lows/

A new Quinnipiac University poll found that American voters disapprove of Mr. Obama by a margin of 54 percent to 39 percent, which is the lowest approval rating he has had since becoming president. The lowest approval rating before today was a 55 percent to 39 percent 41 percent approval rating in October 2011. Even women - a group Mr. Obama won by 12 percentage points in the 2012 election -- now disapprove of his performance, 51 percent to 40 percent.

The Affordable Care Act does not fare particularly well either. Voters oppose the law by a margin of 55 percent to 39 percent, and just 19 percent of Americans predict that the quality of care they and their families receive will improve in the next year because of Obamacare. Forty-three percent predicted their care would get worse, and 33 percent said the law would have no effect.

---I guess people just ain't feeling the sky high prices of the UNaffordable Care Act. Obama being a lying scumbag doesn't help matters either. Time to make the push for single payer........
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of them were, there were some substandard plans as well as plans that should have long been discontinued.

It is the insurance companies, they caught one of them jacking up prices under the guise to out price their competitors. They did this because they figured the first people to sign up would be the sick and higher prices would deter these sick people from signing up with them. They basically were trying to push sick people off on the competition.

That's just one of the schemes they had time to concoct. There are quite a few others.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4212552

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/04/1252957/-How-ObamaCare-Cancelled-Your-Plan-is-really-an-Insurance-Co-Scam-to-Rip-You-Off

People getting too wrapped up in politics. The damn law isn't even in full effect and won't be for at least another month. Effectiveness of the law won't be able to be quantified until at least 2016-2017 after the entire law has been in effect more than a year.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    jono wrote: »

Some of them were, there were some substandard plans as well as plans that should have long been discontinued.

It is the insurance companies, they caught one of them jacking up prices under the guise to out price their competitors. They did this because they figured the first people to sign up would be the sick and higher prices would deter these sick people from signing up with them. They basically were trying to push sick people off on the competition.

That's just one of the schemes they had time to concoct. There are quite a few others.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4212552

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/04/1252957/-How-ObamaCare-Cancelled-Your-Plan-is-really-an-Insurance-Co-Scam-to-Rip-You-Off

People getting too wrapped up in politics. The damn law isn't even in full effect and won't be for at least another month. Effectiveness of the law won't be able to be quantified until at least 2016-2017 after the entire law has been in effect more than a year.

Obama committed consumer fraud getting this law to pass. He said if we liked our plan we could keep it. PERIOD. Stop trying to cover up the lie cuz even Democrats are saying Obama was wrong. Millions upon millions of people are getting their plans cancelled just to see the palm tree sky high prices of Obamacare, prices the middle class and poor just can't afford. WORSE, the ? govt will fine the uninsured who do not want to pay the sky high premiums and deductibles of Obamacare starting next year. $95 bucks the first year, then $300 plus, and more for every year that goes on. What the ? kind of ? is this??

Wait till the employer mandates kick in next year, MANY sources state that up to 100 million or more people will then look at their plans being cancelled just to see the sky high prices me and many others are seeing.

I gotta wait till 2016-2017 to see if this ? law will be successful? ? THAT, I know what I see now and I ain't feeling it. So are most Americans who now despise Obama the con artist and the UNaffordable Care Act. As Bill Clinton said, parts of the law have to change cuz it sucks right now and most people around the nation agree with me. PERIOD.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It saddens me how many people will blindly support Obama simply because of his name and genetics. His Words, actions and policies have been atrocious. It seems a lot of people would rather be killed softly by the song of a smooth voice and Face simply because he shares a similar skin tone. It makes 0 sense to trust or support somebody that continually lies to and exploits you for such superficial reason. We need to get focus back on education and reclaim our rights from both corporate flunkies parties...
  • kingblaze84
    Cosign Soloman, I honestly don't have a problem when someone says they support Obama but I do have a problem with those that support almost everything he does because he's Black and fail to see he's backstabbed us for the big banks and military industrial complex. He cares a lot for ? but everyone else has taken the back burner. He's constantly on the wrong side of history and public opinion and I'm gonna post up a shocking poll that shows just how far people are disappointed in him now......
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2014
    Shock poll--71% of Obama voters, including 40% of Blacks, 55% of Democrats, and 100% of Hispanics REGRET re-electing Barack Obama (lol)

http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-71-of-obama-supporters-regret-voting-for-his-reelection/article/2544165

Over seven in 10 Obama voters, and 55 percent of Democrats, regret voting for President Obama's reelection in 2012, according to a new Economist/YouGov.com poll.

Conducted to test the media hype about a comeback by 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, the new poll found voters still uninspired by Romney, but also deeply dissatisfied with Obama who has so far failed to capitalize on his victory over 15 months ago.

The poll asked those who voted for Obama's reelection a simple question: “Do you regret voting for Barack Obama?”

Overall, 71 percent said yes, 26 percent no.

— 80 percent of whites said yes, 61 percent of blacks said no and 100 percent of Hispanics said yes.

— 84 percent of women said yes, and just 61 percent of men agreed.

55 percent of Democrats said yes, as did 71 percent of independents

--DAAAMN!!!! The poll results speak for itself. No coincidence Obama voters don't really defend Obama much here anymore. There's isn't much to defend, unless you're really happy Obama sticks up for ? every couple of hours. Obama seems to be a lame duck president already, people have tuned his ? ass out.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we just need a consolidated front for it all, Obama job approval threads I mean...