America is # 12!!!

2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    America now has the 12th most free economy in the world when it comes to social mobility.....and all this time I thought America was the greatest nation in the world (I haven't really thought that in about 3 years but the thought popped up in my head now and then)

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/why-america-s-“economic-freedom”-is-now-worse-than-estonia-s-200514086.html

In case you haven’t heard, America is going down the drain. There’s even data to prove it.

Several surveys that measure prosperity and business conditions have shown the United States slipping during the past few years. The latest is the Heritage Foundation’s “index of economic freedom” in 186 countries, which is grim reading for anybody who believes the old slogan and still thinks We’re No. 1!

We’re actually No. 12, if you believe the Heritage rankings, which define economic freedom as “the fundamental right of every human to control his or her own labor and property” — in plain English, the ability of ordinary people to get ahead.

According to the Heritage methodology, the United States has underperformed in five areas during the past few years: fiscal freedom, government spending, monetary freedom, financial freedom and property freedom. In general, that reflects a government that spends too much, overregulates businesses and consumers, and gets too involved in the private-sector economy (in the opinion of Heritage analysts).

Typical ? complaints. Shut up ? .

So I guess the people in the video were honkies right? I can tell you ain't very smart lol you got Down Syndrome I bet
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    America now has the 12th most free economy in the world when it comes to social mobility.....and all this time I thought America was the greatest nation in the world (I haven't really thought that in about 3 years but the thought popped up in my head now and then)

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/why-america-s-“economic-freedom”-is-now-worse-than-estonia-s-200514086.html

In case you haven’t heard, America is going down the drain. There’s even data to prove it.

Several surveys that measure prosperity and business conditions have shown the United States slipping during the past few years. The latest is the Heritage Foundation’s “index of economic freedom” in 186 countries, which is grim reading for anybody who believes the old slogan and still thinks We’re No. 1!

We’re actually No. 12, if you believe the Heritage rankings, which define economic freedom as “the fundamental right of every human to control his or her own labor and property” — in plain English, the ability of ordinary people to get ahead.

According to the Heritage methodology, the United States has underperformed in five areas during the past few years: fiscal freedom, government spending, monetary freedom, financial freedom and property freedom. In general, that reflects a government that spends too much, overregulates businesses and consumers, and gets too involved in the private-sector economy (in the opinion of Heritage analysts).

So I guess the people in the video were honkies right? I can tell you ain't very smart lol you got Down Syndrome I bet

That's an insult to people with down syndrome.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

That's an insult to people with down syndrome.

LOL true most people with Down Syndrome are by far smarter then he is....I guess his mom just smoked ? and heroin then
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn things keep getting worse...
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloggers citing the 'Heritage Foundation', fantastic source bruh. It's fully staffed by trolls\lobbyists for big business who don't want to pay taxes, worry about the EPA or think business should pay more to workers in the US as they would in a SE Asian sweatshop.

They do really well tricking less informed people into their ? so don't feel bad.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/heritage-foundation

The best-known and most influential right-wing think tank, the Heritage Foundation owes much of its success to savvy marketing and PR and the generous donations of right-wing benefactors, foundations and wealthy corporations. The foundation boasts about its influence on Capitol Hill yet insists that it does not "lobby." -

Principal Issues

Heritage Foundation's mission is "to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense."
    Heritage is the largest conservative think tank in Washington, DC.
    It researches, publishes, lectures on, and markets right-wing public policy.
    It organizes right-wing activists on domestic and foreign policy issues.
    Heritage's publications are distributed to many thousands of people, including Members of Congress, congressional aides and staff, journalists, and major donors.
    It takes credit for much of President Bush's policy, both domestic and foreign, referring to Bush's policies as "straight out of the Heritage play book."
    Heritage supports faith-based initiatives, school vouchers, ban on abortion, overturning affirmative action programs.
    Recent Activities

The Heritage Foundation (HF) suggested that Bush open up an "Office of Marriage Initiatives" to promote marriage, but instead Bush folded HF's "pro-marriage" proposals into his welfare reform package, setting aside $300 million dollars for states and local communities to "promote marriage."
    Heritage's new office space, renovated in 2002, includes intern and fellow apartments, a 200-seat auditorium, a private fitness center, and two floors dedicated to expanding the research department.
    Published "Priorities for the President," written for President Bush. Heritage also wrote "A Budget for America," a companion volume written for the Bush administration.
    Internet activities: in 2001, Heritage reported 4.8 million visitors to their homepage, and 14.4 million visitors to their conservative Internet portal, Townhall.com.
    Funding

According to Media Transparency, the Heritage Foundation received $61,944,537 in foundation grants from organizations such as: the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, the Scaife Foundations, the John M. Olin Foundation, Inc., Castle Rock Foundation, JM Foundation, Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation, the Richard and Helen DeVos Foundation, and the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation.
    Heritage has received donations from the East Asian nations of South Korea and Taiwan; SourceWatch reports that in 1988 Korean intelligence discovered that Heritage received $2.2 million from the South Korean National Assembly during the 1980's. Although Heritage denies this claim, they do admit to receiving a $400,000 grant from the Korean conglomerate Samsung.
    The Korea Foundation, a conduit of the Korean government, has also donated almost $1 million to Heritage in the past three years.
    - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/heritage-foundation#sthash.EJ8TBZNk.dpuf