Yall ever feel like losers for still watching wrestling?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lot of sobbing over a man losing in that wrestlemania thread tho. The feelings in there are sn all time high.

? telling they life story n ? to explain the hurt they have haha...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Lot of sobbing over a man losing in that wrestlemania thread tho. The feelings in there are sn all time high.

I aint even gonna lie @Kyle_Lurker‌ ... Some are making you look real good *falls back*
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's nothing you should check out the reactions on some real wrestling forums. Muthafuckas are acting like they just lost their mortgage lmao. This ? is even funnier than the overreaction to this years Royal Rumble.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wats wrong with being invested in wrestlers u grew up watching, that doesn't mean u a loser for watching wrestling
  • Broddie
    Options
    There is a difference between being invested in a character & reacting in the moment and crying like people took a ? in your bowl of frosted flakes long after the moment is done. Most fans are doing the latter which is why most wrestling fans are complete jokes in the eyes of sane people.

The jumping to conclusions is also hysterical since it's known that Taker has creative control over something like this. Obviously it was the right call because it's so compelling that many people still don't know how to feel about it the next day. That's what a narrative entertainment serialized program should do. Keep viewers on their toes. Throw them a curve ball every now and then. The fact that some Taker fans can't even have faith in Taker's own judgement is funny in itself. How about waiting to see how things play out from here on out before deciding that the world is officially over?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's entertaining bruh....
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plus i'm a big kid anyway, i like comics, video games, corny tshirts,

that's me....

you do push ups on stairs.....
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    plus i'm a big kid anyway, i like comics, video games, corny tshirts,

that's me....

you do push ups on stairs.....

DU you know I had a bWo about 13 years ago? No lie.. Biz World Order.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I became addicted to wrestling, particularly the WWF, when I was a 8 years old in late 1996. The first PPV I ever watched was Survivor Series 96. It was mostly cause of Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold that I became a wrestling fan. Shawn's in ring skills left me in a awe, while Austin's persona had me hooked.

From 1997 to 2001, I was addicted to it. From 2002 to 2004 I was a casual fan. I lost interest when the PG/Cena era began. Since then, Ive dropped in every few months to see what's going on. It's not what it used to be, but it's still entertaining and more than that, it takes me back to my childhood.

If anybody has a problem with that, ? em.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    There is a difference between being invested in a character & reacting in the moment and crying like people took a ? in your bowl of frosted flakes long after the moment is done. Most fans are doing the latter which is why most wrestling fans are complete jokes in the eyes of sane people.

The jumping to conclusions is also hysterical since it's known that Taker has creative control over something like this. Obviously it was the right call because it's so compelling that many people still don't know how to feel about it the next day. That's what a narrative entertainment serialized program should do. Keep viewers on their toes. Throw them a curve ball every now and then. The fact that some Taker fans can't even have faith in Taker's own judgement is funny in itself. How about waiting to see how things play out from here on out before deciding that the world is officially over?

ay I can feel their pain, and just cuz taker know what he doing don't mean he don't ? up and that that's the right call, I still can't see how anyone can justify Brock being the right call, but at this point ur right about us seeing how it all plays out
  • Broddie
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

ay I can feel their pain, and just cuz taker know what he doing don't mean he don't ? up and that that's the right call, I still can't see how anyone can justify Brock being the right call, but at this point ur right about us seeing how it all plays out

It adds another dimension to The Undertaker character. He's been humbled. He'll likely play it more human again after tonight but this time without coming out to wack ass Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit songs. I'm ready for another version of The Undertaker. He needs to evolve and this is a good opening for that.

One of the reasons the build to this match wasn't that great is cause he's limited with the promo's he could cut as the mysterious and infallible deadman. It's a classic gimmick, one of the best of all time but it's also limited. Now he'll get to cut loose again with the slight repackage this angle could lead to because it'll be another character closer to Mark Calloway like American Badass was. People are acting like this will be his last match ever. It's not. It's just the end of one era in his career.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    idk, u may have a point with the dimension, but even if he won, dude is done unless he is facing a workhorse who(i cant believe im sayin this) can make HIM look better, they both looked washed in that match
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watch wrestling or these reality shows about ignorant black people. hmmmmm.

whats on thats cooler than the wwe? hmmmm
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nah I'm pretty sure Taker is hangin it up after this one. Besides the fact that he doesn't have much left in the tank anymore, I think it's a given that when the streak ends, so does the undertaker. Of course his career didn't start with the streak but they've made such a big deal about it and have made it a point in numerous fueds of his that if you ? the streak, you ? the undertaker. He can't just come back out next year at wrestlemania again like it's all gravy and he didn't get his biscuit taken by Lesnar last year. It just looks bad. Plus, How else could his career possibly end now? He can't just take a loss, wrestle for a few more years and fade into retirement.
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah, I'm pretty much done. wm30 was the nail in the coffin for me, no pun intended. I was the mega fan. I didn't have lame tshirts. At one point I had $1500 in replica belts. When Taker looked over the locker room, he couldn't find an up and comer to put over? All he saw was a part timer that he already had a hell of a match with 12 years ago at hell in a cell (one of my favorite matches of all time)? SMH, that's the state of wrestling, huh? Not only is that match tainted now, but the streak is done. And who the ? gained from this? The fans? YAY we got to see a 12 year old match that ended the exact same way. Brock? Let's say he goes back to mma which from what I heard, Dana will still have him. It'll go something like this:

Bruce Buffer: FIIIIIIIGHTING out of the red corner. this man is a wrestler!!! He is The former!! U eff CEEEEE!! heavyweight champion of the world but more important the breaker of the undertakers streak. He his Brock!! Lesnar!!!!

Joe Rogan: He did break the undertakers streak so that makes him a 5th degree black belt in wrestling. His wrestling is on another level ladies and gentlemen.

Just more pointless ? . My perfect scenario for me would be taker beating Brock, because he never has done it one on one. Then AJ styles hitting the ring taking out the undertaker. Cutting the trillest of shoots on "other organizations" and the state of wrestling. The level of trill wwe hasn't seen since cm punk sat on the entrance and talked and rick rude appeared on both shows the same night and talked. Then Put together the most epic quest for a title ever. Sooo many match ups, soooooo many feuds.. The next logical step is brock vs DB for the title and we all want to see that, right? smh.

Now you got a part timer that works what? 30-50 shows a year and takes home $5 mill. While other wrestlers work 200-300 shows a year and don't make 1/5 of that. smh, brock was made, he didn't need to break the streak. Taker a OG so I got no beef with his decision but instead of going along with the same ? , recycled matches and recycled out comes. It's been a long time coming, I'm just done. I don't care if they bring Mean Mark, The Commando, The Punisher, or Texas Red back. I'll check back when he gets inducted in the HOF.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like i give a ? what anyone else thinks. I'm watching raw/smackdown no ? given *stares at naomis wonderful ? * *watches roman superman punch the ? out of kane*.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    count remy wrote: »
    yeah, I'm pretty much done. wm30 was the nail in the coffin for me, no pun intended. I was the mega fan. I didn't have lame tshirts. At one point I had $1500 in replica belts. When Taker looked over the locker room, he couldn't find an up and comer to put over? All he saw was a part timer that he already had a hell of a match with 12 years ago at hell in a cell (one of my favorite matches of all time)? SMH, that's the state of wrestling, huh? Not only is that match tainted now, but the streak is done. And who the ? gained from this? The fans? YAY we got to see a 12 year old match that ended the exact same way. Brock? Let's say he goes back to mma which from what I heard, Dana will still have him. It'll go something like this:

Bruce Buffer: FIIIIIIIGHTING out of the red corner. this man is a wrestler!!! He is The former!! U eff CEEEEE!! heavyweight champion of the world but more important the breaker of the undertakers streak. He his Brock!! Lesnar!!!!

Joe Rogan: He did break the undertakers streak so that makes him a 5th degree black belt in wrestling. His wrestling is on another level ladies and gentlemen.

Just more pointless ? . My perfect scenario for me would be taker beating Brock, because he never has done it one on one. Then AJ styles hitting the ring taking out the undertaker. Cutting the trillest of shoots on "other organizations" and the state of wrestling. The level of trill wwe hasn't seen since cm punk sat on the entrance and talked and rick rude appeared on both shows the same night and talked. Then Put together the most epic quest for a title ever. Sooo many match ups, soooooo many feuds.. The next logical step is brock vs DB for the title and we all want to see that, right? smh.

Now you got a part timer that works what? 30-50 shows a year and takes home $5 mill. While other wrestlers work 200-300 shows a year and don't make 1/5 of that. smh, brock was made, he didn't need to break the streak. Taker a OG so I got no beef with his decision but instead of going along with the same ? , recycled matches and recycled out comes. It's been a long time coming, I'm just done. I don't care if they bring Mean Mark, The Commando, The Punisher, or Texas Red back. I'll check back when he gets inducted in the HOF.
    You should post more

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ being mad Brock broke the streak but wants a TNA guy to do it.

Logic.
  • count  remy
    Options
    lol @ "logic" and neglecting the fact that reading is fundamental. I never said that the streak needed to be broken. I said after that match. A ROH guy beat 3 wwe guys in one night so why not add new contenders.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You think that Brock, a 'part timer', was a bad choice.

But to catapult a TNA guy, like AJ Styles, into a streak match at WM vs Taker isn't a bad choice?

Granted, Sting talk has been here, but that match has been wanted for years. It's a "dream match", that the WWE can capitalize on and have a way better buy rate and turn out than AJ.

Plus, AJ would get buried.

I know you're just talking but that's reality.

But w the streak broken, it's over, there's no reason to see Taker at another WM. I'm sure we will though, a retirement match is definitely next.

I feel Roman Reigns, or even Bray, could've been the choice to end the streak. It puts over a younger talent and does more for the future of their career.

But, at the end of the day, Taker chose Brock and had Brock as the one for years. It's done.
  • count  remy
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I feel Roman Reigns, or even Bray, could've been the choice to end the streak. It puts over a younger talent and does more for the future of their career.

But, at the end of the day, Taker chose Brock and had Brock as the one for years. It's done.

lol, there's nothing else for me to say, we basically agree. This is the only point I was trying to make before I named any names... second line and third to last line, even.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, I don't.

Although I've said to myself many times over the years "I'm done with this ? " I keep coming back.

Wrestling is like ? and I'm DMX

Just can't leave the ish alone
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yo this ? is hilarious, what page does the feelings start?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes, but not because it "wrasling", but because its terrible now.
This discussion has been closed.