Xbox one about to be cheaper than playstation 4

Options
Negro_Caesar
Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
Microsoft’s next-generation Xbox One video game console has been well-received thus far but there’s no question that sales have been lagging behind Sony’s rival box, the PlayStation 4. A number of industry watchers have suggested that the Xbox One’s price, which at $499 is $100 more than the PS4, was one of the main reasons for the console’s comparatively weak sales — Sony announced last month that PS4 sales had surpasses 6 million units, while the last number we heard from Microsoft was 3 million units as of the end of 2013. If price is indeed the biggest barrier for the Xbox One, a huge new sale that makes the Xbox One much cheaper than the PS4 could be just what Microsoft needs to push forward.

As noted by DualShockers, a limited-time sale at Target makes the Xbox One an absolute steal. The nationwide retailer is offering Microsoft’s Xbox One Titanfall bundle and 13 months of Xbox Live service for just $449.99.

On its own, hot new mech-style shooter Titanfall retails for $59.99. A year of Xbox Live also has a retail value of $59.99, which adds up to $120 lopped off the cost of the new Xbox One console. Add on Target’s $50 discount and you’re looking at an effective final price of $330.

The offer is pretty shocking considering the Xbox One just launched this past November. Even when the extra $50 off sale is over, buyers are still looking at $380 for the Xbox One considering the Titanfall and Xbox Live deals.

Potential Xbox One buyers likely won’t find a better price anytime soon, so you’ll likely want to act fast.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/big-sale-makes-xbox-one-much-cheaper-ps4-151012210.html

Comments

• WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what I was waiting for. Might actually cop now
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh.. drop that ? to $400 and we can talk.. aint really the money thing, just aint in no rush to cop one.. 360 still kicking strong
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not much of a gamer.. but that has to say something. being on the market what 6 months and already having to drop the price.. not to mention PS4 have sold twice as many units.. It cant be just that $100 is that big of a deal or nah?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? like this doesn't look good for Microsoft. The only time a company makes these kinds of decisions is when things aren't going the way they planned and they are looking for a way to reverse the trend. M$ already had to do this with their Surface line and now they are doing it with the XB1. There have been rumors that the board trying to put the new CEO to move away from computers and gaming altogether and focus back on business software. This might feed into that.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking words into reality
    This will be the last generation of x-box
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm grabbing this Friday. The cheap gamer wins again
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ms makes more money off the console I'm sure they willl be okay
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Ms makes more money off the console I'm sure they willl be okay

M$ doesn't make any money off the console. They are already selling at a loss. That's not unusual though. Over the long run companies make their money off game sales, which is why M$ is doing this. They banking on the fact that lowering the cost of systems will lead to more sales of systems which in turn will lead to more game sales which will eventually net them a profit.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft is not dropping the price, Target is...

They're just keeping the Titanfall bundle going...

If your in the market for XB1 you might want to jump on this...
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    I thought Sony made like $18 per console sold to MS $28 ...but either way MS can afford the L so I wouldn't sweat it
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

and this is why reading is fundamental.

BTW fellas everybody sells hardware at a loss except for Nintendo. Wii U is the first piece of hardware that they sold at a loss during launch. But unlike Sony and MS they're not as reliant on software sales. 60% of their annual net profit comes from hardware sales. Which is another reason I don't ever see them going 3rd party in this lifetime but that's a whole other topic.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was already done last month the week after Titanfall came out. Walmart did it too. There are still tons of X1s in store so it's no surprise.The bundle has not sold out.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    x box is such a try hard system just give up
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I'm pretty sure stores have to get permission from the companies before they can drop the price like that. Sometimes Best Buy's online store will do those price drops and they won't show you the price until you checkout because of regulations.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft is not dropping the whyprice, Target is...

I'm pretty sure stores have to get permission from the companies before they can drop the price like that. .

lol. This ? don't have a clue what he be taking about. Dont even know what MSRP is.

Reading this forum sometimes is like economics for dummies. Basic business practices just go flying over some of yall`s heads. I see why ? broke. smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Nobody is talking about MSRP ? . I was saying that there might be mechanisms in place for how far certain products can be discounted. For instance, Best Buy put the Surface Pro on sale for $499 a while back, but they were only allowed to do that because the Microsoft Store also sold it at that price. No other, seller was able to run that sale. There might be a similar agreement between M$ and Target in this case.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Ms wasn't selling the Titanfall bundles but other retailers had them ..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Your point? I never said retailers can only do what M$. I'm just suggesting that as licensed resellers of M$ products, some of the stores may be subject to restrictions in how far they can discount certain products. I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm just suggesting it as a possibility, and I've already pointed out two similar situations.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not buying