Is Triple H an all time great in your eyes?

2»

Comments

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 20-15 for me

This ^^^^

I can give credit where credit is due when it comes to HHH but some of the stuff he did and the way that he got there is kind of suspect from a wrestling fan perspective. He does has some classic matches within his career but, he along w/his boys HBK, Nash, & Hall buried guys b/c of all the locker room politics, the whole WM 19 mess with the way WWE allowed him to push the racism envelope with Booker T, & more suspect of all he married the boss's daughter which will probably overshadow anything he's done in his in-ring career when his name is bought up in conversation among fans.

HHH is an all time great b/c of what he did in the ring but just like his boy HBK, he never had the crossover appeal (that was mentioned in another post) like Hogan, Rock, Austin, Savage, Flair, Bruno, Andre, etc., Imo when HHH was in his prime he always in that #3 spot behind Austin or Rock and maybe #4 b/c Angle and Benoit was showing out in their primes with the matches they were having. I don't think HHH got a true chance to really shine until both Rock & Austin left WWE and they gave him the spotlight by forming Evolution. I'll give him credit for making Randy Orton & Batista as main eventers & eventually World Champions. I always thought HHH was at his best is when he was a heel character. The Million Dollar Man & HHH are the best heels I've ever seen imo.

As far as him being a 13 time World Champion that's very debatable (when he guys like RVD, Booker T, & Jericho etc should had been put over) when WWE has passed out World Championship reigns like candy over the last 7 - 8 yrs. When back then in the Golden/New Generation Era the average number of title reigns was anywhere between 2 - 5 reigns. It's the same thing w/Flair, Cena (who will break the record), Edge, Orton, etc.,

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triple H vs Mankind >>>>>>
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He took advantage of every opportunity he was given... you got to respect that... he's not the most talented and he's shady with a big ego but dude outlasted his comp and stayed true to the game (no pun)

He's the Jay-Z of wrestling
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^
    That explains everything.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

He was only ever naturally over at one point and that was the initial DX run. Every time after that--and keep in mind he's part of the reason I stopped watching in 2003--he had to be quite literally RAMMED down the audience's throat. He had X-Pac heat to me in that people hated him as a person, but he blew the right people so it was overlooked.

I don't question his dedication or work ethic, but let's keep it all the way funky: bruh is the culmination of opportunistic leeching, hard work, and non-familial nepotism. He's a muscular Jeff Jarrett.

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? need to stop hating and head to Netflix. He's top ten for me...

8154fBZnIjL._SL1500_.jpg
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was a good doc, but doesnt change my opinion
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never liked him.... He was so forced