No evidence of modern forgery in ancient text mentioning ‘Jesus’s wife’

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most Christians have they own way of seeing it but when I found out that the romans picked what was going to be in the bible. The notion of ? writing the bible sound ? hell to me. I take it as it is. The greatest novel ever assembled.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These idiots believe Jesus was human enough to eat, drink, sleep, ? and ? yet when it came to sex he was like... "pass".

Either you guys have some twisted views about sex or your have some twisted views about Jesus. Or both. Probably both.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can ? out a sun but let me write this vague ass explanation of how I cloned myself and plan to destroy my creations so that my creation will be confused about what I did, what I intend to do, and why... @Gawd
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    @ReppinTime, @DoU, and @Dro are ? for Jesus and don't wanna share.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess that's why the say common sense really ain't that common.

SMH @ the Creator hitting His creation from the back! BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
    HAHAHHAHAHAA I'M PUTTING THIS IN MY SIG
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Im quoting genesis ? . And The rest of that is too stupid and ill informed for me to bother with at the moment

Quoting something written in one book to try and support conclusions made about other books is usually a bad idea since, as I already pointed out, the Bible is a construct that was created long after these books were written so there is no automatic continuity between the books as most people assume.

So you can't make the logical assumption that since some texts refer to Jesus as ? 's Word made flesh and Genesis says the Word is ? that Jesus must be ? .

And I love when people say something is too stupid to be responded to because that usually means they can't respond. It's indisputable fact that not all early Christians believed Jesus was ? or the divine Son of ? . It's also indisputable fact that the only reason modern Christians do believe that Jesus is ? is because the Emperor of Rome backed that ideology and then used the power of the empire to eliminate all alternate opinions on the matter.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand...if Jesus was married then he was most likely a human being and not Superman pretending to be Clark Kent.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    \

If you want to have this debate make a thread in the R&R so I can use the scriptures to teach. Amsn

If you think you can use the Bible to counter what I'm saying, then you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

My point is that there are tons of Books and Gospels that were left out of the Bible, and even the Books included were altered during translation to pass certain agendas. Why do you think there are so many versions of the Bible? It's because the Bible wasn't some kinda of religious text that was compiled and maintained over the course of many years. It was the result of a council of scholars getting together and cherry picking from various existing texts to create the interpretation of Christianity that they believed was correct.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    I guess that's why the say common sense really ain't that common.

SMH @ the Creator hitting His creation from the back! BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

Religious folk do that ? all the time.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I don't understand...if Jesus was married then he was most likely a human being and not Superman pretending to be Clark Kent.

He was a human. Even those that believe he is ? in human form are still supposed to believe he was human. He wasn't Superman pretending to be Clark Kent. He was Superman choosing to become Clark Kent.

• ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'As above so below'

Science has proved its possible for something to be in separate places at once, and they've been able to show that with hundreds of miles in between. They've also proved its possible for something to be separate things and still be the same thing. e.g something can be both dead and alive at the same time. Scientists can duplicate this, im sure its unfeasible for ? tho. Dumb ? talk so assuredly but dont know ? about ? . Children
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    'As above so below'

Science has proved its possible for something to be in separate places at once, and they've been able to show that with hundreds of miles in between. They've also proved its possible for something to be separate things and still be the same thing. e.g something can be both dead and alive at the same time. Scientists can duplicate this, im sure its unfeasible for ? tho. Dumb ? talk so assuredly but dont know ? about ? . Children

What does that have to do with anything? That's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. And if you're talking about the Uncertainty Principle that opens the door for a probability of something to be present in multiple places at the same time, you're misrepresenting science as well as ignoring historical fact.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    \

If you want to have this debate make a thread in the R&R so I can use the scriptures to teach. Amsn

If you think you can use the Bible to counter what I'm saying, then you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

My point is that there are tons of Books and Gospels that were left out of the Bible, and even the Books included were altered during translation to pass certain agendas. Why do you think there are so many versions of the Bible? It's because the Bible wasn't some kinda of religious text that was compiled and maintained over the course of many years. It was the result of a council of scholars getting together and cherry picking from various existing texts to create the interpretation of Christianity that they believed was correct.

They were considered the priestly writers. They are all over the apostles scriptures. I had to study the way they had edit the bible. :).
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Who are you talking about? The people who translated the Bible or the ones that compiled it?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I took a course in college (a methodist college at that) thaqt was mandatory. Religious scriptures. I thought it was going to be just the regular stuff. Very wrong the professor (a catholic priest) was telling us ? that had most students questioning there religion. He contributed it to the different sect in Christianity.

That is the real problem, The bible was tainted in a lie from the beginning for the advancement of man.

i could keep talking ? but I have bible study.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    It's not really that the Bible was built on a lie. The problem is that none of the Gospels were written contemporary with Jesus' life or even close to his death. All of them were written more than a century after his death, so it stands to reason that there will be some discrepancies and disagreements between the books.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    'As above so below'

Oh all of a sudden this dope wants to believe science.

Stick to what you're good at which is pressing the "feelings" button when you feel sad and coming up with lame excuses as to why you won't write a reply when you're stumped.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No attempt to rebuttal me just emotions. Lolumad?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Most Christians have they own way of seeing it but when I found out that the romans picked what was going to be in the bible. The notion of ? writing the bible sound ? hell to me. I take it as it is. The greatest novel ever assembled.

The sovereignty of ? ruled over the councils. Stop with the Romans did it nonsense. Athanasius, who was African, had the cannon already established, which was the tool that the councils used when they met and agreed. Oh but the ROMANS THE ROMANS.......Scust......The same ones always hollering whitey did it, be the same ones trying to deny the rightful place of Africans in history because of intellectual dishonesty and laziness. Research before you comment. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    \

The thread I had in mind wasn't to debate what your talking about in the above rebuttal but what you said here:

"This isn't true. Whether Jesus was ? or not, his sacrifice would have made him the Savior. And none of the earlier scriptures referencing the Savior or Messiah say anything about him being ? in the flesh. Again, that concept wasn't even introduced until after Jesus was dead."

? can only forgive sins
    ? can only receive worship
    ? can only raise the dead
    ? can only calm the winds
    ? can only have the seas obey Him
    ? can only strike fear in demons
    ? can only defeat the devil
    ? can only give eternal life

I can prove all those claims with the scriptures, plus more to prove that it had to be ? who saved the world and no one else. Please come correct, or do come at all.

Amen.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    ? i can prove eggs and ham are green with dr seuss books.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? took a part of itself and put it in Mary so a piece of itself experiences the life of a human. When that piece died it returned to the Source ala Neo
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    ? took a part of itself and put it in Mary so a piece of itself experiences the life of a human. When that piece died it returned to the Source ala Neo

I think we all know what part, amirite?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if he was married what is the big deal ???
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Just respond here. If it gets moved so be it, it's really an R&R thread anyway.

? can only forgive sins

Where did Jesus forgive anyone's sins? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't recall him doing that. In fact, on more than one occasion in the Gospels he asks ? to forgive people.
    ? can only receive worship

Other than John, which I've addressed. Where in the Gospels is Jesus worshipped. He is honored and revered as any great spiritual lead is, but where is he worshipped?
    ? can only raise the dead

This is untrue. Both Peter and Paul raised people from the dead. You may make the argument that they did that by invoking ? 's power, but then you'd invite the counter that Jesus simply did the same thing.
    ? can only calm the winds
    ? can only have the seas obey Him

This in untrue. Saying this shows that you're missing the point of much of Jesus' teachings.
    Matthew 21:21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

Jesus taught that through our faith, we can do practically anything. This is why he got annoyed with the disciples during the storm and then rebuked them for lack of faith. Because he had been constantly teaching them that they should have been able to calm the storms themselves, but their faith was weak.

Another example was Jesus walking on water. Remember, when Jesus told Paul to come, Paul was able to walk on water too. Then he grew afraid and began to sink Once again, Jesus rebuked him for his lack of faith. So the point here, is that we are supposed to be able to do pretty much anything we want as long as our faith is strong.
    ? can only strike fear in demons

This is untrue. Pretty much all of Jesus' disciples were able to exorcise demons. Of course demons fear ? more than humans, but the point is several people in the Bible replicated the feats Jesus did regarding demons.
    ? can only defeat the devil

If by defeat you mean, beat the devil once and for all, then yeah you're probably right. If you mean beat him like Jesus did in the Bible meaning resisting his temptation, then as a true believe you should believe that anyone with faith that is obedient to ? defeats the devil on a regular basis.
    ? can only give eternal life

Ok, this is probably true, Jesus never gave anyone eternal life. What Jesus did was act as a proxy to implement ? 's will. Regardless of what you believe about Jesus' status as a deity, you should believe that it was ? "the Father" that actually gave humanity the chance at eternal life. ? "the Son" was just a conduit for that.