two part question about black and white people

Options

Comments

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    I mean you gonna look at anybody crazy out their usual environment. You see a square white dude in the hood he don't fit, and your going to show it. As far as number two go, ? afraid to expand they horizon. They comfortable with the usual ? and anything out of they box is foreign.

so you're cool with cops harassing black ppl at coffee shops in hipster neighborhoods?
    or blacks in their own homes in the burbs?

You made a big ass leap. All I'm saying is it's not unusual for a person that doesn't normally exist in a certain environment to be meet with confusion. If I go to a predominantly Mexican neighborhood they gone look at me crazy. Why? Cause it's not usual. I see a white dude in my neighborhood, same ? . Obviously I'm not cool with people being discriminated against because they are not from around there. It's just a fact that your going to get ? looks when in a unfamiliar environment.

Even still, what kind of ? idiot "looks at people crazy" as if they own space and someone has trespassed on it. Why react like a wild animal escaped the zoo?

So if you in predominately black area and see a non black your not going to think anything of it?

I don't get it, why should he?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. They think enjoying certain exclusive privileges is tarnished if negros are enjoying it too, especially if said negros don't look like they are professional people with money.

2. Our of a mistaken sense that you don't want to be black if you partake of certain activities.

/thread.

Pretty much.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think when people see other in black hoods...its more of a shock that the person has the ? to be around here.

when you see black in other hoods..people straight up be like that ? bout to steal something and what the fukk is he doing here.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    1) white privilege
    2) internationalized racism

How could internalized racism explain that?
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see a white in the hood I think they looking for drugs. I don't harass no one tho.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) white privilege
    this
    Anansi wrote: »
    1. Stupidity
    2. Stupidity
    THis is one of the biggest misconceptions about racism and self-hatred.

Some of the most intelligent people in the world are racist as ? .
  • A Talented One
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nevermind. Problem rectified.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I see a white in the hood I think they looking for drugs. I don't harass no one tho.
    honestly i think thats part of the problem....not saying you per se...but we allow white people to feel too comfortable.

can you walking in bensonhurst or can you walk in fishtown in philly as a black man? ukk no....if you do you will feel the impending danger. what do blacks people do? they stay the fukk out.

but ole jimmy will freely walk on any malcolm x ot martin luther king jr blvd with no fukks given.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    im still mad that the last time i went to sylvia's and i had to wait in line behind a bunch of white tourists wanting to taste black food.

made it a ? 1hour wait...behind white people in harlem.

yet i dont belong in Hermes?
  • Rasta.
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    1) white privilege
    this
    1. Stupidity
    2. Stupidity

How's it a misconception? It's stupidity for anyone to think he doesn't belong anywhere. Not everything is about racism
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    1. They think enjoying certain exclusive privileges is tarnished if negros are enjoying it too, especially if said negros don't look like they are professional people with money.

2. Our of a mistaken sense that you don't want to be black if you partake of certain activities.

/thread.

Pretty much.

Why is it always women who quote me approvingly and don't even give me a co-sign?

Duly noted.
  • A Talented One
    edited April 2014
    Options

/thread.

Pretty much.

Why is it always women who quote me approvingly and don't even give me a co-sign?

Duly noted.

Thx for the cosign, but now my last post is getting feelings. smh.
  • theBlackbeard
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    honestly i think thats part of the problem....not saying you per se...but we allow white people to feel too comfortable.

can you walking in bensonhurst or can you walk in fishtown in philly as a black man? ukk no....if you do you will feel the impending danger. what do blacks people do? they stay the fukk out.

but ole jimmy will freely walk on any malcolm x ot martin luther king jr blvd with no fukks given.

So is the problem whites need to be afraid or blacks need to grow a pair and get a damn car? I've been to the whitest of white neighborhoods, parties, malls, and never felt out of place. A person allows themselves to feel less than.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

So is the problem whites need to be afraid or blacks need to grow a pair and get a damn car? I've been to the whitest of white neighborhoods, parties, malls, and never felt out of place. A person allows themselves to feel less than.

hmmm ok
    not feeling out of place around white people is one thing but people trying to act like you dont belong is another.

maybe you just didnt realize what was around you or maybe your not conscious of body language an looks.

i am always aware of my surroundings especially when im one of the few thats different than everyone else.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) white privilege
    this
    1. Stupidity
    2. Stupidity

How's it a misconception? It's stupidity for anyone to think he doesn't belong anywhere. Not everything is about racism

Dude you think your average racist is just some small town snaggle-toothed hick with coveralls and confederate flag licenses plates?

No, they're congressmen, judges, lawyers, professors, scientists, doctors, and so-on. YOu can hate blacks with a passion and not be stupid man.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    I give it to white people tho....they certainly know how to find pleasure in the small things of life. I wish I saw more black people engaging in some of the leisurely activities that I enjoy, so I wouldn't have to feel so awkward. I just want black people to live a little more. I love Shakespeare and I'm always the only black person at a play, always the only black girl in yoga, or singing karaoke. Sometimes I just wanna sip some wine in the grass at Millennium Park with my socks off while reading a book, but none of my friends like that kinda stuff.
  • theBlackbeard
    Options

hmmm ok
    not feeling out of place around white people is one thing but people trying to act like you dont belong is another.

maybe you just didnt realize what was around you or maybe your not conscious of body language an looks.

i am always aware of my surroundings especially when im one of the few thats different than everyone else.

No. I'm actually very aware of the vibes people give off. I didn't say all whites are kind to me and love me, but if I go out to have a good time I'm doing just that. I'm not looking around like "they looking at me funny" I'm aware enough to know that I'm a ? around a bunch of whites but so? It's like you want segregation back.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoga is goat, we do it with the special ed clients....even they love that ? and half of em don't know what's goin on
  • theBlackbeard
    Options
    I give it to white people tho....they certainly know how to find pleasure in the small things of life. I wish I saw more black people engaging in some of the leisurely activities that I enjoy, so I wouldn't have to feel so awkward. I just want black people to live a little more. I love Shakespeare and I'm always the only black person at a play, always the only black girl in yoga, or singing karaoke. Sometimes I just wanna sip some wine in the grass at Millennium Park with my socks off while reading a book, but none of my friends like that kinda stuff.

That's what I'm saying. Maybe black people need to take more risk. Naw tho. ? think they assimilating like they giving up a prestiges history when most don't even identify with they Afriacan roots. Plan and simple black people are afraid to step outside the box.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    You need to get outta Chicago

In what city will I find a black yoga class?
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You need better friends because I do that type of stuff.

Living in Nashville is great sometimes. We get a lot of events at the parks, but black people just won't go. I understand why, but then again, I dnt. All I hear is there's nothing to do or it's wack, but they'll go down to Atlanta like that's just utopia.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to get outta Chicago

In what city will I find a black yoga class?

Lil Five Points, they got all that goofy hippy ? you like down here
  • Rasta.
    Options
    1) white privilege
    this
    1. Stupidity
    2. Stupidity

Dude you think your average racist is just some small town snaggle-toothed hick with coveralls and confederate flag licenses plates?

No, they're congressmen, judges, lawyers, professors, scientists, doctors, and so-on. YOu can hate blacks with a passion and not be stupid man.

What i know of a racist is ignorance and stupidity irrespective of educational or social standing. You make it seem everything is about racism, not one of your posts addresses that stupidity of both blacks and white? Stupid as stupid is irrespective of color imo