Spinoff: When is enough not enough

MzKB
MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
@DoUwant2go2Heaven made a thread about when is enough, enough……

I pose the question when is enough not enough?

We all know that man is not perfect and that people make mistakes whether it is willing or unwilling.

So answer this…what happens if a person stops doing all of the "worldly" things and ask for forgiveness, accepts Jesus/? or whomever they believe in as their savior, but sins right before his/her untimely death; Is that person damned to hell?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they have to repent everything before they die. That's the rule.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not in my opinion.

But the fact that this is interpreted so differently among people is another reason that Christianity bothers me, though it's how I was raised.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Religion is a bunch of ?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH NO..

YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN..

IF YOU TRUELY BELIEVE IN ? (FOLLOW HIS WORD) AND SAY YOU SIN, THEN "BAMMM" GET HIT BY A BUS AND DIE, YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN....

YOU DONT BECOME "UNSAVED" WHEN U SIN
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Religion is a bunch of ?

• MzKB
    So they gonna throw my thread into the Abyss??? What I do to deserve that? Mods coulda let it cook in GNS for a minute
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MzKB wrote: »
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven made a thread about when is enough, enough……

I pose the question when is enough not enough?

We all know that man is not perfect and that people make mistakes whether it is willing or unwilling.

So answer this…what happens if a person stops doing all of the "worldly" things and ask for forgiveness, accepts Jesus/? or whomever they believe in as their savior, but sins right before his/her untimely death; Is that person damned to hell?

camronNope-Copy.gif

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now might I do it pat, now he is praying; And now I'll do't. And so he goes to heaven; And so am I revenged. That would be scann'd: A villain kills my father; and for that, I, his sole son, do this same villain send to heaven. O, this is hire and salary, not revenge. He took my father grossly, full of bread; With all his crimes broad blown, as flush as May; And how his audit stands who knows save heaven? But in our circumstance and course of thought, 'Tis heavy with him: and am I then revenged, to take him in the purging of his soul, when he is fit and season'd for his passage? No! Up, sword; and know thou a more horrid hent: When he is ? asleep, or in his rage, Or in the incestuous pleasure of his bed; At gaming, swearing, or about some act that has no relish of salvation in't; Then trip him, that his heels may kick at heaven, and that his soul may be as damn'd and black as hell, whereto it goes. My mother stays: This physic but prolongs thy sickly days.
  • MzKB
    edited April 2014
    OH NO..

IF YOU TRUELY BELIEVE IN ? (FOLLOW HIS WORD) AND SAY YOU SIN, THEN "BAMMM" GET HIT BY A BUS AND DIE, YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN....

now we know that no sin is greater than the next…what happens if I commit suicide or murder and then die of a heart attack immediately am I still going to heaven?

Also is the where the "? knows my heart" assumption came from?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MzKB wrote: »
    OH NO..

now we know that no sin is greater than the next…what happens if I commit suicide or murder and then die of a heart attack immediately am I still going to heaven?

Also is the where the "? knows my heart" assumption came from?

I think the whole "? knows my heart" came from Psalms.
  • VIBE
    IMO, a ? shouldn't care about how humans live their lives. To be as petty as the ? described in the bible is silly.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    IMO, a ? shouldn't care about how humans live their lives. To be as petty as the ? described in the bible is silly.

That is like saying a dad should not care about his children
  • VIBE
    zombie wrote: »

How so?

? doesn't intervine in lives, he just allows them to make their own decisions, right?

A FATHER doesn't do that, he makes the best decisions for them until they're ready to do it for themselves. Even then, the father still makes sure that his children are making good choices.

? doesn't do either, he just allows and does nothing.

Can't compare a father to ? , because at the end of the day, the father (not ? , either) is far greater and will always do more.

I find it silly that ? is "above all", yet ? is extremely petty.

Regardless of what sin is commited, why be angry or surprised? After all, he allowed all this to happen, he set it all up. Makes no sense to be angry about something that he knows in advance is going to happen.

Sin is such a ? concept. It's man made rules because of guilt men felt, not because of a ? .
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the evidence ? cares about humans on Earth is...........?
  • zombie
    edited April 2014

How so?

? doesn't intervine in lives, he just allows them to make their own decisions, right?

A FATHER doesn't do that, he makes the best decisions for them until they're ready to do it for themselves. Even then, the father still makes sure that his children are making good choices.

? doesn't do either, he just allows and does nothing.

Can't compare a father to ? , because at the end of the day, the father (not ? , either) is far greater and will always do more.

I find it silly that ? is "above all", yet ? is extremely petty.

Regardless of what sin is commited, why be angry or surprised? After all, he allowed all this to happen, he set it all up. Makes no sense to be angry about something that he knows in advance is going to happen.

Sin is such a ? concept. It's man made rules because of guilt men felt, not because of a ? .

It IS CHRISTIAN belief that ? does intervine in our lives if we ask him too according to his will he will act, ? is not a dictator or a genie so he won't just give you what you want. But if you ask him for help ? will help you but in his own way. ? gets mad/sad that people choose to sin.

• zombie

And the evidence ? cares about humans on Earth is...........?

Christ came died and gave us a path to real life HUMANITY deciding to follow that path is on us.