The Bible Game

2»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    even if esau is the white race so what?? that is meaningless under christ.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brother if you don't care for the knowledge then let it be. Some of us want to understand more than the Gospel, but the Truth(that is, the Word of ? ) as a whole. For it is written, our people suffer for lack of knowledge.

Us identifying Esau and Israel helps us understand why our people are in the state we are in today and how we can get out of it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MGWIII wrote: »
    Question. Do you have to be baptized by water.

No. Baptism doesn't save you. Salvation is dependent upon confession that Jesus Christ is Lord and belief that He rose from the dead.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that ? hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-10

It's only by grace that we are saved through faith! Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but by His great mercy ? saved us.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of ? : 9Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Thus, you must be baptized by the Holy Spirit in order to gain entrance into the kingdom of ? !

"I baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to ? . But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am--so much greater that I'm not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."
    Matthew 3:11

Water baptism simply symbolizes Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. Baptism is to follow our acceptance of Christ. It is an after the fact matter. You must first be born again! Born again not by corruptible seed, but by incorruptible seed! And that incorruptible seed is the baptism of the Holy Spirit! Without the Spirit of ? living and abiding in you, you have no life in you and no part or inheritance in Christ Jesus.

And for the Biblical example I point to the thief on the cross, who believed that Jesus Christ was Lord and thus was subsequently saved while dying on the cross. It's by faith alone, through Christ alone! Amen.

Question: Will the Father be seen in heaven?
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Timothy 6:16 NLT

He alone can never die, and he lives in light so brilliant that no human can approach him. No human eye has ever seen him, nor ever will. All honor and power to him forever! Amen.

Not here on earth will we ever see him.

But in heaven
    Revelation 21:3 NLT

I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, ? ’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. ? himself will be with them.

This may not be a good question but it's one I struggle with.

Divorce is only ok I'm the case of adultery. True or false?
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twinzmom wrote: »
    Divorce is only ok I'm the case of adultery. True or false?

False: though the bible states

KJV
    Matthew 19:
    9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

We believers can repent and be forgiven for our sins

1 John 1:9
    King James Version (KJV)
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 3:23-26
    King James Version (KJV)
    23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of ? ;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom ? hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of ? ;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Question: Who punishes believers/non believers for our wrong doings.....? or the devil?
  • MGWIII
    MGWIII Members Posts: 29
    I don't have the scriptures but I don't believe the devil has any power except for if ? allows something like in job. ? does not punish, Roman 5:8 says Jesus died while we yet sinners and psalm 103:11 says that He removed our transgressions.
    Question: live by Grace or follow the law
  • Black Boy King
    The devil isn't a being. It just means the adversary.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MGWIII wrote: »
    I don't have the scriptures but I don't believe the devil has any power except for if ? allows something like in job. ? does not punish, Roman 5:8 says Jesus died while we yet sinners and psalm 103:11 says that He removed our transgressions.
    Question: live by Grace or follow the law

The book of Romans answers this pretty thoroughly. Here are a few scriptures:

"Well then, since ? 's grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not!"
    Romans 6:15

"But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve ? , not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit."
    Romans 7:6

We live under grace, but grace doesn't give us a license to sin with impunity. We must be submissive to the LORD in all of our ways. We do that by allowing the Holy Spirit to have total control over our lives as we yield to Him day in and day out.

Has Isaiah 17:1 been fulfilled yet?

• Black Boy King
    edited April 2014
    Claim: ? made His covenants with nation of Israel and nation of Israel only. Only Israelites of the bloodline will recieve the promises.
  • zombie
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Claim: ? made His covenants with nation of Israel and nation of Israel only. Only Israelites of the bloodline will recieve the promises.

They recieved most of their promises already and they largely ignored it because they were caught up in laws and traditions. Most of which were not even given to them by ? in the first place.
  • Black Boy King
    zombie wrote: »

They recieved most of their promises already and they largely ignored it because they were caught up in laws and traditions. Most of which were not even given to them by ? in the first place.

Lol what are you talking about?
  • zombie

The nation of israel got almost everything ? promised to them already and they just ignored it, the old covenants have been superseded with a new better one, with bloodline no longer being as important.
  • Black Boy King

The nation of israel got almost everything ? promised to them already and they just ignored it, the old covenants have been superseded with a new better one, with bloodline no longer being as important.

Back track bro, are you saying my claim is true or false? When I say covenantssssss I mean the Old and the New Covenants are made for/with the descendants of Israel. The bloodline.
  • zombie
    edited April 2014

Back track bro, are you saying my claim is true or false? When I say covenantssssss I mean the Old and the New Covenants are made for/with the descendants of Israel. The bloodline.

The new covenant is for all mankind if your claim is that the new covenant is just for the descendants of israel then i would have to disagree with you and the old has been superseded by the new. let me just say that the old testament is obsolete but still functions. good luck following it