Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as detrimental to Black empowerment?

2»

Comments

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    It's all about power and control if blacks get to a position of power and control and use it the way it has traditionally been used by mostly whites they are no better than the whites.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another thing i have noticed is when whites get somewhere they hire only whites until the law steps in.

when hispanic get into power they will hire only hispanics...usually no one says anthing.

ehll even when indians and pakis get a gas station or 7-11 they hire other southern asians.

but when black get into power they try to hire the most qualified and dont want to be labeled as hiring only blacks.

like its a problem with it.

i see division at the low level just like in the high level.

hell here in switzerland the dominicans speak to me an show love waaaaay before the black swiss. an when i see an american black...forget it. its an attitude all the way.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pralims wrote: »
    another thing i have noticed is when whites get somewhere they hire only whites until the law steps in.

when hispanic get into power they will hire only hispanics...usually no one says anthing.

ehll even when indians and pakis get a gas station or 7-11 they hire other southern asians.

but when black get into power they try to hire the most qualified and dont want to be labeled as hiring only blacks.

hell here in switzerland the dominicans speak to me an show love waaaaay before the black swiss. an when i see an american black...forget it. its an attitude all the way.

Damn, that's ? sad. I mean you two men who are making it and doing business deals in switzerland, but I guess only one ? can be that ? . SMFH!
  • 2stepz_ahead

Damn, that's ? sad. I mean you two men who are making it and doing business deals in switzerland, but I guess only one ? can be that ? . SMFH!

it is but i still make it a point to try to speak to my people regardless.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    hammer is the perfect example....he wanted to help out alot of people an went broke in the process but no one wants to look at that...they look at him and laugh cuz he broke now.
    if the man ever gets money again...i bet he wont help no ? body out...an then he will be a sellout

Yeah it's a damn shame. We're our own worst enemy.
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    caddo man wrote: »
    I think it is time for "Us" to stop being "Us". Times has changed. We (Us) dont have the same unifying problem anymore. The poor blacks have the same problems as poor white and other minorities. They did not get there the same way but all can leave on the same change in habits and ideologies.

Segregation did more to change the dynamics of the black community than anything in history. It fragmented the community by giving the upper class blacks a way to move out from the middle and lowers income blacks. Then the middle class blacks began to move out to suburban areas. What was left is the remains of thriving communities that were only held together by the racial segregation of WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestants) and other government officials.

Fixing it can not be the job of Upper income Black people. It actually has to come from the continuing eroding of the mindset of the Lower income Blacks through outreach and mentoring. Showing them how to fish and encouraging the ones take it upon themselves to keep fishing without your assistance. But this outreach and mentoring can not be segregated to one area or races. It has to spread across the nation in different forms and implemented by different organizations. WE are not the same, so the solution can not be.

It takes centuries for different races to rise up out of the ashes of slavery and torment. I would say that African Americans are on a fast track.

exactly! why do black people say obama needs to help the black community. the black community needs to help itself. more welfare isnt going to stop the violence, there needs to be a major reform of the culture, and a bigger emphasis on education, work skills, etc, like all the great black leaders wanted.

it seems like the premise of this thread is that they are mad that richer black people arent helping poor ones, like that responsibility falls on them because they are the same race.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    ^^^
    i agree.

its like trying to save someone from drowning....i can help one person maybe even two....but if you help too many they will pull you under.

will i get love again once im broke?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being black & successful and being about yourself is one thing. But these bougie Uncle Tom uppity negroes (Jayz, Birdman, Nicki Minaj) are helping tear down the black community. They get they millions then tell you "you ain't ? " and you'll never be on they level. ? is disgusting