Goin to church only on Easter unappreciation thread

Options
Knives Amilli
Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
So in a bid to be less of a ? son, im going with my pops to the 1:00 service.......Despite the fact that I REALLLLYYYY dont wanna go. My folks live 40 miles away :(

And I'm an atheist.

? gonna be brutal.

Is anybody else making a rare appearance at church today?

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your pops know you atheist??
  • Knives Amilli
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Your pops know you atheist??

Both my parents know. I think they either dismiss it as a phase or are in active denial about it.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope my parents know not to ask me to go to church anymore. I really don't even think they go anymore either.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Choosing not to attend church doesn't make you a bad son. Its your beliefs, or lack thereof. If I were you, I would skip if it really makes you uncomfortable and let your parents know you would rather take them out or chill with them outside of a religious setting.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    (I'm assuming) you're grown. Your parents shouldn't be dragging you along to church.
  • Knives Amilli
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Nope my parents know not to ask me to go to church anymore. I really don't even think they go anymore either.
    Choosing not to attend church doesn't make you a bad son. Its your beliefs, or lack thereof. If I were you, I would skip if it really makes you uncomfortable and let your parents know you would rather take them out or chill with them outside of a religious setting.

They didnt ask me to go. And its one of those things that I know means a lot to them. Im going through that whole "realizing that my parents won't be here forever and how much they do/have done for my ungrateful ass" phase
  • Bodhi
    Options

They didnt ask me to go. And its one of those things that I know means a lot to them. Im going through that whole "realizing that my parents won't be here forever and how much they do/have done for my ungrateful ass" phase

Oh well make the best of it bro. Come back and tell us what you learned lol
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom keeps sayin' "You'll go back to church eventually..."

I won't.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant go gotta work.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your relationship with which ever ? you choose is your own, no church is needed in order for you to have a relationship with that ? ...

I'm more agnostic than atheist...
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (I'm assuming) you're grown. Your parents shouldn't be dragging you along to church.

1CK1S wrote: »
    You can't attend church on an Easter Sunday especially predominantly black churches, it's worse than being at a club. You'll see black folks having n-gga moments over parking, seating, the collection plate, and etc.

I'd rather just do a morning pray and be done with it.

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    There be ? at church tho...

Lil Chris aint lyin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HX7EZmiAk
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get it. It happens when you realize damn man my parents are getting old. I get that guilt when I realize a week has gone by and I haven't called them.

As far as today I'm just am not going to be part of the mass attendance of hypocrites on Easter.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get it. It happens when you realize damn man my parents are getting old. I get that guilt when I realize a week has gone by and I haven't called them.

As far as today I'm just am not going to be part of the mass attendance of hypocrites on Easter.

My church is a small church & it's cool. So I know them problems probably won't happen

I just don't like mega churches because I know it's people that's going for the wrong reason (just to show off their church clothes, taking pictures before church) like "are you attending a fashion show?

I went to church last week tho & won't attend this week because of the bolded
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Its my moms last day in town, so I figured Ill stop being an ? for one day and take my ass to church. She knows im spiritual and not religious , but she asked so I excepted....

But if one of these big hat wearing ? ? with me, its a wrap....

martin-and-ms-geri-o.gif
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    About to walk in church now........shrugs

Lol they want me to be a deacon Lol me of all people. Told the dude nah bruh I still drink and fornicate a lot I mean a whole lot. His reply ? has a plan for you..........:|

But He does. Only question is will you allow it to manifest in your life?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was out to dinner on Good Friday with my cousins for a birthday. I was the only ? there eatin' meat. ? wouldn't touch church the whole year then only eat fish on Good Friday
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol they want me to be a deacon Lol me of all people. Told the dude nah bruh I still drink and fornicate a lot I mean a whole lot. His reply ? has a plan for you..........:|

You in trouble
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL!!! G'on head and do it Dea. Cain.