Goin to church only on Easter unappreciation thread

2»

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You not attending church isn't being a ? , they didn't even ask, more than likely they respect that you're an atheist. (even if they may not like it)

Just show up at their house after church and bring some food, or take them out.

Don't force yourself to do ? you don't wanna do.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we don't celebrate holidays but we damn sho raid kitchens
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of people asked me to go to church with them today and I declined. I told them that I ain't been to church in forever, and I damn sure ain't going to just show up out of nowhere on Easter Sunday like it's all good. I remember I used to look at ? like that sideways when I was going to service more often.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://scontent-a-sjc.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10154082_10152039454821190_5450155476242982925_n.jpg[/img]
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »
    You can't attend church on an Easter Sunday especially predominantly black churches, it's worse than being at a club. You'll see black folks having n-gga moments over parking, seating, the collection plate, and etc.

I'd rather just do a morning pray and be done with it.
    I went to my grandma's church for Christmas before, they kept us there for 6 Damn hours. Never again.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went church today and I had liked it. The pastor wasnt a ? robotic biblical bumbling idiot.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    I dont do the whole church thing but i went out to get breakfast and seeing all the bad broads coming out after the 12 oclock mass
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should've went today. My church was having a gospel rap battle cypher & holy ghost dance contest today
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to church this today and last week. Great community and family.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    LaQueefa wrote: »
    I went church today and I had liked it. The pastor wasnt a ? robotic biblical bumbling idiot.
    so he lied in the proper manner?

? is ? , fried, boiled, fileted, or steamed. He was still telling a congregation full of grown ass muthafukkas that a grown ass Jew got killed and came back 3 days later.

? outta here wit that ? .
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love the fellowshipping, I refuse to be part of he niggerdom that is 'Easter'.
    But, then again, I don't celebrate stuff like that.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    church was great yesterday
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Nope my parents know not to ask me to go to church anymore. I really don't even think they go anymore either.
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Choosing not to attend church doesn't make you a bad son. Its your beliefs, or lack thereof. If I were you, I would skip if it really makes you uncomfortable and let your parents know you would rather take them out or chill with them outside of a religious setting.

They didnt ask me to go. And its one of those things that I know means a lot to them. Im going through that whole "realizing that my parents won't be here forever and how much they do/have done for my ungrateful ass" phase
    That's good, that's how i feel about it when i go home. My mom has done so much for me the least i can do is spend 2hrs at church because i know it makes her happy. I stopped going at 18 and it was killing her lol.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go to peep out the skant dressed hoes from Satruday night smellin like ? instead of perfume. it's a good way to get laid on Easter sunday. ? be fulla dat hoe-ly spirit and I be ready ? em down too. Went yesterday and saw bout 8 ? I KNOW didn't have no panties or bras on talm bout "Happy Easter" singing songs ? bouncin'..I got a number too.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    So I went....

1. It was hot as a ? in there. Glad I wore shorts and a polo or I woulda passed out from heat stroke.

2. There was this lady behind me beating a tambourine like Christ's resurrection depended on that ? . Mentioned this to my folks and they laughed on some "oh yeah, her" type of ? .

3. Mad ? . THough honestly, I couldn't tell if a lot of them were grown women or still in high school :(

4. It still was pretty boring. There was a lil girl next to me who was on an iPad playing Minecraft damn near the whole service. I bout told her "I got next on the sticks when you die"
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pastor cut it short on Sunday cause he had to hit five other churches. Got there late, left early. Cant beat that with a stick.
  • Bodhi
    So I went....

1. It was hot as a ? in there. Glad I wore shorts and a polo or I woulda passed out from heat stroke.

2. There was this lady behind me beating a tambourine like Christ's resurrection depended on that ? . Mentioned this to my folks and they laughed on some "oh yeah, her" type of ? .

3. Mad ? . THough honestly, I couldn't tell if a lot of them were grown women or still in high school :(

4. It still was pretty boring. There was a lil girl next to me who was on an iPad playing Minecraft damn near the whole service. I bout told her "I got next on the sticks when you die"

what'd the pastor talk about
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    So I went....

what'd the pastor talk about

Typical easter stuff. About how Christ's resurrection allowed man to be forgiven of sin, thereby allowing man a "second life" in heaven.
  • Bodhi