As President; Would U Stop A Foriegn Genocide?

Options
2»

Comments

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NO, because I wouldnt care...
    Nope... wouldn't give a ?

it's always been part of human nature to eliminate a mass group of enemy tribes.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OTHER...
    How about Obama get his ? ? kenyan ass out the White man's house and go stop that genocide in Chicago first before he jump his happy ass into a foreign conflict. damn I hate ? ? wit a passion
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    LadyZee, I know a great deal more about the UK than most people who live outside of it. I have never been to Ireland but spent about 2 months in England, Whales and Scotland. I love it there. My family visits nearly every summer.
    don't say this and then spell WALES wrong, damnit!

Janklow for mod of year
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OTHER...
    twatgetta wrote: »
    How about Obama get his ? ? kenyan ass out the White man's house and go stop that genocide in Chicago first before he jump his happy ass into a foreign conflict. damn I hate ? ? wit a passion

Obama and NATO want the millions and billions of dollars worth of minerals in Afghanistan. There's nothing of importance in Chicago for him.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes but only in secret using Spec-Ops...dont want to risk a Blackhawk Down incident.

? the Mayor that used to be in his cabinet, ? the state senate, ? the congressmen in those neighborhoods, ? the attorney general, ? the Deputy Mayor, ? the Govenor, NOPE...lets skip right to the ? White House lol

You do realize the President can not use Federal Troops on civilians correct? You do realize the President's powers are limited locally right? That pesky 10th Amendment is a muthafukker.
  • twatgetta
    edited April 2014
    Options
    OTHER...
    Darxwell wrote: »

? the Mayor that used to be in his cabinet, ? the state senate, ? the congressmen in those neighborhoods, ? the attorney general, ? the Deputy Mayor, ? the Govenor, NOPE...lets skip right to the ? White House lol

You do realize the President can not use Federal Troops on civilians correct? You do realize the President's powers are limited locally right? That pesky 10th Amendment is a muthafukker.

@Darxwell‌

FOH ? !!... Chicago was a hot mess WHILE that Keyan ? was still there and not ? got done. ? some "community organizing" ? , damn right it's his fault, it's his so-called home city ain't it??..

Bill Clinton single handedly got blamed for the ? explosion in Mena, Arkansas loooong after he was in the White House. The infamous historical DVD called "Bangin' in Little Rock" grew from that...

Now, make sense when you talk to me chump and stop defending that ursurping African illegitmate bastard President
  • twatgetta
    Options
    OTHER...
    LadyZee wrote: »
    I refuse to partake in a debate with one that goes by the name 'twatgetta'.

Not becuz of the name twatgetta tho' but becuz you can't debate the facts. kick rocks. @LadyZee
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yes, Send In the Marines. We're not he world's police but we should still have a conscience...
    janklow wrote: »
    The recipient of most of the British Army's attention? Yes, killing us and providing protestant paramilitaries with guns, etc in order to ? us - exactly the attention we wanted.
    to be fair, it's not like both sides of that conflict didn't get guns from shady as ? means and commit violence against random civilians

Who said there wasn't bloodshed on both sides?

I'm merely pointing out that it was Irish civillians & the IRA vs. British civilians, protestant paramilitaries and British TROOPS.

"Get their guns from shady as ? means" - one of the biggest sourses of IRA guns was America. Simply got an IRA member to buy guns by the hundred & ship them... Your gun laws allow for this.
    What happens with America's genocide in Iraq then? Are they just going to keep killing and killing until they run out of people?
    not even sure what this is about

I'm referring to America's 'campaign' in Iraq as a genocide.
    If you're referring to WWII I think you'll find that Ireland stayed neutral thoughout.
    To make your statement accurate try using 'Britain' instead of 'the UK'.
    you know what's NOT a strong argument on moral grounds? declaring you proudly stayed neutral rather than fighting ? .

also, look, if you live in Northern Ireland, then you live in the UK. sorry, you may hate it, good luck, but it's in the UK. and the UK -not solely Britain- was in the war. at that time the UK also meant a lot more than just a handful of islands, right? i presume this because you're taking the Protestant paramilitary thing very personally. if you don't, okay.

I'm aware of the northern ireland/southern divide, funny enough. I live here (up north, Britain) part time for university but I'm a Dubliner born and bred.

I live in the UK whether I'm in the north or the south.

All of Ireland's in the UK, southern Ireland is not part of Britain, northern Ireland is. This isn't rocket science.

Ireland remained neutral in WII, being anti-war is nothing to be ashamed of.

it was a newly established country, Britain was as much as a threat to Ireland as Germany was, it was a lose lose situation.

Nothing wrong with claiming neutral as long as you don't benefit from the war like Spain. Real talk though, Germany would have paid you a visit if Britain lost. It's easy to claim neutral when someone else is doing the fighting for you.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Send In the Marines. We're not he world's police but we should still have a conscience...
    Genocide cannot just be allowed to go on, after the situation in rawanda stoped it spawned troubled for that whole region of africa because some of the people who did the killing went to other countries and destablized them
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    OTHER...
    For those who voted to send in the cavalry , would ya'll have supported a bombing campaign in Syria? 150,000 people have been slaughtered and there are over 2 million refugees and counting entering neighboring countries right now. I personally wouldn't have because it's basically Al-Qaeda and friends (to be fair, more moderate Islamists too) vs the president of Syria but just wondering. Things are pretty ugly there now
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    For those who voted to send in the cavalry , would ya'll have supported a bombing campaign in Syria? 150,000 people have been slaughtered and there are over 2 million refugees and counting entering neighboring countries right now. I personally wouldn't have because it's basically Al-Qaeda and friends (to be fair, more moderate Islamists too) vs the president of Syria but just wondering. Things are pretty ugly there now

Yes. But we all know Russia was ready to have a hissy fit. Still, we did provide clandestine material support which gave them a fighting chance. Al Qaeda would be involved anywhere they can sow their treachery. Still, the rebels fight them too.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry @janklow and @‌elrawd, I don't get paid to proof read my posts. haha. If I wanted to show family pics, I could share some from Castle Cardiff and the Games Workshop in Cardiff :) I even know a few phrases on Welsh but could never type them because its such a ponderous language.

@LadyZee Genocide by the US in Iraq? Genocide is a very specific & legal term, I actually took a workshop on it in college.

here is an excerpt from the UN definition of the word:

Key Provisions

The convention defines genocide as any act committed with the idea of destroying in whole or in part a national, ethnic, racial or religious group. This includes such acts as:
    •Killing members of the group
    •Causing serious ? or mental harm to members of the group
    •Deliberately inflicting conditions calculated to physically destroy the group (the whole group or even part of the group)
    •Forcefully transferring children of the group to another group

The US involvement in Iraq does not meet any of the key provisions of genocide. It was a war and war is separate from genocide so go kick rocks as Twatgetta said and come up with another line of argument.

Because you are like a dizzy top, let me try and refocus you on the topic at hand of genocide and why you think the US should not 'meddle' and try and stop a genocide, if it was in it's power to do so.

Please continue.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Janklow for mod of year
    i do what i can
    You do realize the President can not use Federal Troops on civilians correct?
    not that this is always adhered to. or that the militarization of police doesn't allow you to violate it.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Who said there wasn't bloodshed on both sides?
    I'm merely pointing out that it was Irish civillians & the IRA vs. British civilians, protestant paramilitaries and British TROOPS.
    i'm merely pointing up that for all the ? -up stuff British troops have done, they're not the ones who collected the majority of civilian casualties.
    "Get their guns from shady as ? means" - one of the biggest sourses of IRA guns was America. Simply got an IRA member to buy guns by the hundred & ship them... Your gun laws allow for this.
    alright, let's break this down quickly: what you are describing is, you know, ILLEGAL per our gun laws (which are something a lot of non-Americans think they're more familiar with than they are). especially if we're talking about IRA guys with organized crime connections. but European countries where paramilitaries trolled for arms don't have our gun laws. and Libya sending boatloads of arms doesn't have a lot to do with our gun laws. so what are we talking about?

and in honor of this, later, i'll go shoot my Armalite and enjoy some American gun laws
    I live in the UK whether I'm in the north or the south.
    All of Ireland's in the UK, southern Ireland is not part of Britain, northern Ireland is. This isn't rocket science.
    look, you're the one claiming to live there, but you might want to consult a map, since the United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland but not Ireland. let's do the Wikipedia thing:

"Following the Irish War of Independence, which resulted in the Anglo-Irish Treaty, the modern Ireland gained effective independence from the United Kingdom as the Irish Free State in 1922. Northern Ireland exercised an option (called the Ulster Month) to remain in the United Kingdom."

so what are we talking about? you're not in England, but if you're in Northern Ireland, you're in the UK.
    Ireland remained neutral in WII, being anti-war is nothing to be ashamed of.
    it's not as bad as Finland backing the Nazis out of distaste for the USSR, but fundamentally, Ireland made a decision that opposing ? wasn't worth the effort. i'm not counting this just against Ireland, but hey, it is what it is.
    Sorry @janklow and @‌elrawd, I don't get paid to proof read my posts. haha. If I wanted to show family pics, I could share some from Castle Cardiff and the Games Workshop in Cardiff :) I even know a few phrases on Welsh but could never type them because its such a ponderous language.
    don't worry, i just have to ? wise when i see that
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES, Its what Jesus would do...
    Why not.

The U.S may find itself in a similar situation in the future.
  • twatgetta
    edited April 2014
    Options
    OTHER...

They are detached from reality and think none of the ? that's happening worldwide could ever happen here in America in a million years...how vain are the ignorant you ask? just read the replies of them...lol

• Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    edited April 2014
    Options
    NO, because I wouldnt care...
    theres too many foreign policy politics involved in ANY crisis like this to make a judgement off of the information given.

1. what is the diplomatic condition? is either side an ally, or have major allies like russia or china who would counter the US if we intervened?
    2. are there natural resources at stake ?
    3. what methods are the agressors using? chemical weapons, bombs, or just guns makes a difference.

theres more factors that im not up on, but plan to read about this summer in a foreign policy class for political science. no one intervenes in these types of conflicts because their conscience told them to.

so assuming the country is as remote as you describe, negative on the intervention.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes but only in secret using Spec-Ops...dont want to risk a Blackhawk Down incident.
    Either answer the question or ? . This is a simple online discussion not a class on the philosophy of string theory as it related to the natural world.

Nobody's doing a book report here, troll. Keep it simple stupid.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but only with NATO support. We're not taking up this responsiblity alone.
    We need to let the Euros so that ? we already the most hated. I wanted to pick that hmm are they black choice
  • twatgetta
    Options
    OTHER...
    Either answer the question or ? . This is a simple online discussion not a class on the philosophy of string theory as it related to the natural world.

Nobody's doing a book report here, troll. Keep it simple stupid.

Now this ? holla book report after he mercked for being ignorant about Eric Holder. kick rocks ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but only with NATO support. We're not taking up this responsiblity alone.
    If u can do something, u should...