Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    u know what he's about yet u entertaining the thought? y?
    smarten up kat...

makes me think she still has feelings about the guy, some how some way it's in the back of her mind and she doesn't wanna ? up what's good now

I don't even understand why she's entertaining the idea of having this guy around
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't be that chick. If you think he just tryin' to get at you, let him speak to his daughter on the phone, or something. Keep ya' man in on the whole thing. But don't stand in the way.

My BM used to swear a MF still wanted to beat and she was wrong as hell. What makes you so sure ?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Feel him out, but be cautious. Your child shouldn't have to suffer.

Also if he's serious, tell him to buy some clothes for the little. This will let you know if he's serious about being in her life.

Now the question is what made him leave while you were pregnant? Not ready for responsibility?
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can still hit, stop it. Otherwise you wouldn't have entertained the game. Women hilarious, yall refuse to pay attention to the obvious ? . If a ? pop up talking bout subway he knows he aint ? and want you to know it
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is trying to use your daughter to setup another 3 some with you and your bf...

Maybe he claimed her on his taxes and is having a hard time telling you...

You should explain to him that you want him in the child's life, but you need to do what is best for her.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Mannnnn listen, he's feeling like a ? ass ? , and wants to release those feelings of aintshitness. He spent his whole tax return on some other broad's kid (s), and now he feel like ? for not doing right by his own flesh and blood.

He wants you to bring babygirl to Subway so he can take a few pics and post them ? on Facebook with the caption 'Had lunch with my #1lady. #Daddydaughterday'

Psssh, you already know what it is. I'd take a picture of the back of my baby's head and be like 'We looking past you.'

jonsey never scared
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    He is trying to use your daughter to setup another 3 some with you and your bf...

Maybe he claimed her on his taxes and is having a hard time telling you...

You should explain to him that you want him in the child's life, but you need to do what is best for her.
    HS_Oprah_02.gif

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? might be hard to hear, since the ? up and bounced on you...but that's ain't YOUR daughter. That's Y'ALL daughter. Point blank.

Interpret that how you will.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I told you we was going to find yo ass
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smarten up kat...

Hey, it's my first go at this okay? I don't claim to have all the answers.

I want to believe the best. I'd love to think that he's matured and changed and wants a relationship with his child.

Unfortunately, I know ya'll are probably right.

• Kat
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    smarten up kat...

makes me think she still has feelings about the guy, some how some way it's in the back of her mind and she doesn't wanna ? up what's good now

This is so far from the truth it's funny.

There will never be anything between he and I ever again, boyfriend or not.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he's cool, you should let him meet her. She should have a relationship with her biological father if possible imo
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? might be hard to hear, since the ? up and bounced on you...but that's ain't YOUR daughter. That's Y'ALL daughter. Point blank.

But he isnt her parent...
  • Kat
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Mannnnn listen, he's feeling like a ? ass ? , and wants to release those feelings of aintshitness. He spent his whole tax return on some other broad's kid (s), and now he feel like ? for not doing right by his own flesh and blood.

He wants you to bring babygirl to Subway so he can take a few pics and post them ? on Facebook with the caption 'Had lunch with my #1lady. #Daddydaughterday'

Psssh, you already know what it is. I'd take a picture of the back of my baby's head and be like 'We looking past you.'

lmao! I can always count on MsJ to keep it all the way real.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Ok, if I understand this correctly - your daughter has never met him ?

Don't you think she should.

Also, ya' man shouldn't factor in to whether or not ya' daughter knows her father. It might be late but that's still her dad.

What u worried 'bout ?

She has met him, but she has not seen him since she's been of an age where she might understand who he is..

I'm worried because why stir all this up just to be out again?

Why mess up what we got going and confuse her when I know it's most likely temporary?

I always want him to have access to his daughter which is why he has my number, but I'm worried for her.

He seems to be oblivious to all that.

It's understandable you're worried for her but part of allowing her to get to know her father is taking that risk of him leaving again. There's really no way around it. You can't develop a relationship with someone, friend, parent, other w/o risking being hurt. It's just unfortunately the hurt in this instance would be 1000x worse. If she's old enough to really think about it I'd say at least hear your daughter out because you can bet if she gets older and finds out her father wanted to see her at anytime and you denied that she'll take it out on you even if he still is a ? person.

She's only 6.

I wish she were older so she could understand. I'm just hesitant to even open that can of worms when he has a history of being flighty.

6 is a bit too young then in my opinion and I can see why you're extra protective at that age over this situation. It's just ? up the only way to know how serious he is to put ya'll daughter in a position to get hurt by him. There's really no way around it.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why butI'm still dying at subway gift cards
  • mryounggun
    Options
    To be honest, it don't really matter what he wants. If you don't want nothing to do with him, make it clear. Keep ? business only and let him know that unless he's trying to see y'all daughter, there is no reason to contact you. And consistently stick with it. ? all the jokes and taking lil shots at him about not being around. Keep the emotion out of it.

If he wants to see his kid, then let him.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

But he isnt her parent...

Agreed. Irrelevant though. But I agree.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    What does your man say about it?

Might be a long shot but if you plan on doing the screening process thing maybe both of yall could meet him together to feel him out...show him that he's not necessarily needed as far as providing for your daughter goes. So if he plans on sticking around it'll strictly be because he really cares about building and maintaining a relationship. But if not....? wasn't there anyway so he won't be missed. There will be a void naturally but yall know what I mean...