how long you give tna b4 they fold?

TdotGoHARD87
TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
i would say 2 yrs max if they dont pick up the slack. and this time vince aint gon be buyin them ? either.

thoughts?

Comments

• mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    It all depends on them.

I mean they'll pick up the slack eventually, hopefully, and stop signing these old talents that people really don't care for. Maybe they'll be around for about 5 years or 10.

The thing is, WWE is a monster. When highlights are shown on different, respectable networks, and brought up in topics there, that shows a solid relevance. I don't see many TNA highlights anywhere.
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Like t/s said, 2 years max
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    hogan duked dixie in the ass to do what ever he wants to tna which is a damn shame .. they will lose the few die hard fans they got off of hogan bulshit alone!!

no more x division
    no more c daniels
    no more JEFF JARRET

hogan knockin all that ? out ... its a damn shame thats soilid fans rite there gone .. and this ? turnin aj styles heel gunna lose people too ... i say by this time next year thats ? will be laid down
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Hogan, Bischoff and Russo are about to run ANOTHER promotion into the ground.

I get the feeling sometimes that Dixie Carter never watched WCW from 1998-2001.
  • kingscourt
    kingscourt Members Posts: 16
    edited January 2010
    I think as long as Dixie cares about TNA it will be around. The problem with WCW is that the guy who had the money ( Turner) didn’t really care about the project. It was all black and white numbers for him. I think TNA will be second as the wrestlers will like a place to go other than WWE and it’s still good for ratings. I hope that there are not to many changes but they did need some.

Aj Styles move is a big mistake especially the gimmick they choose for him. It’s ridiculous. It would have been better to give Flair to Daniels or Eric Young
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    man this ? is done b4 the end of next year
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    man this ? is done b4 the end of next year

Lies
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting close, they about to lose their Spike TV deal
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    It's getting close, they about to lose their Spike TV deal

This is complete heresay. The only real fact is that they haven't renewed a TV deal that expires in the fall with Spike TV. There's no news about Spike not being willing to renegotiate the contract so how are they about to "lose their deal"?

As wack as management has been no other US promotion that started when they did has lasted 12 years or even half that time. On top of that something that IS a fact is that they are now in bed with one of the largest and most reputable talent agencies in LA (UTA) which represents people like Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp and who's umbrella also represents brands like Starbucks, Nestle and AT&T.

This is the first time they took a wrestling promotion as a client. UTA will be handling their licensing and TV contract deals from here on out so chances are they'll remain on Spike. Even if they don't UTA will have no problem finding them another network since that is what they were hired for in the first place. So with that said I see that 2015 will come and they'll still likely be here.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Only reason them buildings ain't crush was because of hogan in 2011
  • Broddie
    Only reason them buildings ain't crush was because of hogan in 2011

Yet the most money they made and the most ppv buys they received were when Hogan wasn't even there. The real reasons this company is still around

1) They bring Spike an average of one million viewers every single week
    2) Bob Carter's pockets

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Whenever Vince feels like it
  • Broddie

Vince McMahon will never buy TNA. It's not even on his radar.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't get a new deal with Spike it's over. That said I think their average audience is over a million so they will still be around a little while longer at least.

Without TV they don't have funds to do anything and they have a hard enough time while still being on TV.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Broddie wrote: »

Vince McMahon will never buy TNA. It's not even on his radar.

I disagree Vince might dislike/not care about Tna but just the fact he owns most of the promotions that have gone up against him in the past i dont see him no saying ? it any buying out their weak library