Would A Pass Be Given If Players Blackballed A Player Like They Did Isaiah Thomas Today?

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    People would be in more danger of being defriended off of social media than this

Cosigned den a muthafucka

These players today chummy off the court, back then they spit that real.

Players always been friends off the court. Magic and Isaiah and Mark Aguire used to train together in the off season. This ? ain't new it's just documented on social media now
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Zeke's brother die of AIDS? I wonder if the family wrote him off as a "filthy gæ before then and disassociated.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Didn't Zeke's brother die of AIDS? I wonder if the family wrote him off as a "filthy gæ before then and disassociated.

Heroin needle
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah smh...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? can't forget John Paxson. Basically a glorified scrub. But let him play w/MJ and hit a clutch jump shot or two and now he practically running the Bulls.

? Paxson paid his dues. He started at the bottom as a scout. Then radio commentator. The became GM after Krause was put to pasture. The guy who had a true gripe and still holds a grudge is BJ Armstrong who was in the front office learning the game from Krause. He was Passover for Paxson. Coincidently he is D.Rose agent.

That gotta be fun when trying to deal wit rose
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? can't forget John Paxson. Basically a glorified scrub. But let him play w/MJ and hit a clutch jump shot or two and now he practically running the Bulls.

? Paxson paid his dues. He started at the bottom as a scout. Then radio commentator. The became GM after Krause was put to pasture. The guy who had a true gripe and still holds a grudge is BJ Armstrong who was in the front office learning the game from Krause. He was Passover for Paxson. Coincidently he is D.Rose agent.

Yeah, BJ didn't even show up for the 20th Anniversary for the 91 championshop
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Zeek wasn't blackballed by the team it was fairly simple. Jordan gave an ultimatum he told the selection committee if you want him to play then Thomas can not be on the team. Magic or any of the others players had nothing to do with it. It came down to a choice do you want the star and face of the league on your team or Isiah.

That's not true. I'm not saying MJ isn't a big enough ? to do that, but I've never actually heard anyone reputable say that's what happened. All account of people that were there say it came down to a vote, and Jordan was just the loudest person against Thomas but definitely not the only one.

The Pistons made a name for themselves by basically rubbing everyone the wrong way. Honestly, you can't do that ? , and then turn around and complain because nobody wants to put you on the Dream Team which essentially just turned into the Super Buddy Squad.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was implicated on the documentary. MJ was not going to play with Isaiah.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought bird didn't like isaiah either
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was always disappointed Daly didn't ride with Isaiah on that. So what if Jordan didn't play, not like they wouldn't have won without him
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isiah may not have deserved it over Magic or Stockton, both who were playin great ball. But if you look at it the player he shoulda replaced was Bird, who was totally unnecessary and couldn't even play no more. Only reason he got in basically was white privilege (fans, coaches boosted him throughout his career) and his past success.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

Pippen entitled to his opinion, but he's always came off to me as a lame. He got plenty to say now that those "migraines" cleared up...hahaha.

I respect Drexler's comments, they were reasonable.

It's a thin line between personal and professional. They didn't like Isaiah's personality, but they should've respected him as a competitor. You don't take another man's opportunity away from him because he got you in your feelings..that's weak.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isiah may not have deserved it over Magic or Stockton, both who were playin great ball. But if you look at it the player he shoulda replaced was Bird, who was totally unnecessary and couldn't even play no more. Only reason he got in basically was white privilege (fans, coaches boosted him throughout his career) and his past success.

Yeah Bird was at the end of his career at the time, but fans and coaches did'nt need to boost him, his game spoke for itself
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    It's interesting players seem split. Dominique, Magic, dr. j all say he was the truth but I feel like Rodman and Isiah were onto something ... If he were black would he be on that mt. Rushmore with Mike?Not hatin on him tho cuz he gave buckets to anyone that ever guarded him and he avg 10 rebounds for his career despite no athleticism.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    ^didnt watch ball in the 70s and 80s so I don't remember Isiah or Bird in they heyday
  • MD_PROPER
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It's interesting players seem split. Dominique, Magic, dr. j all say he was the truth but I feel like Rodman and Isiah were onto something ... If he were black would he be on that mt. Rushmore with Mike?Not hatin on him tho cuz he gave buckets to anyone that ever guarded him and he avg 10 rebounds for his career despite no athleticism.

IMO, I don't think Isiah really agreed with Rodman, but he was just backing his teammate. Bird was GOAT tho, can't take that away from him.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don_Proper wrote: »

Pippen entitled to his opinion, but he's always came off to me as a lame. He got plenty to say now that those "migraines" cleared up...hahaha.

It's a thin line between personal and professional. They didn't like Isaiah's personality, but they should've respected him as a competitor. You don't take another man's opportunity away from him because he got you in your feelings..that's weak.

I disagree. I don't even think Clyde really supports what you're saying. He said from a talent standpoint, Isaiah deserved to be on the team. But he also acknowledged that for them the Dream Team was about a bunch of guys hanging out and having fun together. If this man has real beef with a few members on the team, of course people will think twice about putting him on. Nobody took his opportunity away from him. He did that to himself. You can't build up this "Bad Boy" image, push it constantly, and then cry when people treat you like bad boys are treated. You have to take the bad with the good.
  • MD_PROPER
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Don_Proper wrote: »

I disagree. I don't even think Clyde really supports what you're saying. He said from a talent standpoint, Isaiah deserved to be on the team. But he also acknowledged that for them the Dream Team was about a bunch of guys hanging out and having fun together. If this man has real beef with a few members on the team, of course people will think twice about putting him on. Nobody took his opportunity away from him. He did that to himself. You can't build up this "Bad Boy" image, push it constantly, and then cry when people treat you like bad boys are treated. You have to take the bad with the good.

All personal opinion bruh. I didn't base my comments off anything Drexler said.
    I respected Drexler's comments because he sounded unbiased. Whereas Pippen, made it sound more like personal issues with Isaiah.

I agree with this point tho, "You can't build up this "Bad Boy" image, push it constantly, and then cry when people treat you like bad boys are treated. You have to take the bad with the good."
  • fightforolddc
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Clyde throwin shots at Magic, Magic thowin shots back at em! "The difference between Clyde and I is I figure out a way to win!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOe8RhsQ4ww
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    It's funny too. Cause to be honest i think most people are just like, "Yeah he was nice but he couldn't bang w/ the legends."
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Magic I can agree with but Stockton.....stop it......

http://youtu.be/CSxmr0YywM0
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 straight finals appearances.

Yea, he deserved it over Stockton.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Malone got mad at hur zeke wit dat tony jaa elbow...after he gave Stockton dat work lol