Anyone here ever suffered from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
At present it is something I have going on in my right wrist. The thing that really ? it, was yesterday at work, picked up a drill, was placing a screw through wood and as I turned my wrist with the drill in hand, it was the highest rating of pain I've felt thus far! It is now to the point where closing my hand to a fist say I feel it ache alot in the wrost area and back up forearm a little. I'm 33 and thinking is this going to be an ongoing strong aching from here on in

Anyone had it? Does it improve ever without the surgeries that are not 100% anyway.. sadly my work entails me doing alot of repetitive motions and I really don't see how it'll get any rest for starters unless I try do alot of my work left handed maybe....

Comments

• MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never experienced Carpal Tunnel, but know a couple of people with it. At their work (mostly typing throughout the day), they normally wear a brace, but it seems like something they've been dealing with for a while. From what they've told me, the pain comes and goes, but never really goes away.

Best of luck...
  • KLICHE
    Don_Proper wrote: »
    Never experienced Carpal Tunnel, but know a couple of people with it. At their work (mostly typing throughout the day), they normally wear a brace, but it seems like something they've been dealing with for a while. From what they've told me, the pain comes and goes, but never really goes away.

Best of luck...

Thanks Bruh! Yeah got some guys at work who are 58 and still got it bothering them. Just hoping it doesn't develop any worse cause then I know I'm going to have alot of problems doing basic activities.

Been reading about it online, next move I'll go see a Doc in the week ahead.
  • KLICHE
    lol Readiing more and more on it, there are articles on Marijuana use being one of the "best" ways to counter the pain and get chores done.. I don't smoke by the way.. but hey I'll delve more into it.. I may just one day give a go and see.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you may be on to something.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I don't have it but smoke some weed man, it may help based on some stuff I've heard in the past. Sorry you're going through this, just be prepared to maybe find another line of work down the line
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do IT so i was starting to get it when i would type excessively. I got an ergonomic keyboard and mouse. Maybe you should try to learn to work with your other hand and give your main hand a rest. You may need medication to help you along.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but pushing this mouse around all day and coming home to game can periodically make a dudes right index finger ache a bit.

:(

• KLICHE
    I don't have it but smoke some weed man, it may help based on some stuff I've heard in the past. Sorry you're going through this, just be prepared to maybe find another line of work down the line

I think you're right, I don't think my body seems to enjoy working outdoors with telecommunications all over the place, mentally I love my line of work. ANd my right wrist has been injured twice with other things a decade or so back. Once broke it playing basketball, then fell and had glass jam in my palm and severed 3 tendons going to my pinky finger and the next 2. Got pretty much all the mobility back after physio for 6months at the time, but geez that whole region has copped it's fair share of injury already.
  • kingblaze84
    KLICHE wrote: »

I think you're right, I don't think my body seems to enjoy working outdoors with telecommunications all over the place, mentally I love my line of work. ANd my right wrist has been injured twice with other things a decade or so back. Once broke it playing basketball, then fell and had glass jam in my palm and severed 3 tendons going to my pinky finger and the next 2. Got pretty much all the mobility back after physio for 6months at the time, but geez that whole region has copped it's fair share of injury already.

Damn that's alot of ? your hand and wrisr has gone through, so it may be a little weakened. Times like this I'm sure you wish you were ambidextrous but yeah that line of work is brutal, I know an electrician whose had arm issues himself. Like I told him, if you can't find or train for another line of work, be prepared to work with pain for awhile. It sucks but weed has definitely helped him. He even smokes before work some days, not sure if you wanna risk being high working with electricity though lol
  • KLICHE

Damn that's alot of ? your hand and wrisr has gone through, so it may be a little weakened. Times like this I'm sure you wish you were ambidextrous but yeah that line of work is brutal, I know an electrician whose had arm issues himself. Like I told him, if you can't find or train for another line of work, be prepared to work with pain for awhile. It sucks but weed has definitely helped him. He even smokes before work some days, not sure if you wanna risk being high working with electricity though lol

LOL Yeah I couldn't see myself functioning right from weed at work ! I tried it many years back now lol and I was almost paralyzed from a few puffs LMAO and sat there in space. So no way I could work I'd be on the side of the road in the truck like a zombie!

Yeah the hand and wrist has been ? from all angles lol Till I show people the long ass scar running down the whole palm past my wrist they usually go "holy ? !" and amazed I can still use it properly lol

Your right man, at age 33, I don't know if this will suit me liek into my 50's and all, but great job and benefits, just not qualified in any other areas

• kingblaze84
    edited April 2014

LOL Yeah I couldn't see myself functioning right from weed at work ! I tried it many years back now lol and I was almost paralyzed from a few puffs LMAO and sat there in space. So no way I could work I'd be on the side of the road in the truck like a zombie!

Yeah the hand and wrist has been ? from all angles lol Till I show people the long ass scar running down the whole palm past my wrist they usually go "holy ? !" and amazed I can still use it properly lol

Your right man, at age 33, I don't know if this will suit me liek into my 50's and all, but great job and benefits, just not qualified in any other areas

LOL crazy ? ....sucks that your job is pretty good too and pays well, but if weed won't help you, maybe acupuncture can? IDK, bad stuff but if you're lucky, maybe the pain can be bearable at a minimum somehow. Good luck bro