Homeboy Sandman: "Black People Are Cowards."

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, somebody tell me what this guy race is.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    edited April 2014
    2nd of all, no black people allowed solves NOTHING.

Sounds like he wants the world to be a better place, where was black people when he made the choices to be a rapper? Did they support him? If he didn't mention us at the lowest in his lifetime he damn sure don't need to be mentioning us now.

Anybody can point a finger at a problem but only a few actually step up to work on a solution.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    He's trying too hard.

He may be but you can't deny the underlying truth in the article.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    ? I never heard of this guy before this, maybe him talking ? about black people is his only claim to fame.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's right.They validated what Sterling said about how he takes care of them.As expected though.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are black people so quick tear down the next black man in the media all the time when racism is brought up ? makes you look petty.
  • VulcanRaven
    BoldChild wrote: »
    BoldChild wrote: »
    It's real easy for someone to say what they would do, when they're not in the situation themselves.

Doesnt change the obligation bruh so that point is mute.Its real easy to say what someone else would do who are not in that situation as well.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sterling speech seems disturbingly close to what many in the Black community would consider a slave-master mentality. It is as if, to him, the NBA players are not employees of the teams they play for — they are more like slaves on a plantation.

Sterling: ”I support them and give them food, and clothes, and cars, and houses. Who gives it to them? Does someone else give it to them? Do I know that I have— who makes the game? Do I make the game, or do they make the game? Is there 30 owners, that created the league?”

plantation-600x427.jpg

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/04/28/8-racist-insights-decoded-comments-la-clippers-owner-donald-sterling/2/

Them ? should be looking at their pantry's sideways...............

• VulcanRaven
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Why are black people so quick tear down the next black man in the media all the time when racism is brought up ? makes you look petty.

People who who are in a position to take action (athletes) but fail to do so deserve to be criticized.Thus owner put them in that situatiin and they ? up.Why is it hard to comprehend that?This was their battle though they did not want it and they threw in the towel.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    That's a damn shame.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I gave up on nigguhs a long time ago. If I don't ? w/ something....I don't ? w/ it. Plain and simple. It's like nigguhs who complain about what they play on the radio...but then they still listen to the radio?.? Muffugguhs don't stand up for ? they believe in...smh.
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Replace Black People with African-Americans & I might cosign some of his BS..

I think that is a fair request.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Is he wrong?
    And in this nation thou shall find no peace.
    For the Lord will give thee a fearful heart, and languishing eyes, and a soul consumed with pensiveness

GOAT

http://youtu.be/2imuf0RTDjM
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick to your day job, Sandman.

Intellectualism isn't your strong point when discussing racial issues, especially when you deliberately ignore white supremacy and shift to blaming the victims of it.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good read

I don't get our kind sometimes....smh..
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    So what was the point of this article, really?

All he's essentially saying is that Black people ain't ? .

It's basically anti-Black ? masquerading as "constructive observation".
  • Knock_Twice
    I didn't get the black ppl aint ? , I got that black ppl don't stand for things that affect them,

We accept alot of B.S. and don't take a stand for the ? that we should be taking a stand for...pretty much we are programmed to accept ? ...
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    edited April 2014
    ? . Black people have always took a stand against oppression.

Read up on slave insurrections in North America and South America. What about the Haitian Revolution in which Black folks rose up against the French slave owners? What about the Civil Rights Movement? What about Black Communists in the 1920s and 1930s? What about the Black Panthers, the Move Organization, the Nation of Islam? Or numerous community organizations in the hood that protest racist and unfair practices concerning police brutality or education? How can this ? lie with good conscience and say that Black folks don't take a stand for ? when we have Malcolm, Frederick Douglass, Angela, Bobby, Huey, Kathleen Cleaver, Harriet Tubman, Paul Robeson and Nat Turner?

Like I said, this dude is completely wrong. His basic premise is "Black people ain't ? ." If he'd read his history, he'd know better than to make ridiculous statements like this and getting people to think he's correct.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    I didn't get the black ppl aint ? , I got that black ppl don't stand for things that affect them,

We accept alot of B.S. and don't take a stand for the ? that we should be taking a stand for...pretty much we are programmed to accept ? ...

black people deserve all of the hate an malice we recieve though...and our broken and accepting spirits prove this...

Im probably one of the more pro black posters on here, and im sure I'll get a slew of negative reactions for this post, but we did this to ourselves. Now, this doesn't excuse the actions of the other nations, and th fact they so openly display their prejudices and actively participate in our opression will come back to haunt them. But we have to look t history and use it to determine how we got in this predicament.

we have to examine history, come to an agreement as to how we got here, what caused it, and.make sure we avoid those actions that gave birth to all this madness.

Im just as mad at the situation as the next man, and have made other posts in thi thread that express my outrage, but im all about personal accountability. If its been said before bruh is a racist, why hasn't it been brought to he forefront before now? Why are players, coaches, and fans willing to support this franchise with a racist owner? Oh, that right, money is involved smh...

Its due time to wake up from your sleep O Israel.....
  • Knock_Twice
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    ? . Black people have always took a stand against oppression.

Read up on slave insurrections in North America and South America. What about the Haitian Revolution in which Black folks rose up against the French slave owners? What about the Civil Rights Movement? What about Black Communists in the 1920s and 1930s? What about the Black Panthers, the Move Organization, the Nation of Islam? Or numerous community organizations in the hood that protest racist and unfair practices concerning police brutality or education? How can this ? say that Black folks don't take a stand for ? when we have Malcolm, Angela, Bobby, Huey, Kathleen Cleaver, Harriet Tubman, Paul Robeson and Nat Turner?

Like I said, this dude is completely wrong. His basic premise is "Black people ain't ? ." If he'd read his history, he'd know better than to make ridiculous statements like this and getting people to think he's correct.

my mistake, I think he's talking about the new age black generation...those times you named he's not talking about those ppl and he made mention to how they died for what they were standing for, I think he's more so talking about the generation of today. How we are quick to accept things that are thrown at us
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    KingSimba wrote: »

black people deserve all of the hate an malice we recieve though...and our broken and accepting spirits prove this...

Im probably one of the more pro black posters on here, and im sure I'll get a slew of negative reactions for this post, but we did this to ourselves. Now, this doesn't excuse the actions of the other nations, and th fact they so openly display their prejudices and actively participate in our opression will come back to haunt them. But we have to look t history and use it to determine how we got in this predicament.

we have to examine history, come to an agreement as to how we got here, what caused it, and.make sure we avoid those actions that gave birth to all this madness.

Im just as mad at the situation as the next man, and have made other posts in thi thread that express my outrage, but im all about personal accountability. If its been said before bruh is a racist, why hasn't it been brought to he forefront before now? Why are players, coaches, and fans willing to support this franchise with a racist owner? Oh, that right, money is involved smh...

This post is absolutely ridiculous.

You're not pro-Black. If you were, you wouldn't be saying that we deserve to bear the brunt of racist violence and white supremacy.

Our people have been resisting since we were brought to this country in chains.

I'm tired of y'all with your self-hate acting like you love ? , but you don't.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    He's trying too hard.

My thoughts exactly. This is just a stupid reactionary piece. He makes some good points, but all those points are grossly overshadowed by his cartoonishly exaggerated assessment of everything. Like this dude really expected all professional athletes to stop working until Zimmerman is convicted. What sense does that make?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »

This post is absolutely ridiculous.

You're not pro-Black. If you were, you wouldn't be saying that we deserve to bear the brunt of racist violence and white supremacy.

Our people have been resisting since we were brought to this country in chains.

I'm tired of y'all with your self-hate acting like you love ? , but you don't.

answer this question.

If a child is disobedient, and is punished. that same child was told before hand what the punishment for disobedience would be. While pondering what happened, that child realizes that they were wrong and the thier punishment was caused by thier own actions. They then acknowledge tat they deserved it.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

Stop regurgitating rhetoric without thinking man....
  • Knock_Twice
    edited April 2014

Lol..I understand your stance folk

It's sad and the fact ppl (our ppl) accept so much stuff and don't understand that we control alot of what's goind on today..smh..I saw LB tweet and was like, that's it...lol...like 2 months down the line, how much weight will that tweet hold, as too if he would have said, I aint going out there for Game 3 tonight would have weighed..it's sad man and they don't even understand the control they have..We as a ppl don't understand....I just look and smh...I know Malcolm X would have said a few things if this took place back in his day...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014