Homeboy Sandman: "Black People Are Cowards."

Comments

• Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    I didn't get the black ppl aint ? , I got that black ppl don't stand for things that affect them,

We accept alot of B.S. and don't take a stand for the ? that we should be taking a stand for...pretty much we are programmed to accept ? ...

black people deserve all of the hate an malice we recieve though...and our broken and accepting spirits prove this...

Im probably one of the more pro black posters on here, and im sure I'll get a slew of negative reactions for this post, but we did this to ourselves. Now, this doesn't excuse the actions of the other nations, and th fact they so openly display their prejudices and actively participate in our opression will come back to haunt them. But we have to look t history and use it to determine how we got in this predicament.

we have to examine history, come to an agreement as to how we got here, what caused it, and.make sure we avoid those actions that gave birth to all this madness.

Im just as mad at the situation as the next man, and have made other posts in thi thread that express my outrage, but im all about personal accountability. If its been said before bruh is a racist, why hasn't it been brought to he forefront before now? Why are players, coaches, and fans willing to support this franchise with a racist owner? Oh, that right, money is involved smh...

Its due time to wake up from your sleep O Israel.....

This post is absolutely ridiculous.

You're not pro-Black. If you were, you wouldn't be saying that we deserve to bear the brunt of racist violence and white supremacy.

Our people have been resisting since we were brought to this country in chains.

I'm tired of y'all with your self-hate acting like you love ? , but you don't.

answer this question.

If a child is disobedient, and is punished. that same child was told before hand what the punishment for disobedience would be. While pondering what happened, that child realizes that they were wrong and the thier punishment was caused by thier own actions. They then acknowledge tat they deserved it.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

Stop regurgitating rhetoric without thinking man....

It's funny that you tell me to think, when it's clear that you're not doing that.

Basically, what you're saying is that Black people deserve violence inflicted on them and deserve the pain of racism.

You're justifying our oppression.

And THAT, my brother, is self-hate.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get the black ppl aint ? , I got that black ppl don't stand for things that affect them,

We accept alot of B.S. and don't take a stand for the ? that we should be taking a stand for...pretty much we are programmed to accept ? ...

black people deserve all of the hate an malice we recieve though...and our broken and accepting spirits prove this...

Im probably one of the more pro black posters on here, and im sure I'll get a slew of negative reactions for this post, but we did this to ourselves. Now, this doesn't excuse the actions of the other nations, and th fact they so openly display their prejudices and actively participate in our opression will come back to haunt them. But we have to look t history and use it to determine how we got in this predicament.

we have to examine history, come to an agreement as to how we got here, what caused it, and.make sure we avoid those actions that gave birth to all this madness.

Im just as mad at the situation as the next man, and have made other posts in thi thread that express my outrage, but im all about personal accountability. If its been said before bruh is a racist, why hasn't it been brought to he forefront before now? Why are players, coaches, and fans willing to support this franchise with a racist owner? Oh, that right, money is involved smh...

Lol..I understand your stance folk

It's sad and the fact ppl (our ppl) accept so much stuff and don't understand that we control alot of what's goind on today..smh..I saw LB tweet and was like, that's it...lol...like 2 months down the line, how much weight will that tweet hold, as too if he would have said, I aint going out there for Game 3 tonight would have weighed..it's sad man and they don't even understand the control they have..We as a ppl don't understand....I just look and smh...I know Malcolm X would have said a few things if this took place back in his day...

you feel me?

Like I said before, these guys are only famous because they have world class athletic ability. Other than that, many are just lik black men we see everyday. Do if you dont expect ur neighbor to fight for whats right, dont expect them to either.

Everyone aint built to leaf and everyone aint built to go against the grain. Thats why this wack society itls the way it id now and all of our real leaders with a real voice was silenced or bought off.....
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 "what about Mlk"... when he is clearly talking about modern times...
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizzle. wrote: »
    ? I never heard of this guy before this, maybe him talking ? about black people is his only claim to fame.

He's Dominican

and he wrote this article last year:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/500948/jailhouse-roc-the-facts-about-hip-hop-and-prison-for-profit/p1
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im going to say that the new millennium black people are cowards. My father is 52 and when he was growing up in chicago he said a white person couldnt step foot on the west or south side. Now a days white people walk through the hoods like angels. But if a black person they dont know walk through he bond to get shot. Black people are killing each other at alarming rates but still let white people belittle em everyday and still walk around with a smile on their faces. People like Donald Sterling is what motivates and fuel the fire in my stomach to be my own boss man. Until black people start OWNING ? they wont fear US.

Ever since the tragic trayvon martin issue i made a vow to myself and ? to never be physical or violent to my black people, to handle all hostile situations at the lowest level. Yall should do the same.
  • Arya Tsaddiq

You're not pro-Black. If you were, you wouldn't be saying that we deserve to bear the brunt of racist violence and white supremacy.

answer this question.

If a child is disobedient, and is punished. that same child was told before hand what the punishment for disobedience would be. While pondering what happened, that child realizes that they were wrong and the thier punishment was caused by thier own actions. They then acknowledge tat they deserved it.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

It's funny that you tell me to think, when it's clear that you're not doing that.

Basically, what you're saying is that Black people deserve violence inflicted on them and deserve the pain of racism.

1. You didnt answer the question. And actually, thats exactly what im doing. Did I ever say "accept the I'll will and hate that we receive because we deserve it." ?

No.

2. I said we deserve it because of the past. That doesn't mean let it continue. He racism and violence inflicted on us blacks didnt stem from anywhere. Im saying lets identify what caused it, and put an end to it. But not taking accountability I'd jot helping the cause. And without bring able to identify what we did to help get in this situation, we are doomed repeat the mistake.

NO on likes opressuon, myself included. But im done playing th vicim. We know racism exists. Its apparent. Call them out on it, take action to make it stop and keep moving forward. But dont say im expressing self hate becauro refuse to place all the blame in others lol...nah sis....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude thinks he is better than most black people because he makes "real" hip-hop and went to prep school and ivy league schools

foh b

Dude said he cs white people think they're better than us
  • Cunt_Lyfe

answer this question.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

1. You didnt answer the question. And actually, thats exactly what im doing. Did I ever say "accept the I'll will and hate that we receive because we deserve it." ?

No.

2. I said we deserve it because of the past. That doesn't mean let it continue. He racism and violence inflicted on us blacks didnt stem from anywhere. Im saying lets identify what caused it, and put an end to it. But not taking accountability I'd jot helping the cause. And without bring able to identify what we did to help get in this situation, we are doomed repeat the mistake.

NO on likes opressuon, myself included. But im done playing th vicim. We know racism exists. Its apparent. Call them out on it, take action to make it stop and keep moving forward. But dont say im expressing self hate becauro refuse to place all the blame in others lol...nah sis....

Yes, I answered your question.

And a huge eye roll to the rest of this ? .

It's annoying in these conversations how Black people think that other Black people are doing absolutely nothing but sitting on their hands and taking ? lying down.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Arya Tsaddiq

answer this question.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

No.

It's annoying in these conversations how Black people think that other Black people are doing absolutely nothing but sitting on their hands and taking ? lying down.

is a child accepting punishment as a consequence of their previous actions self hate?

Yes or no?
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

answer this question.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

No.

What are black ppl doing in these situations?? let's take just one...the clippers one, what did Blake Griffin do..or better yet Doc Rivers (who lived in the time when the ? was just as bad as it is now)..what has Lebron done..or better yet, Obama?? I'll start with the ppl that have these platforms to do something, then I'll work down to us little ppl
  • Cunt_Lyfe

answer this question.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

No.

is a child accepting punishment as a consequence of their previous actions self hate?

Yes or no?

Why do you keep using an analogy that doesn't adequately apply to this topic?
  • Cunt_Lyfe

answer this question.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

No.

What are black ppl doing in these situations?? let's take just one...the clippers one, what did Blake Griffin do..or better yet Doc Rivers (who lived in the time when the ? was just as bad as it is now)..what has Lebron done..or better yet, Obama?? I'll start with the ppl that have these platforms to do something, then I'll work down to us little ppl

I don't focus on ? athletes are doing to make my case. There are Black people who are doing things all the time, as I have said: protesting against police brutality, racial profiling, unfair education practices.
  • Arya Tsaddiq

answer this question.

Is that self hate?

Yes or no?

No.

Yes or no?

Why do you keep using an analogy that doesn't adequately apply to this topic?

thats based on your opinion. I think it definitely applies.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what was the point of this article, really?

All he's essentially saying is that Black people ain't ? .

It's basically anti-Black ? masquerading as "constructive observation".

I just have one question. Is he lying?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I pressed ether on the op cuz everybody else did, I didn't even read it

Now that I'm reading it, this ? lame and his aim is off
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The American ? Male is a sit down and ? , timid, cowardly shameful effeminate, no backbone, disgraceful human being.

IT'S time for the last of a dying breed of black man, the lions, warriors, kings to stand up and take our rightful position of being Leaders, Protectors, warriors, father's, teacher's and lead the way
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    edited April 2014
    Here's an excellent counter-piece to that ? ? a faux revolutionary ? on Gawker wrote.

"There is nothing more irresponsible or inflammatory than placing the burden of remedying the racism and structural inequality on which the United States was built squarely at the feet of the marginalized.

Your lectures will not save us."

http://www.forharriet.com/2014/04/whos-coward-flawed-logic-of-faux.html?m=1
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's right. I would've refused to play. Easy as that. But as I say that as a fan and not a player.

And this guy needs to learn that talking down to people to get them to do something doesnt work. If it did, every black and hispanic person would vote Republican
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

My brother, who knows his cloth, I gladly stand in brotherhood with you
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    waterproof wrote: »

My brother, who knows his cloth, I gladly stand in brotherhood with you

Todah ahk. Qam yasharahla!
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, his polemic contained some salient points and a few truisms that are pretty obvious in this day & age, but his use of yellow journalism and motif of "black people are cowards" made his opinion venture from constructive to impolitic.

Victim blaming, invoking respectability politics and foolishly interjecting the social theory culture of poverty in place of the cycle of poverty at times, made the article not sit right with me. This is hardly a beacon of intellectualism and is counterproductive of his noble underlying message: We need to stop attacking and making life difficult for other blacks and instead uplift one another.

Admittedly, his idealistic vision is perfect in theory, but it isn't practical in the real world because it doesn't take into account for nor acknowledge systemic racism, and the fact that the cycle of poverty and obscurantism that plagues our people today is a direct result of that. We can't just instantly reverse that with "heroism", "valor" or "bravery" like in some movie or novel. There are power dynamics at play here in the real world.

His final two paragraphs really said everything that needed to be said, but I have a feeling that the sensationalism of the rest of the piece and the statements like "blacks are cowards" and "In all the history I’ve ever studied, in all the fiction I’ve ever read, I am hard pressed to find an example of cowardice to rival the modern day black American" were just added in there to cause a stir and make it a digestible read for non-blacks. Which is completely unnecessary and pandering for the sake of hits/attention.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like he was lying. He could've been a little bit more tactful and choose his words better IMO. This way I think he has offended alot of blacks who'll internalize this instead of seeing the bigger picture and facing the facts.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's right. I would've refused to play. Easy as that. But as I say that as a fan and not a player.

And this guy needs to learn that talking down to people to get them to do something doesnt work. If it did, every black and hispanic person would vote Republican
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not saying he should water himself down, but he could've said the same thing but worded it in a way where people would take less offense IMO.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

wtf is he talkin about? That dude got banned from the NBA for life, 2.5 mil fine, theyre going to try to force him out...The players would have been idiots to let that clown keep them from doing their jobs. Shock statement for attention.