Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And while i trust Bomani and other scholarly figures to represent us well, its not lost on me that this story has been goin 72 hours non stop (as it should), and theres only but so many ways u can say 'this is wrong and something needs to be done'

But thats really the right answer!

But if its your JOB to stand out, Im keenly aware that stories will come out with people, see Bomani, tryin to be 'on some other ? '.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    state farm cut ties with the cilppers.. smh no more chris/cliff paul commercials... which makes me wonder did those commercials really make people say "hey chris and cliff make me wanna be insured by state farm"

its more public relations for state farm than the effectiveness of the commercial.

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    You guys think Silver will make the players free agents? I think that will be the most effective move, if owners can't come up with 75% bylaw vote.

Lol. ? no. Ain't gonna happen. That's pretty much the same as folding the team. He's either gonna try to get the votes to force him to sell of hit him with a year long suspension and fine him a million.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons · 1h
    1. Hearing Adam Silver is dropping the nukes on Donald Sterling today. Everything short of a big mushroom cloud shaped like the NBA logo.

2. Only problem - Sterling loves courtrooms, he has no shame, he's not self-aware, he's comically stubborn + he might just decide to fight.

3. Stealth asset NBA has going for it: Sponsors dropping out + local TV deal going away + players/coaches/fans vowing to leave or stay away.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    video-189212.jpg

The gf with Bishopn Don Juan

I almost forgot this angle, and i been thinkin it from junp:

That chick is a man
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1of1 wrote: »
    I've been an NBA fan since I was a kid in the early 90's and I never knew about Sterling's history. IDK why ppl keep putting the idea out there that any fan of the NBA was well aware of Sterling's history. I watch the game. I typically don't know anything about the owners other than their first and last names.

Same here. Only owner I know about is Cuban and that's because he inserts himself into the games.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad part about this, is dude isn't the only one Lol..he just got caught/outted,

whether it's the NBA, NFL, IBM, Burger King, I just don't think he's the only one that feels that way about black ppl...that's why I'm upset that them dudes didn't take a stance on this,..cuz believe me it's more Sterlings that's out here and feel like he feels
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never knew about Sterling's past. Turns out Chris Paul didn't either.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad part about this, is dude isn't the only one Lol..he just got caught/outted,

whether it's the NBA, NFL, IBM, Burger King, I just don't think he's the only one that feels that way about black ppl...that's why I'm upset that them dudes didn't take a stance on this,..cuz believe me it's more Sterlings that's out here and feel like he feels

I'm using this quote for a thread premise...

thanks!
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    detcatinva wrote: »
    1. Hearing Adam Silver is dropping the nukes on Donald Sterling today. Everything of a big mushroom cloud shaped like the NBA logo.

2. Only problem - Sterling loves courtrooms, he has no shame, he's not self-aware, he's comically stubborn + he might just decide to fight.

3. Stealth asset NBA has going for it: Sponsors dropping out + local TV deal going away + players/coaches/fans vowing to leave or stay away.

We will see.
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    I never knew about Sterling's past. Turns out Chris Paul didn't either.

Let these dumb ? tell it...everybody and their mama knew except the IC asking dumb questions like why is it an uproar now smdh
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    And while i trust Bomani and other scholarly figures to represent us well, its not lost on me that this story has been goin 72 hours non stop (as it should), and theres only but so many ways u can say 'this is wrong and something needs to be done'

But thats really the right answer!

But if its your JOB to stand out, Im keenly aware that stories will come out with people, see Bomani, tryin to be 'on some other ? '.

I think Bomani audio is very important because you have people who empathize on the level of oh.. donald sterling a racist ? ..or whatever you want to describe him as

Oh he wronged black people

But really absent of the understanding of what he did prior to this moment

He put that ? in a 3d perspective

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been an NBA fan since I was a kid in the early 90's and I never knew about Sterling's history. IDK why ppl keep putting the idea out there that any fan of the NBA was well aware of Sterling's history. I watch the game. I typically don't know anything about the owners other than their first and last names.

Its been in the media for years

Baron Davis and Elgin Baylor was shouting it from the rooftop when they escaped
  • mryounggun
    Copper wrote: »

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watch a lot of sports news. I'm definitely surprised that this particular history is something that never reached me for whatever reason.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has I remember it but it didnt dwell in the consciousness of the public..because of the media glossing over it I can see how people missed it but thats not important. Everyone knows now we go from there
  • mryounggun
    I remember the Elgin Baylor ? as well. But ? , that ? Baron Davis pretty much did everything but put up a billboard in LA saying the ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Until recently, most people didn't give a ? about the Clippers as an organization.

2) You can avidly watch the games and not inundate you in all the extracurricular stuff associated with sports.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    Pics of his girl

20111014-024611.jpg

20 goats for this pic huh?

These the kinda chicks yall dudes attracted to?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the take away from Bomani is that we should expand the discussion to include the actual harm that Don and ppl like him are doing... not "lets point fingers at everyone who ignored it until now"...
    link his racist ideology to his actual behavior, duh...
    but y'all go ahead and question the attention its getting now instead of using it to shed light on other misdeeds...

The problem with that is if you don't point out the wrongness and hypocrisy, it won't change. It's fine to use this incident to spark a movement against Sterling. But it's also worthwhile that we point out that it shouldn't have taken this long. And it's fair to point out that we should spend more time fighting racist actions than getting mad and trying to punish racists for being who they are.
    zombie wrote: »

Once your private becomes public then all bets are off and anyone who stands as an enemy to black people should be made to suffer in some way I don't care about being fair, if you don't uses his private actions as a grounds for his removal from the nba then on what basis should he be punished???

This is a perfect example of the points I've made. The dude has been caught doing real racist ? , not simply thinking racist thoughts. That's really all you need to remove him from the NBA. They have people who have already come out and said that he paid blacks poorly because of their race. They have people who have already come out and said that he antagonizes and harasses black employees. He's already caught heat for racist practices in his other businesses. This whole fiasco with his private conversation can be what sparks the NBA to take action against him, but ultimately it's all those racist acts that should be used to take him down not his racist ranting on a private phone call.

And let's get something straight. I'm not saying that you as a a Black man and proponent of the Black community are wrong for wanting his head over his comments. I'm just saying that people should stop attacking other people because they believe that you need to go about this in a legal and fair manner. Once again, you can believe that Sterling needs to be done away with and also believe that a person's private thoughts and words are off limits for legislation.

I don't think that a persons's private thoughts once made public should be off limits for legislation if that persons is in a position of power and is blatanly anti-black. Actions while important can still be misconstrued and twisted by the media but private thoughts show who you are on a deeper level.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Until recently, most people didn't give a ? about the Clippers as an organization.

2) You can avidly watch the games and not inundate you in all the extracurricular stuff associated with sports.

1) sports fans known about the clippers for years...a lot of stars passed thru their

2)he settled the biggest owner/tenant lawsuits in US history some years back....all over the news/internet
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he sell the team shid I might buy it & sign my IC trill scholars to the team & organization
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watch a lot of sports news. I'm definitely surprised that this particular history is something that never reached me for whatever reason.

I was familiar with a lot of it but none of it came from tv. All internet or magazine. It's not something anyone would ever talk about during broadcasts or sportscenter
This discussion has been closed.