Homeboy Sandman: "Black People Are Cowards."

124»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, i'll pass

I'll pass on the black social commentary from Angel del Villar

I'll pass on the Tyler Perry and Reality tv cliches

I'll pass on the 'oh ? , if u really think about it, he's right' reaction to an inflammatory title

And the reactions are like this is 'ether" smh See this is that Pharell 'new black' ? lol I recently realized that half of you commenting are probably not even black. This thread is proof of that. Ima start tightenin my criteria. Ima need both parents' blood test before i even believe mfers b/c these 1 foot in, 1 foot out mfers are violatin. Inb4 afro domican, the original slaves, etc. ? that, Yall mfers aint black. Cant be.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homie spit the unfiltered truth.... It hurts and folk will Nit pick and deflect. People today out money over pride dignity and self respect
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i said before he even said a word...
    S2J wrote: »
    ...its not lost on me that this story has been goin 72 hours non stop (as it should), and theres only but so many ways u can say 'this is wrong and something needs to be done'...if its your JOB to stand out, Im keenly aware that stories will come out with people, see Bomani, tryin to be 'on some other ? '.

I dont recognize yall's 'truth'. This tragic mulatto is not fooling me.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Can someone explain to me when (we) black people came together and decided we were going to be one? I'm going to let you know right now, the only ones I truly stand by and care about are my close ones, which is similar to how the world works. For me to extend my hand to others would put me at a disadvantage, and take away from the time I could be using to help the people I organically care about. Life is too short to waste time on people I don't know.

Also, why should I care how or why TM died? I know a bunch of TMs. Guess what happened when they got clapped?, no one cared!! TM's case was on his parents and his close ones and they did their job to make sure it was known. Good job to them, but that's where it ends.

... We need to start accepting the reality that most of us are in a position where the only ones we can afford to take care of or even care about is our close ones. There are a few outliers, but a lot of times you have to go against everything you (should) stand for to get there, so those people are useless to the black community.

There's reality, and there's theory. Theoretically we want to act as if we're one, but we're not on enough ourselves to even act on that theory. Take care of yourself and your family and if you can your extended family, and you're doing your job. If everyone does that, we'll rise in no time.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are not cowards.

That's all ima say.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me when (we) black people came together and decided we were going to be one? I'm going to let you know right now, the only ones I truly stand by and care about are my close ones, which is similar to how the world works. For me to extend my hand to others would put me at a disadvantage, and take away from the time I could be using to help the people I organically care about. Life is too short to waste time on people I don't know.

Also, why should I care how or why TM died? I know a bunch of TMs. Guess what happened when they got clapped?, no one cared!! TM's case was on his parents and his close ones and they did their job to make sure it was known. Good job to them, but that's where it ends.

... We need to start accepting the reality that most of us are in a position where the only ones we can afford to take care of or even care about is our close ones. There are a few outliers, but a lot of times you have to go against everything you (should) stand for to get there, so those people are useless to the black community.

There's reality, and there's theory. Theoretically we want to act as if we're one, but we're not on enough ourselves to even act on that theory. Take care of yourself and your family and if you can your extended family, and you're doing your job. If everyone does that, we'll rise in no time.

tumblr_m310785gKG1qcuhdoo2_250.gif

Gtfoh
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    We need to stop attacking and making life difficult for other blacks and instead uplift one another.

This right here…
    but people seem to take pride in leading with negativity.
    I understand Anger completely … I understand frustration a whole lot.
    I can just never trust someone fully who I feel is using hateful language as a trigger to rile up the troops.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

Yeah All black people aint the same. Thats that idiocy outdated thinking. People aint the same because of skin tint. All black people aint even the same skin tint just like all whites, etc. Some black people gave their lives to change and improve things. Its actually cowardly to sit on the sideline and talk about what the next man should do. dude was just on some nonsense for attention. The players didnt have to jeopadize their jobs or the league. They knew what they were doin. Thats on that team owner not them. See what happened to him.

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Gettin back to the "black people" thing, I know some who go to work and keep jobs. I know some who own their own businesses, some who hang at the store, some who dont do sht, some in school, etc, etc. Every person regardless skin tone is an individual.
  • KingKemet
    KingKemet Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Some of you all give white folks entirely too much power. That, in my opinion, is waaaay worse than basketball players NOT boycotting fa real fa real.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All black people being unified as one can cause a lot of change. Ofcourse we are all different but society doesn't always realize that, the police and the justice system see us all the same. It doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, how much money you make, you are just another ? . In situations like that we have to be unified.

If you study history you will see how we suffer when we turn our backs on each other and how we make great strides when we stick together. The enemy knows this and that's why for the last 400 years they have tried to break us up and destroy the family structure.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf is he talkin about? That dude got banned from the NBA for life, 2.5 mil fine, theyre going to try to force him out...The players would have been idiots to let that clown keep them from doing their jobs. Shock statement for attention.

Dude made this statement before Donald Sterling was banned from the NBA..
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    We need to stop attacking and making life difficult for other blacks and instead uplift one another.

This right here…
    but people seem to take pride in leading with negativity.
    I understand Anger completely … I understand frustration a whole lot.
    I can just never trust someone fully who I feel is using hateful language as a trigger to rile up the troops.

U should never trust someone fully anywayz....if another person was pouring on the syrup in order to put the battery in ya back.... would that be preferable?

I think theres a level of trust that's necessary to understand someones position and possibly agree with their stance (after personal research) regardless of whether the approach is to tear you down or build you up. This is important when your dealing with (social) issues that have very large grey areas.

Typically trust has to be earned over time anyway.
    I personally find hateful language to be counter productive. It doesn't move me. Neither does goingToHeavens... "? loves you" rants. But to his benefit its harder to be positive in the face of adversity. It super easy to say "? THE WORLD AND EVERYBODY WHO DISAGREES". Super easy.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    We are not cowards.

That's all ima say.

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know how any 9-5 ass black people would handle this situation if they found out their boss is racist. It's easy to say what other people should do in situations. I really hate these "if that was me " ass people. ? deal with racism at the job everyday but still work there. IMO there isn't much difference between Sterling and a boss who would rather hire a less experienced white person than a more experienced black person, or who constantly overlooks black folks who deserve promotions or whatever.
  • KingKemet
    KingKemet Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    rapmusic wrote: »
    I just want to know how any 9-5 ass black people would handle this situation if they found out their boss is racist. It's easy to say what other people should do in situations. I really hate these "if that was me " ass people. ? deal with racism at the job everyday but still work there. IMO there isn't much difference between Sterling and a boss who would rather hire a less experienced white person than a more experienced black person, or who constantly overlooks black folks who deserve promotions or whatever.

Exactly. Similar to what I was implying in my last post.

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Son of man, can these bones live?"
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The American ? Males have been beaten to be passive, cowardly ?