prison

peterjageagle
peterjageagle Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
why do people constantly complain about getting locked up but always find there way back in

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because after you go in once its practically impossible to get a job, making it impossible to pay your fees, making you go back inside.

Or resorting to more crime to try and pay stuff, only to get caught again and get locked up.
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called being institutionalized. Plus the system is setup so that you are a repeat customer
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you start a "Criminal" History, its set-up for you to fail so basically they can continue to make money off you being institutionalized.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #NiggaThatsNeverBeenArrestedAsAnAdultPost .!
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^Exactly. Post Incarceration Syndrome runs deep.

Also just because you're aware of the cycle of poverty doesn't mean you can't fall victim to it.
  • peterjageagle
    i seen people get good jobs while coming out of prison you have programs like vesid that helps
  • peterjageagle
    and i see people who come home do absolutely nothing so alot dont even try
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn you need some new friends if they are all in an out of jail.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Criminal minds are a syndrome. Although society can influence one to go this route, the criminals I've seen mainly do it for reasons similar to liars. They just choose to do it and do it with an attitude of I'll do it again. My rant: Most think they can get away with it, nobody will notice and if you notice then fear will keep you silent, there is a rush people get from breaking the rules that some like and get addicted to, some people often come from criminal lineages or environments (IE institution or systems) that praise criminal behavior and teach it as a part of like a fraternity or hazing in order to trust one another, some do it because it is a business and a job, some do it because what's legal or right in society is so wrong that they can't see the difference of criminal behavior being attached to morals versus immoralities of legal behaviors that cheat and steal from the masses, some do it due to low self-esteem and doing criminal things makes them feel they've gotten one over on those who that person with low self-esteem thinks those she/he stole from is better than him/her and once they've stolen, killed, lied to or done some criminal act against the person it makes them feel superior, some do it due to lack of legal opportunities that they felt unqualified for/ or incapable of attaining versus being qualified or having the resources and mindset to be courageously stupid enough to commit acts of criminality. Some do it b/c they grow up in drug environments or drug cultures which foster and create criminal minds and behaviors and some do it due to peer pressure.
    If you show someone the right way, they immediately/naturally want to know what the wrong way is. That right there is your answer. Secretly, we all want to do wrong once told something is wrong or at the very least we allow ourselves to think about entertaining it. Why do we have to know the wrong way? AdamvsEve
    Never leave out that some are just ignorant and want to do it; also some don't want to do it but do it anyway. It's a syndrome and once it starts and people allow themselves to divulge in it- it's not as easy to break that association and all the people, things, ideas and temptations as people think.
    On a sidenote I could of left outta this...but put it anyway. Criminals (not all or probably not most) but some have a way about them that starts to come off to other people where other people can see that a person is criminal in one's character and that isolates some criminals too; unfortunately some honest people also carry criminal vibes that are not true to their character too. Hmmm. Too much to write on that. I'm a just leave it at there a bunch of reasons and I named some. Ultimately I'm going to say being a criminal is natural for some people the same way honesty and virtues is natural. You can be taught or influenced or pick it up through osmosis. Doesn't make it right and it does make it wrong, but it does help in knowing that it will always be. I do believe people can change, only if they want to or are forced to.