McDonald’s Uses Worm Meat Fillers in Burgers & pig fat in their milkshakes

2»

Comments

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This site the only one with the scoop on this huge story?
    Ask yourself this before posting.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    If major news outlets ran with this story they would lose major green in advertising dollars from Mickey D's. If you don't believe it it's no skin off my teeth.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/11/25/the-70-ingredient-cancer-promoting-mcrib-sandwich-its-not-real-food/
    The 70 Ingredient Cancer Promoting McRib Sandwich: It’s Not Real Food

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/16/mcdonalds-mcrib.aspx
    The Unsavory Truth of the McRib and Other Fake Foods, and Why Russia Banned US-Raised Meat

Over the past couple of years, we’ve learned the unsavory truth about “pink slime,” reconstituted meat, and how the use of meat glue cheats you out of your hard-earned money at the grocery store and threatens your health.

We’ve also learned that fast food fare such as McDonald’s hamburgers contain so many chemicals and so few real food ingredients that a burger fails to show signs of decomposition after more than a decade.
  • ElQueefo
    ElQueefo Members Posts: 71
    This is a stupid rumor. People should think about stuff before they believe it. McDonalds sell something like 20 billion hamburgers every year. Now think about how many earthworms you'd need to provide filler for all those hamburgers. Earthworms would be extinct if this rumor was true.

Earthworms are much easier to farm than cattle. They take up less space, mature much quicker, and are much cheaper to feed.

If cows are not going extinct when they are used to make 20 billion hamburgers why would earthworms? Makes no sense.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElQueefo wrote: »
    This is a stupid rumor. People should think about stuff before they believe it. McDonalds sell something like 20 billion hamburgers every year. Now think about how many earthworms you'd need to provide filler for all those hamburgers. Earthworms would be extinct if this rumor was true.

Earthworms are much easier to farm than cattle. They take up less space, mature much quicker, and are much cheaper to feed.

If cows are not going extinct when they are used to make 20 billion hamburgers why would earthworms? Makes no sense.

1) You'd probably need a couple hundred thousand earth worms to make the same amount of meat as a single cow. Now you're telling me you believe that they are farming earthworms to supplement the meat that comes from the millions of cows they have worldwide dedicated solely to producing meat for McDonalds? It's much more likely that they would use "junk meat" from the cows they are already slaughtering than worms. I mean where are these worm farms where they are raising hundreds of millions of earth worms to pad McDonalds burgers?

2) Around here a pound or so of earthworms costs around 8 or so dollars. You can get a pound of beef for 5. Why would McDonalds pad their meat with something that's more expensive than the actual meat itself?
  • ElQueefo
    ElQueefo Members Posts: 71
    I never said they are doing it but to think worms would go extinct if they did when cows have not sounds like an exaggeration. Many cultures already farm insects and eat them with no problems

Insect_food_stall.JPG

Not sure if the retail cost really reflects a greater expense. Raising a cow is much more costly than raising worms
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2014
    ElQueefo wrote: »
    I never said they are doing it but to think worms would go extinct if they did when cows have not sounds like an exaggeration. Many cultures already farm insects and eat them with no problems

Cows make much more meat than worms. Again, it probably takes hundreds of thousands of worms to make the same amount of hamburger meat that you get from a single cow. So it would take a lot fewer cows to account for that amount of hamburger meat even if the worms were just being used as filler.

I mean what I said was probably is a bit of exaggeration, but the point is, using earthworms is not really viable especially when there are far better and cheaper options.
  • TalaNight
    TalaNight Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    pop--pestauarant-_t5rs.jpg

The McWorm

we mock it but if other cultures are eating bugs and finding ways to make it taste good I bet North Americans could get used to it

sure as hell be cheaper
  • The Lonious Monk
    If people can eat shrimp, which are basically aquatic roaches, they can eat bugs. That said, I have access to chicken, pork, fish, and beef. I'll stick with those for now.