If you were totally desperate for money, what would you be willing to do?

2»

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    sionb55 wrote: »
    It depends on what your looking for. Obviously anything above $1000 is decent but ud have to make concentrated investments in very few super strong companies. Anything from $5000 to $10000 is more than adequate and enough for you to net a high return & even double ur money if you invest that cash in say.... 3 to 5 companies that have strong balance sheets, are reasonably priced to book value (or preferably at a discount), consistent earnings & have strong competitve advantages. Those arent hard to find RIGHT NOW (i can name a few off the top - GE, BAC, WFC, GS, MT, MRH theres a couple others but do ur own h/w lol), but these bargains wont be around for too long.

i wanna try my hand at stocks sooooooo bad.. i jus think the ? 's a sham.. it would be my luck soon as i put my cash in the ? 'll tank... AGAIN!!! i dont think the worse has came yet..
    edumicate me.. whats ur forcast of the market over the next year or so my brother sion??
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Sometimes I feel like a sucker for working in this system......I do security work and bring home just enough to get by. I'm lucky I'm still at home and have a family who cares about me, but if I didn't have them, I'd be ? up right now. I would have to move in the projects or room in with somebody....

I find other ways to make money, about to graduate from college next month, and I'm pretty resourceful, but as I get older, I realize I'm not reaching my potential at all financially. I'm hoping I find that shortcut to the "answer" sometime soon.....

mayne i say if u wanna do it "the legal" way.. get like u and 3-4 of the homies and rent out a house together.. and stack ur money..
    that's a start.. i cant tell u whats next.. ? all led to dead ends when i planned it.. but im sure there's some way.. jus dont get in debt.. and if u are get out..
  • dr.oliverpo
    dr.oliverpo Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Become a hitman
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    CapitalB wrote: »
    mayne i say if u wanna do it "the legal" way.. get like u and 3-4 of the homies and rent out a house together.. and stack ur money..
    that's a start.. i cant tell u whats next.. ? all led to dead ends when i planned it.. but im sure there's some way.. jus dont get in debt.. and if u are get out..

Good advice, but I'm saving even more money by staying with my mom for now. I agree with you on the debt part, I refuse to go into debt for anything, I don't even have a credit card. But yeah I will find a way, whether it's from my college degree or not.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Become a hitman

Yo what part of the X u at?
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    sionb55 wrote: »
    B/c the EU is having debt problems their markets will plunge & that fear (not the actual problem) will spill off into our own markets in North America. YES the chances are high that the markets will plunge more. Remember tho that the worst is behind us, & the EU's problems aren't ours. If u buy those particular stocks that I listed (w/ the exception of MT since it is a European co. i think that it if markets plunge it will shave another 2-5% off its price, u wanna wait for a bit more weakness to buy it even tho its already at an incredible discount) u will be fine.

In North America we will be fine, we're on the road to good health & most American corporations have returned to profitability & are adapting to the new environment. Since Canada & other countries came back in a big way in 2009, I expect 2010 to be America's year to play "catch-up". The housing sector will remain depressed but corps will be hiring which is a good thing b/c thats wat stimulates the economy. America is going to have a very good year.

I sure hope so! I graduate soon and this economy scares me....I don't want to be one of those people that take 2 years to find a good job after college.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    rob someone of their savings. a wealthy looking person. would kind of rid me of any guilt i guess knowing that they still have their mansion and flashy car/s etc .. least try for few thousand to keep me going. i don't really want to imagine being absolutely broke, but if it was the case then yeah i think this would be the route i'd take if all other options were dead ends