Rumor: Resident Evil 7 for PS4 to Be Announced at E3; Probably Not Exclusive

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Resident-Evil-7-670x368.jpg

There have been rumors floating around about the upcoming announcement of Resident Evil 7 at E3, and some voices even alleged that it would be a Xbox One exclusive. The latter won’t be the case according to an article on the website of the prominent Japanese Economic newspaper Sankei Shimbun.

The article mentions that for what PS4 games are concerned, Capcom plans to reveal a “masterpiece game” at E3, and that is expected to be Resident Evil 7. It also specifies that the sales expectations for the game are to sell over 5.6 million copies like its predecessor.
While only a PS4 version is named, the wording of the article does not suggest exclusivity. Considering that it’s a Japanese source, it’s most probable that the game will be multiplatform. It’s normal for Japanese articles to mention only PlayStation versions of titles they mention, especially on mainstream media.

Of course this should be considered a rumor until Capcom makes an announcement. We’ll have to stand by and wait for June to see if the Sankei Shimbun is right about it.

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course it won't be exclusive. Capcom literally can't afford to not go multiplatform with the few AAA IP's they still release now a days. They're broke as hell and on the brink of death. Doesn't make a difference to me anyway though. The main RE changed way too much after part 5 and hasn't looked back so neither will I. Unless it's another Resident Evil Revelations type of game.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hope it does well for Capcoms sake but Im not checking for it
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Of course it won't be exclusive. Capcom literally can't afford to not go multiplatform with the few AAA IP's they still release now a days. They're broke as hell and on the brink of death. Doesn't make a difference to me anyway though. The main RE changed way too much after part 5 and hasn't looked back so neither will I. Unless it's another Resident Evil Revelations type of game.
    deep down is exclusive....

Actually you'll probably see a lot more PS4 exclusives so companies don't have to worry about ports. PS4 is the fastest selling electronics device of all time at the moment.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    deep down is exclusive....

Actually you'll probably see a lot more PS4 exclusives so companies don't have to worry about ports. PS4 is the fastest selling electronics device of all time at the moment.

I'm sure Sony Computer Entertainment absorbing half the development duties and putting up half the development resources for that game has something to do with that. Similar to Microsoft Game Studios with the publishing of Dead Rising 3. Those are exceptions. Exceptions are not the rule and RE 7 will cost way more than that to become a reality. Which is a bill I don't think Sony or MS will be willing to pay.

Once again; Capcom IS broke. Capcom IS dying. PS4 being the fastest whatever the ? you wanna call it doesn't change Capcom's fortune. It doesn't change the fact that game development has become much more expensive than they could afford it to be. It just exemplifies it.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Garbage on top of more garbage...

Capcom needs to hit a Homerun here...

Wonder what style of gameplay they are going for, cause 6 was an awful mess...

3rd person horror or 3rd person action...

They need to stick to 1 or 2 playable characters and ditch the partner system or severely upgrade it...

Deep Down looks great but yeah SCE Japan basically paid for that game that is why it's PS4 exclusive...

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was an RE6?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked re5 so I wouldnt mind if I got another one
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resident evil games pretty much went to ? . ? went from survival horror to an Action packed shooter with little horror if any at all. Pass.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I quite liked Resi 5 from what I've played of it. They should bring that Sheva character back in 7 while they're at it.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Garbage on top of more garbage...

Capcom needs to hit a Homerun here...

Wonder what style of gameplay they are going for, cause 6 was an awful mess...

3rd person horror or 3rd person action...

They need to stick to 1 or 2 playable characters and ditch the partner system or severely upgrade it...

Deep Down looks great but yeah SCE Japan basically paid for that game that is why it's PS4 exclusive...

This is why Resident Evil 6 came off so bad with many people. Capcom just need to stick w/the traditional gameplay of what made Resident Evil what it was and improve on the horror/survival elements of the game. After I beat 6 I got rid of it with the quickness I didn't even want to play Ada's part.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resident evil revaluation is pretty ? game
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been saying it for years but BRING BACK THE OLD GAMEPLAY STYLE!

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    The revelation one kinda goes back to the old style
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    The revelation one kinda goes back to the old style

Really? I never played it. Looked horrible.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Yea first glance I thought it looked horrible but it was 20 bucks at GameStop so I said ? it ...I was surprised how well I enjoyed it
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resident Evil 7 Confirm for E3 & Rumors

tumblr_mbz30w7VgW1ri9nydo1_1280.jpg

A new chapter in the Resident Evil franchise has just been confirmed. Coming to E3 2014, Resident Evil 7 release date will finally be announced! But what will be the plot of the new RE game? If rumors are true, then we will see the glorious return of Albert Wesker and the game reveal of Alice from the movies!

Japanese publication Sankei Shinbum has reported that Capcom will unveil Resident Evil 7 for PlayStation 4 at E3 in June. When Resident Evil 7 was rumoured a few years back, one of the most popular theories going on at the time was the return of Albert Wesker to face his son, Jake. This theory was "confirmed" when an alleged employee of Capcom tweeted about Wesker's voice actor going in to the studio to record lines for Wesker and that they are planning to add Alice from the Resident Evil movies to be a playable character in Resident Evil 7 mercenaries mode. Also more rumors that " Claire " would be returning for RE 7. Capcom made their statement saying that they are closely listening to what the fans want for the next Resident Evil game and by Fans request capcom has promised to bring the game back to its original horror roots. Nothing has been said wether the gameplay would be any different or any more returning characters from previous games. Also it has been said that the game will be set to release in 2015 for PS4 & Xbox One. Everything will be revealed in June at E3
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought wesker was dead. Is this a reboot?
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I thought they dropped him off in a volcano or something. Then again this is a series where a little girl genius spliced her DNA with a queen ant, froze herself in Antartica, and had her insane twin bring her back after living dual lives for over a decade.

Bringing a guy back from volcano death may not be that difficult a task...
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't be checking for it
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint enjoyed a RE since 4. Aint played 6 yet.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

Yeah, I thought they dropped him off in a volcano or something. Then again this is a series where a little girl genius spliced her DNA with a queen ant, froze herself in Antartica, and had her insane twin bring her back after living dual lives for over a decade.

95191-I-am-so-confused-gif-Felicia-D-jrzm.gif
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

95191-I-am-so-confused-gif-Felicia-D-jrzm.gif

Pretty sure that was story in Code Veronica. I'm just saying, as far as storylines go, bringing a dude back from incineration is light work for the Resident Evil Universe.