Hip Hop Holograms: Pros and Cons/Future Success

12345679»

Comments

• gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at the end of the day this really serves no purpose. like I said earlier other than seeing what looked like Pac rockin the stage once again was good to see, but at the end of the day what purpose does it serve? oh oh yeah, "entertainment", how about investing that 10 mill into finding out who was behind his murder? how about droppin that 10 mill to some of these communities out here struggling? these people think they own tupac's soul, they're gonna try to ? him out for eternity, as long as his mother is willing to accept money (who isn't these days?) they'll continue to play on peoples emotions.

someone might say for what? Dre and them spent more money getting the hologram over the overall profit. which is true, but it's not about the bottom line dollar all the time. This was about your attention, if they have that you'll have no problem buying whatever they got to sell you.

How much do you thing they will charge other artist to rent out the 2Pac hologram for a show? I can see it now, neighborhood d boys doing a show with Pac to create a buzz smh
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    gman82 wrote: »
    at the end of the day this really serves no purpose. like I said earlier other than seeing what looked like Pac rockin the stage once again was good to see, but at the end of the day what purpose does it serve? oh oh yeah, "entertainment", how about investing that 10 mill into finding out who was behind his murder? how about droppin that 10 mill to some of these communities out here struggling? these people think they own tupac's soul, they're gonna try to ? him out for eternity, as long as his mother is willing to accept money (who isn't these days?) they'll continue to play on peoples emotions.

someone might say for what? Dre and them spent more money getting the hologram over the overall profit. which is true, but it's not about the bottom line dollar all the time. This was about your attention, if they have that you'll have no problem buying whatever they got to sell you.

How much do you thing they will charge other artist to rent out the 2Pac hologram for a show? I can see it now, neighborhood d boys doing a show with Pac to create a buzz smh

Bruh that's not gonna happen lol
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    When puff or somebody get knocked out for using the 2Pac hologram they gone blame Pac for destroying hip hop smh.

word! smh

• gman82
    at the end of the day this really serves no purpose. like I said earlier other than seeing what looked like Pac rockin the stage once again was good to see, but at the end of the day what purpose does it serve? oh oh yeah, "entertainment", how about investing that 10 mill into finding out who was behind his murder? how abouet droppin that 10 mill to some of these communities out here struggling? these people think they own tupac's soul, they're gonna try to ? him out for eternity, as long as his mother is willing to accept money (who isn't these days?) they'll continue to play on peoples emotions.

Bruh that's not gonna happen lol

Let's hope not.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    [img]http://sphotos.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394247_10151508328040112_670382384_n.jpg[/img]
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I can't believe some of y'all are cosigning this. This ? is straight disrespect to Tupac and what he stood for.

They're basically just using his image to make money, no ifs, ands, or buts. The whole concept is disgusting.

can you prove they are doing this to make money because i don't think they made money on this cause it costed millions and dre was getting paid whatever regardless. One thing i brought up is how do people feel about a world tour that would make a profit 5 years down the road but right now this ? is expensive as ? and nearly impossible to turn a profit of

it did not cost millions it cost 100's of thousands for 1 now that it is created it can be reused in different venues they call that a investment thus further revune and return will be made from it best believe Jimmy did not sink alll that money into it and use his dre stamp of approval to not break bread off of it...

GEt youreading comprehension game up before the next reply...
    Mally_G wrote: »
    my question is, does it cost whatever it costs (rumored 10 milli) to make the hologram, or is it (10 milli) to have the hologram perform per show?

if it's 10 per show, there's no way that ? would turn a profit, even on a world tour. If it's 10 for the hologram and a few extra for additional upgrades such as new movements, songs, voiceovers, etc, then that's cool, but not 10 per show.........HELL NO!!!!

I thought the hologram was cool, eerie as ? , but cool.

the rumor is pac's hologram was about 500k...his performance was all of 5 minutes? so yeah you probably in the ballpark with that 10 mil for a full 2 to 3 hour concert. tickets would be 1500 for upper upper deck

you children are not understanding where the cost actually lies in these types of technology the majority of cost went into equiptment and creation of a initial holographic matrix to be programed with music and moves. Reprograming and or adding to that initial matrix is a fraction of the cost now the equiptment and matrix are already built and in use at this point Tupacs matrix is just another piece of expesive equiptment to be setup and used at the next venue...
  • gman82
    I can't believe some of y'all are cosigning this. This ? is straight disrespect to Tupac and what he stood for.

They're basically just using his image to make money, no ifs, ands, or buts. The whole concept is disgusting.

can you prove they are doing this to make money because i don't think they made money on this cause it costed millions and dre was getting paid whatever regardless. One thing i brought up is how do people feel about a world tour that would make a profit 5 years down the road but right now this ? is expensive as ? and nearly impossible to turn a profit of

it did not cost millions it cost 100's of thousands for 1 now that it is created it can be reused in different venues they call that a investment thus further revune and return will be made from it best believe Jimmy did not sink alll that money into it and use his dre stamp of approval to not break bread off of it...

GEt youreading comprehension game up before the next reply...
    my question is, does it cost whatever it costs (rumored 10 milli) to make the hologram, or is it (10 milli) to have the hologram perform per show?

if it's 10 per show, there's no way that ? would turn a profit, even on a world tour. If it's 10 for the hologram and a few extra for additional upgrades such as new movements, songs, voiceovers, etc, then that's cool, but not 10 per show.........HELL NO!!!!

the rumor is pac's hologram was about 500k...his performance was all of 5 minutes? so yeah you probably in the ballpark with that 10 mil for a full 2 to 3 hour concert. tickets would be 1500 for upper upper deck

you children are not understanding where the cost actually lies in these types of technology the majority of cost went into equiptment and creation of a initial holographic matrix to be programed with music and moves. Reprograming and or adding to that initial matrix is a fraction of the cost now the equiptment and matrix are already built and in use at this point Tupacs matrix is just another piece of expesive equiptment to be setup and used at the next venue...

how much do you think jimmy charge an artist to do a show with Pac? Jimmy about to use Pac to break his new artist smh. They can ? Pac and literally don't have to pay him
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

you children are not understanding where the cost actually lies in these types of technology the majority of cost went into equiptment and creation of a initial holographic matrix to be programed with music and moves. Reprograming and or adding to that initial matrix is a fraction of the cost now the equiptment and matrix are already built and in use at this point Tupacs matrix is just another piece of expesive equiptment to be setup and used at the next venue...[/quote]

dawg the price is not going to go down its going to go up if they do more songs or a full concert...ok 10 mil is a bit much

Nick Smith, president of the company that projected the computer-generated figure at Coachella, tells MTV that it cost as much as $400,000 for just the two song performance. A tour with more songs could mean higher ticket prices.

we the people are going to pay high ass ticket prices for a hologram.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

dawg the price is not going to go down its going to go up if they do more songs or a full concert...ok 10 mil is a bit much

Nick Smith, president of the company that projected the computer-generated figure at Coachella, tells MTV that it cost as much as $400,000 for just the two song performance. A tour with more songs could mean higher ticket prices.

we the people are going to pay high ass ticket prices for a hologram. [/quote]

Excatly they are going to have to have more than 1 song and they are going to have to have variations from city to city otherwise the ? aint gunna be marketable. That is excatly why i think right now there is no way to profit off this ? . An artist even at the lowest buzz rating is better off just doing small as events by themselves than touring with a hologram to raise buzz. That might change in the future but right now no way in hell a hologram tour is going to be finacially feaseable and i hope it never is cause ? is a gimmick if you keep doing it over and over.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

Excatly they are going to have to have more than 1 song and they are going to have to have variations from city to city otherwise the ? aint gunna be marketable. That is excatly why i think right now there is no way to profit off this ? . An artist even at the lowest buzz rating is better off just doing small as events by themselves than touring with a hologram to raise buzz. That might change in the future but right now no way in hell a hologram tour is going to be finacially feaseable and i hope it never is cause ? is a gimmick if you keep doing it over and over.

You kats are taking ? out of Context in case you could not tell the technology used to do this is similar to the ? used in Video games with this case the avatar is A tupac Hologram 3D matrix he is the game. all that is needed is the equiptment to effectively project over a set area that image which is where the costs lies. If they wanted to do this exact smame set in different cities the only major cost would be setting up the equiptment.,
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    null wrote: »

You kats are taking ? out of Context in case you could not tell the technology used to do this is similar to the ? used in Video games with this case the avatar is A tupac 3 matrix he is the game. all that is needed is the equiptment to effectively project over a set area that image which is where the costs lies. If they wanted to do this exact smame set in different cities the only major cost would be setting up the equiptment.,

Unless they can get tour sponsored by multiple companies.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    The Japanese been going crazy over kind of technology for awhile. Those are some weird people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    aww really not cool