The State Of Black America

Options
kzzl
kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Guest speaker, Claude Anderson, with a great message and offering solutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqGuZEjEjww

Comments

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    I have a lot of solutions myself, but when I tell them I get called a sellout. Let's face it the Black race is doomed look what's going on in Chicago.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a lot of solutions myself, but when I tell them I get called a sellout. Let's face it the Black race is doomed look what's going on in Chicago.

I won't call you a sellout, all ideas really are welcome to fix the Black community at this point. What are some you have?
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options

I won't call you a sellout, all ideas really are welcome to fix the Black community at this point. What are some you have?

Get our people to stop killing each other and band together. Try to get rid of gang violence and gangs in general because it sets our people apart. Another thing is try to get the NAACP to stand up for Black people. Now they just march when it's white on Black. They need to stand up in general and do things for the ghettos and give food for the homeless ones. Plus get poor Black kids gifts and etc. There's a lot more I have too.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Get our people to stop killing each other and band together. Try to get rid of gang violence and gangs in general because it sets our people apart. Another thing is try to get the NAACP to stand up for Black people. Now they just march when it's white on Black. They need to stand up in general and do things for the ghettos and give food for the homeless ones. Plus get poor Black kids gifts and etc. There's a lot more I have too.

I respect all that. You can't get rid of gangs though, too much money and bonds are there to end it realistically, not too many good paying jobs are out there. People are gonna do what they gonna have to do.

The rest I definitely agree with. I'd like more Black people supporting Black businesses, something I know many do but we also gotta create more businesses. Making education priority at an early age is also important. The state of Black America would be better if more did that. Federal govt isn't helping much though, bailing out the rich and big banks every month and giving crumbs to everyone else....