Anybody ever study abroad? Was it worth it?

LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've got a chance to study at Oxford in England during the summer, but the program is almost 8 grand; that's about what I would pay for a full year's tuition at UofT. I am tempted to sign up as Oxford has a really good reputation. The trip would be for 5 weeks and I would get 1 full credit (20 needed to graduate).

Anybody have any stories about people who studied abroad and regret it, or loved it?

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oxford??

man if your ? don't go

I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only you :(
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Studying broads ..step your game up you either got it or you dont...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be political science I would study there.

Meet some fine English girls with those sexy accents though
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Never studied abroad, but been to plenty of countries. My brother studied abroad and after I left I'd say that was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. Saddest thing about leaving the USA sometimes is coming back. Good luck
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've studied more than one. they were all worth it.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only 8k?

do it
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Studied in the Caribbean for about 16 months. Was decent. Liked the island (St. Lucia), but had a few bad moments, like getting my ? jacked at the beach.

Worst part was my classmates, but I think that speaks more to the school and the people than the living experience.

The living experience was alright. Weather was amazing, and the scenery was unforgettable. Lots of beach trips and visited the tourist parts of the island a lot. Got to see a volcano, and went ziplining (longest course in the Caribbean, I think).

Tuition was pretty doable. $6500 per semester.

Now i'm abroad again, but in Chicago. Much better here, but more expensive to live and for tuition ($10,000+ per semester).

Just go somewhere you're gonna be comfortable and going to get your work done. Living abroad is great, but yo u don't want to end up living there b/c you're doing everything but studying.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    studied a broad or 2 or 3 up in the dorms...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to but I ? out
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »
    I've got a chance to study at Oxford in England during the summer, but the program is almost 8 grand; that's about what I would pay for a full year's tuition at UofT. I am tempted to sign up as Oxford has a really good reputation. The trip would be for 5 weeks and I would get 1 full credit (20 needed to graduate).

Anybody have any stories about people who studied abroad and regret it, or loved it?

Just having that name "Oxford" on your Resume will open up alot of opportunities for you. Also Oxford uni/area is home to some of the sluttiest girls i've ever met in my life. Go for it
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sully wrote: »
    Studied in the Caribbean for about 16 months. Was decent. Liked the island (St. Lucia), but had a few bad moments, like getting my ? jacked at the beach.

Worst part was my classmates, but I think that speaks more to the school and the people than the living experience.

The living experience was alright. Weather was amazing, and the scenery was unforgettable. Lots of beach trips and visited the tourist parts of the island a lot. Got to see a volcano, and went ziplining (longest course in the Caribbean, I think).

Tuition was pretty doable. $6500 per semester.

Now i'm abroad again, but in Chicago. Much better here, but more expensive to live and for tuition ($10,000+ per semester).

Just go somewhere you're gonna be comfortable and going to get your work done. Living abroad is great, but yo u don't want to end up living there b/c you're doing everything but studying.

What school you @ homie, U of C?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? studying one, period. Broads ain't the thing that any one will ever come to understand. No manual on that ? !