Barack Obama: Has he done all he can for Black people in America?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. He's just another puppetized ? .
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Still haven't seen anyone make a logical point on how a president can help a whole race. Just speculation that he hasn't done enough. The whole premise of this thread is racist, as it implies that the collective black community needs help from one of their own who reaches a position of power. Which implies that they aren't capable of accomplishing anything on their own. That self image is more detrimental than any kkk or illuminati. And I'll be called a racist for this post.

Nothing racist about it...but Here's a few things White Presidents have done for white folks:

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions
    4. Welfare Public AND Corporate
    5. the creation of the Republican Party

just to name a few. and if you disagree you're fulla ? .

The republican party who elected a president that freed the slaves. Affirmative action for white people? Once again, racist assumptions, like black people being unable to own corporations and benefit from bailouts of them.

Newsflash. the slaves ain't free... Tusla 1921 proved that. If we try to rise up, White America will attack us. that was the sign we AINT free. We more like POW's if you really wanna know the truth.

interesting point using an example from almost a century ago.

these POW's my people so proudly hold onto have the option to leave at any time they want, yet seem to prefer america to anywhere else.

so,, name something i am allowed to do that you are not allowed to do. since you are currently being held against your will and i am free as a bird at this very moment.

Brush up on history and understand that Empires rise and fall and in those empires, are people they have conquered to serve under them. America is no different. An Empire that's about to fall.

@Mainstream_rap_sucks

i think america is past its prime as far as how rich it is in comparison with the rest of the world, but don't think it will reach third world country status in my lifetime.

but answer the question, since black people are so underpriveledged, name one thing a white person has the right to do that a black person does not have the right to do in modern america.

Be White.. It comes with incalculable amounts of privilege and favors.

give an example ? . i said "what are some examples" and you basically said "there are several examples" and didnt name a single one. you are delusional.

I thought being white was an example. It's something black folks can't do. But you go on and feel what your feeling.. I give no ? about your ? tears.

michael jackson and sammy sosa did it. so your argument is invalid.

your black tears seem unnecesary. always ? about having less rights, yet not having any examples to give. like you prefer to be able to ? about how much you can't do.

LOL at Sammy Sosa damn I forgot about that idiot...you bring up a good point that Blacks technically do have the same rights as Whites but I think what Furious means is that Whites still get the benefit of the doubt in bigger proportions compared to Whites in various situations, such as the court system.

Blacks have definitely made great progress in America, and that's to be applauded but in the court system and job world, research has shown Blacks get sentenced more harshly compared to Whites with the same records and Whites with a felony have just as good a chance at getting a job as a Black guy with an associate's degree. Despite some of those negatives I'll admit there's been progress but there's still work to do

Suburban whites with rich parents with felonies. Trailer park white people with felonies and no degree won't get a job over a black guy with a degree and no records. Statistics look bad when race is the only factor examined, but laws are unevenly applied to poor white people than rich ones too, it just so happens that black people are disproportionately poor, so it appears they are targeted. I've seen poor white peoples lives ruined over small offenses, like its been claimed only happens to black people. Also, racial profiling occurs because the violent crime rate is higher among black people, not because cops want to screw the black community. Charity starts at home guys.

You know I was half with you as it is Poor people period are disproportionately targeted by government to serve as the prison/slave caste in our society regardless of skin color poor or perception of poor gets a target placed on you. But to not acknowledge the factors that prevent people of various colors other then pasty-peach from getting the same foundation and treatment is inane. If only things were so simple as those from white privilege made it the world would truly be in bliss with the ignorance...

like i said in my last post, the actual racists have very little power anymore. but as long as there is different in behavior between various races, the treatment will be different. and since black people have a higher rate of theft, and violence, people will be more suspicious of them. that IS a factor, and ill grant a million times over that historically there were much worse factors by ? white people, and continue to be people like that in herds in rural areas, and quite a few in urban areas too. that doesnt mean that every mistreatment was a result of racism, sometimes the black stereotype has negative effects, and no one seems to be fighting the factors that cause the stereotype to be what it is. can you acknowledge THAT?
    Yeah that's that ? once again, white people commit just as many if not more crimes of theft and violence but the nature of conviction in the judicial system and the conditions the majorities live in as a result of that is vastly different. Law enforcement has been taught to treat crimes differently when reported by white people then they do minorities, charges for various offenses have a huge range when it comes to interpretation of events by officers and persecutors. The stereo types you are speaking of are reinforced by pop culture and the criminal justice system that turns nonviolent criminals struggling to survive of all ethnicities/colors but blacks and Hispanic are disproportionately convicted and thus the cycle continues. As more homes are broken by unequal sentencing, less jobs are available and real leadership that gives a ? is almost non existent the conditions get worse. Is every case one of racism hell no, but the impact of those that are is reverberating particularly in hotbeds of Democratic support where the line between the elite and the poor caste shows how unequal treatment is in the eyes of the government. On a per capita basis yes more crimes are committed in poor impoverished communities which by default are the black and hispanic ones in this nation your argument fails to acknowledge why that is and turns a blind eye to the factors which reflect on how racism still plays a role in that and the history which is still seeing members of my community in prison for the crime of speaking against tyranny while black...