Would Any Y'all ? with a Seersucker Suit.

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Fashion Forward
Nothing says "pimpin'" more than a seersucker suit. If you're sportin' one of these you're on another level of the game. This suit is something that when dudes see you in it, they're going to give you props, ? are going to give you major cooperation and choose, and ? who try to clown are ratchet sleazes who you wouldn't to associate with anyway.

RMF409J_402.jpg

bonobos-seersucker.jpg

1236110_593196740724060_1065630397_n-480x270.jpg

red_seersucker_suit.jpg

That suit and these shoes.

c_ale_00014.jpg

You're shutting it down for spring. ? can't ? with you.

Comments

• 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Pass... Seersucker should only be worn if you're white and live in the Southern U.S. The pattern doesn't compliment darker complected skin IMO.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I could do the suit in the summer time.

Not the shoes though.
    I'd have some clean loafers no socks
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, you're suppose to wear seersucker and cotton suits in the summer
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    i think of two things when i see them suits

Celebrities+Kentucky+Derby+zqhN1lR8rqol.jpg
    flickr-derby.jpg

and rockys voice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6SSETwRkhk
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Not my speed, but if you gonna rock one ^^^^, that's how you do it.
  • 1800skypager
    MJ ain't wearing seersucker, that's some tacky striped suit. If u can pull it off more power 2 ya but that ? is country as hell 2 me.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited April 2014
    MJ ain't wearing seersucker, that's some tacky striped suit. If u can pull it off more power 2 ya but that ? is country as hell 2 me.

Yeah MJ, looks like he has one some ole Stacy Adams ? . The sad part about it is that suit is probably bespoke and cost a few racks. Anyway, I used to think the same thing about seersucker suits (that it was a particular style,) however, seersucker is actually the fabric from which the suit is made.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/seersucker-suits-for-men-5690986

Adapted from Esquire's ? Book, Spring 2011 edition. Speaking of which, click here for 156 pages of essential style advice for ten bucks, and keep scrolling for advice on Derby day and beyond from ? Books of seasons past...

(Sadly, the jacket above is from last year. But here's one to buy right now. And here's another.)

All About Seersucker, the Coolest Cloth

The Name:

The fabric hails from India, where it was known as shir-o-shakar, which in Persian means "milk and sugar" and probably represented the contrasting textures of the fabric: milk for the smooth and sugar for the crinkle. The term evolved in the 18th century to become sea sucker, and later seersucker.

How and Why It Works:

The fabric is usually 100 percent cotton, and its smooth-and-crinkled striped texture is achieved through a slack-weaving technique in which the alternating tightness and slack of the weaves creates both flat and puckered stripes. Because of the texture, the fabric is mostly held away from the skin, which helps improve air circulation and heat dissipation. It moves, breathes, and wears wrinkles well. Mostly because it starts off wrinkled.

How to Buy It:

Though traditionally blue-and-white-striped, seersucker comes in many different varieties: brown on white, gray on white, even white on white. We would, however, recommend against red on white, unless you want people to walk up to you and demand a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Also, when buying a light fabric like seersucker, make sure the hem of the trousers is reinforced with heavier fabric to maintain the shape of the leg and protect the fragile material.

How to Wear It:

You'll presumably wear a collared shirt with your seersucker suit. Make sure it is crisp and white.

Oh, and Socks:

With seersucker, match to either stripe. If your suit is beige or cream, beige socks would work, but if it's blue and bright white, beige or cream socks could just look plain ? . Have you considered the other summer option — no socks at all?
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    That ? is for suckers, exclusively.
  • Maximus Rex
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    That ? is for suckers, exclusively.

How old are you bruh, what kind of neighborhood do you live in, and when was the last time you wore a suit? The reason why I ask is that there not only comes a time in a man's life when he not only have to start dressing like a man, but he has to know HOW to dress like a man. Unfortunately, due to growing up in single parent households, (ran by females,) the intricacies of knowing how to buy a suit and how it's suppose to fit missed us.

I used to do background (extra work on movies,) and this dude prided himself on wearing suits, however, he neglected to take the label off of the sleeves. A lot of dudes will buy suits off-of-the-rack, but neglect have have them altered as to prevent it looking like that their wearing a ? Hefty bag. You say only suckers would wear a seersucker suit, but by you saying that one can immediately make conclusions about your socioeconomic and education levels, and that isn't good potna. The cold irony is that you would spend $250 on some J's, but wouldn't even consider spending some change on some decent dress clothes.

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I HAVE A SEER SUCKER JACKET (WHITE AND BLUE).. I DON’T KNOW IF I WANNA ROCK THE PANTS TOO..

I WAS PROBLY JUST GONE ROCK SOME WHITE PANTS WITH THEM.. NAVY BLUE TIE, WHITE BUTTON UP.
  • ElQueefo
    ElQueefo Members Posts: 71
    Dark suits look better imo

those suits look like the dumb and dumber tuxedos

dumb-and-dumber-tuxedos.jpg
  • Maximus Rex
    ElQueefo wrote: »
    Dark suits look better imo

those suits look like the dumb and dumber tuxedos

dumb-and-dumber-tuxedos.jpg

Unless you're going to some ole formal ? , ypu're suppose to wear light colors and pastels in the spring and summer.
  • 1800skypager
    U wear whatever you feel comfortable and look good in. Seersucker sucks. Just cause esquire said it's hot don't mean it is, b.
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    wow looks great