Is there a more bigger rivalry and more bad blood than India vs Pakistan?

Options
2»

Comments

• P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent vs Ja Rule
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    When was the last time a Muslim nation won a war against a non-Muslim nation?
    what do you mean by "won a war against"

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....they're great at guerilla warfare though

It's not they're great at guerilla warfare per se, it's that Western Nations will no longer use the means to squash a guerilla war and I just remembered the the last time an Islamic nation beat a non-Islamic nation in a war, it was Afghanistan. Though the Soviet invasion and occupation of sparked a guerilla war, though one most take into account that Afghanistan isn't your typical nation-state with a large standing army.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uptown vs Downtown New Orleans
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....they're great at guerilla warfare though

It's not they're great at guerilla warfare per se, it's that Western Nations will no longer use the means to squash a guerilla war and I just remembered the the last time an Islamic nation beat a non-Islamic nation in a war, it was Afghanistan. Though the Soviet invasion and occupation of sparked a guerilla war, though one most take into account that Afghanistan isn't your typical nation-state with a large standing army.

That wasn't a clear cut victory won by Afghanistan. America had everything to do with that. Without the Funding and Training, they would have lost easy.
  • janklow
    Options
    It's not they're great at guerilla warfare per se, it's that Western Nations will no longer use the means to squash a guerilla war and I just remembered the the last time an Islamic nation beat a non-Islamic nation in a war, it was Afghanistan.
    honestly, this probably doesn't count for either the US or the USSR; what is more likely to happen (if we use the USSR as a guide) is that the non-Muslim nation rolls out and Muslims beat up other Muslims

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seattle seahawks fans vs 49ers fans
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eritrea / Ethiopia
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I manage customers in Pakistan as part of my work but i also work with a lot of Indians that help me cover Pakistani businesses. never noticed any beef really
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trinis vs guyanese cant stand dem ? trinis
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ermm North and South Korea?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WarTeacha wrote: »
    trinis vs guyanese cant stand dem ? trinis

damn there's a trini guyanese beef?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    So you trying to keep the rivalry alive? This post and your other post seems to be focused on how more accepting the Indians are then the Pakistani.

It's not that it's just Indians really dislike them and vice versa it is better for peace obviously but that is kinda never gonna happen

"better for peace"?? What's better is if they all get the ? over it and live life as it was intended, to flourish and enjoy
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lots of ignorant people in here who don't know much about history.

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Majority of multicides are said to stem from ideological or religious conflicts.

I'd guess the frequency, the longevity, and the severity of that rivalry is what you factor in?

Off hand, I think the most main stream rivalry is muslims vs christians.

But I see no reason to exclude the drug wars of mexico and south america from the list, either. Which is an exception to my statement of the religious and ideological, as most of that stems from money I believe.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raiders fans VS Broncos/Chiefs fans

Israel & Palestine
    North Korea VS South Korea
    Chechnya vs Russia
    Islamic Nigerians VS everyone non Islamic in their region
  • janklow
    Options
    Rahlow wrote: »
    Raiders fans VS Broncos/Chiefs fans
    oh, that's the correct answer

ps. ? Denver, ? KC, ? San Diego
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    Options
    lol @ "more bigger"

lil b vs. kevin durant is reaching epic proportions never before seen by the indians and pakistanis

do english and irish really not like each other? like even to this day? i guess ya learn something new everyday

and ? you shadyteam, it's native america vs. pakistan you politically incorrect ? .
  • janklow
    Options
    do english and irish really not like each other? like even to this day?
    probably fair to say there's some beef there

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Israel VS everyone else
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    African vs African. .makes sense since we're the oldest people on earth
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't think of bigger rivalry and bad blood now then Israel vs Palestinians and North Korea vs South Korea.

From a historical standpoint though, to me it's White Americans vs Native Americans (the wars lasted hundreds of years) and the British Empire vs the world basically. White people against everyone else in short.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't even tell the difference.
    They look the same, and they both stink.
    No lie