Yo, How Do You Feel When You Hear A Racial Slur In A Movie?...

rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I've watched a lot of films where white people use the word 'nigg-er' in a hateful and sometimes playful manner...

I won't lie sometimes I just laugh it off... because they come out as funny to me

Example: Goodfellas (1989) - A truck driver just discovers his truck's been nicked while going into a cafe... he rushes back into the cafe and asks for a phone to call up the cops because "... two nigg-ers just stole my truck..."

I laugh whenever that scene comes up... it was a racial stereotype on blacks as criminals and thieves but hilarious as well...

I also notices almost all films made by Scorsese and Tarantino use the word frequently...

Comments

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    dead ****** storage
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I ? one of ya.... I ? ya all... ya.... ya little nigglettes!!!!....LMMMAAAAOOOO.. TALES FROM THE HOOD
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited May 2010
    Scorsese seems to make it a point to put it in every movie. I am not really sure why, sometimes it is totally uneeded. I think Taratino films have used it in just places to tell a story.
  • spaceagepimpin
    spaceagepimpin Members Posts: 436
    edited May 2010
    its jus a movie.....nothin else to it
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Just watched Bad Liuetenant yesterday... the original one released in '93...

Harvey Keitel who is a junkie cop, listens to the radio in his car as the baseball team he places a bet on loses... he flies into a flaring rage and says, "you ? ? sucking nigg-er" apparently aimed at a black player... I was high at the time watching that ? ... ? had me in stitches LOL
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited May 2010
    I don't remember the last time I watch a movie with racial slurs. But if I did, I would kind of feel uncomfortable.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    jus klill a white man n get even
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Nothing, it's a movie ? !
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    blazing saddles uses it perfectly lol
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Just watched Bad Liuetenant yesterday... the original one released in '93...

Harvey Keitel who is a junkie cop, listens to the radio in his car as the baseball team he places a bet on loses... he flies into a flaring rage and says, "you ? ? sucking nigg-er" apparently aimed at a black player... I was high at the time watching that ? ... ? had me in stitches LOL

the remake was better to me
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Ounceman wrote: »
    the remake was better to me

That's what I heard... I'll check it out

Nic Cage is that nicca...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Gran tarino is funny
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    That's what I heard... I'll check it out

Nic Cage is that nicca...

Trust me when i say its one of his best roles since face off and raising arizona
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Although its a movie, it does reflect what some whites may think of blacks behind closed doors!
    Back in the day it was heavy, because they were still up front with it!

It doesn't bother me now, because practically everyone is saying it, but c'mon some of it is unneeded!

And honestly, they don't really need to say racial slurs like that when they can use the media to picture what they think a black person is
    and then lie to your face saying "You're beautiful, thats cool, etc" (I'm referring to Precious)
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I dont like it but I do appreciate it. It makes the movie more realistic.. THe writers just develop characters as real as possible. And you're an idiot if you think crackers dont use the word Ni99er like they use the word "The."
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    I ? one of ya.... I ? ya all... ya.... ya little nigglettes!!!!....LMMMAAAAOOOO.. TALES FROM THE HOOD

LMAO!! Man me and my sister use to quote that part all the time.
  • djparamnesia
    djparamnesia Confirm Email Posts: 434
    edited May 2010
    I dont like it but I do appreciate it. It makes the movie more realistic.. THe writers just develop characters as real as possible. And you're an idiot if you think crackers dont use the word Ni99er like they use the word "The."

well u use the word cracka so ? it, what the ? u exspect, yes a great way to end racism is to be racist, well done, or your just contributing to the vicious circle, if someone is racist to a little white kid who ant done ? , what u think hes gna be like when he grows up.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    well u use the word cracka so ? it, what the ? u exspect, yes a great way to end racism is to be racist, well done, or your just contributing to the vicious circle, if someone is racist to a little white kid who ant done ? , what u think hes gna be like when he grows up.

Yeah you're right. If only I would stop using the word ? , crackers would stop being racist pieces of ? . Thanks for the oldest, most ? excuse in the book. Next you're going to try to convince me that I'm the "real" racist and racism would just go away if the Nigras would just "stop complaining" and "blaming 'da man' for their problems" right?

Slaves used the word ? so that created the racism that enslaved them. Blacks use the word ? so thats why a white felon is more likely to get a call back for a job than a a black man with a clean record.

ALLLL because of the vicious cycle I've created by saying the word ? . Shut your stupid ass up and blow your ? brains out. You'd be smarter dead. ? clown.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    you guys get sooo sensitive....lmao
  • djparamnesia
    edited May 2010
    no ? , if u stoped using ? it wouldnt make a difference to every white person. but im saying if your gna say racist ? thn u shudnt say anythin when some white guy is racist. youd get a made at some white guy saying ? nd then call him a ? . how the ? u gna get mad and then do the same thing. nd dnt ? act like u know how i think.
  • djparamnesia
    edited May 2010
    nd ur not no ? slave, slave masters are dead and so are the slaves. fine someone is racist or treats u different thn ? them nd say nd do what u want to them, but ur generalizin every white person, so ur just as ? bad
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    nd ur not no ? slave, slave masters are dead and so are the slaves. fine someone is racist or treats u different thn ? them nd say nd do what u want to them, but ur generalizin every white person, so ur just as ? bad

Woooooord..
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010