Does anybody REALLY believe in these stories of the Fallen Angels / Nephilim? 'Cause I 'unno

2»

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Searching for the full article..
  • Bodhi
    Lol.. This is also very embarrassing for the conspiracy theorists:

I actually took a look at the National Geographic article in reference to Cyclops skeletons found and the article is in reality talking about the remains of an animal distantly related to modern elephants that could have inspired the Cyclops mythology. The article never said they actually found a real Cyclops. Here's an excerpt:

To paleontologists today, the large hole in the center of the skull suggests a pronounced trunk. To the ancient Greeks, Deinotherium skulls could well be the foundation for their tales of the fearsome one-eyed Cyclops.

btw, I looked at the pdfs for the NY times articles but the aforementioned problems are still there.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new York times had an online archive of all past publications. I was able to find both articles that were cited. You are right about them not giving credit to the journalist. So I looked for more issues around the same time on different stories. None of them that I saw on 1912 list the journalist however.
  • Bodhi
    What about any others?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    What about any others?

my bad for the late response. But I was able to go one the new York times website and use their archive search engine to find all of the articles posted. Its really interesting that they found these giant skeletons, yet none of the museums are displaying them.

Im sure there has to be more that haven't been unearthed, but no one other than archeologists are really trying to find anything.

@bodhi