Forever Evil

Options
13»

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6 had some cool moments but the storytelling was a bit sloppy at times
    Batman really never taught ? Grayson how to stop his heart? Im almost positive each of the bat family has had to do it at some point. Stopping brain waves wouldve made more sense.

but good issue nonetheless
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Johnny Quick caught that ether
    How he got bodied by Captain Cold was brutal. Freezing off his legs and breaking them off his body was COT DAMN material

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    E2S it's very simple. This is a new universe. You can't expect continuity from the old universe to carry over unless it's explicitly addressed.
    Alexander Luthor as the hooded guy is something I felt made sense for a while now. I did enjoy the Mazahs twist and the Sylar from Heroes M.O. Also liked how the costume still resembles original pre-crisis Earth 3 Alex Luthor's even down to him still having an L on his chest thanks to the weirdo ligthning insignia he has.

It's about to go down and I can't wait to see Lex and Black Adam in particular face him. Also makes it easy to explain Alexander Luthor Jr.'s power. Son of dark lightning and and Amazon (Earth 3 Lois Lane/Superwoman). The Grayson thing makes me wonder if it's possible for him to become a talon. I see that as being something "different" and a drastic change to the character going forward. Will probably make him more interesting too because New 52 ? Grayson is a lame compared to the pre-Flashpoint Grayson who was top 3 of all time.

I enjoyed Captain Cold a lot and seeing The Outsider and Johnny Quick get what was coming to them was the highlight for me. Especially since I really hated the latter character. I also appreciated seeing a more humanized Batman. People have been overusing the bat ? archetype over the past few years so much that it felt refreshing.

Others read it as Batman being portrayed as dumb and hotheaded. I read it as him being a human being. He got SHOT in the back by a man he doesn't trust and the same man he doesn't trust killed his oldest son. How the hell did people expect him to respond reasonably under those circumstances?
  • Wild Self
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    E2S it's very simple. This is a new universe. You can't expect continuity from the old universe to carry over unless it's explicitly addressed.
    Alexander Luthor as the hooded guy is something I felt made sense for a while now. I did enjoy the Mazahs twist and the Sylar from Heroes M.O. Also liked how the costume still resembles original pre-crisis Earth 3 Alex Luthor's even down to him still having an L on his chest thanks to the weirdo ligthning insignia he has.

It's about to go down and I can't wait to see Lex and Black Adam in particular face him. Also makes it easy to explain Alexander Luthor Jr.'s power. Son of dark lightning and and Amazon (Earth 3 Lois Lane/Superwoman). The Grayson thing makes me wonder if it's possible for him to become a talon. I see that as being something "different" and a drastic change to the character going forward. Will probably make him more interesting too because New 52 ? Grayson is a lame compared to the pre-Flashpoint Grayson who was top 3 of all time.

I enjoyed Captain Cold a lot and seeing The Outsider and Johnny Quick get what was coming to them was the highlight for me. Especially since I really hated the latter character. I also appreciated seeing a more humanized Batman. People have been overusing the bat ? archetype over the past few years so much that it felt refreshing.

Others read it as Batman being portrayed as dumb and hotheaded. I read it as him being a human being. He got SHOT in the back by a man he doesn't trust and the same man he doesn't trust killed his oldest son. How the hell did people expect him to respond reasonably under those circumstances?
    I agree with that. Despite the new 52 not changing much for the Batman side, ? Grayson's history obviously been butchered because of that "5 years ago" ? . It would be cool to see ? go from Robin To Nightwing to a Talon. It also would mean the Talon identity is the only thing that ? has left to fight crime.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    After 2 months of waiting issue 7 is finally here and despite the delay it really came through. Johns still remembers how to end an event. Everything I predicted regarding certain Earth 3 characters and a big DCU baddie months ago pretty much went through. Crisis anniversary is next year after all.

I like the friendship being formed between Sinestro and Black Adam, makes sense considering their governing views. Also Lex Luthor was a complete G. I haven't seen him serve this much ether in years but Johns never forgets how to write him. Between this and The Black Ring Luthor has had some of the greatest stories about him yet in recent times. Now I gotta read that Justice League #30

MAJOR SPOILERS ahead though so if you want to go in fresh don't even look

11ak50l.jpg

25gaozt.jpg

2n1fdwo.jpg

24v0b5u.jpg

ta5wnr.jpg

• earth two superman
    Options
    not checking out any spoilers till I can pick up FE and JL. But Im happy that Johns delivered. This finally feels like the New 52s first real big event.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Great issue and a satisfying conclusion.It really was the lex luthor show, and it was very cool seeing the last page, even though Im not sold on the design yet.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Great issue and a satisfying conclusion.It really was the lex luthor show, and it was very cool seeing the last page, even though Im not sold on the design yet.

Why? it's the characters original design. I always preferred that to the toyetic design he got in the last issue of the crisis series that has been used since that issue.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lex was in rare form. Good finale even though it took them long enough
  • Wild Self
    Options
    Lex stole the show and straight ? on the Crime Syndicate
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    how long yall think lex gonna be a good guy
  • Broddie
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Lex isn't a good guy right now though.
    Most obviously since he's gonna blackmail Batman to get on the JL now that he knows he's Bruce Wayne.

See the thing with Lex Luthor at least in the comic books anyway is that he isn't a mustache twirler. There are shades of grey to him. This wouldn't be the first time he's teamed up with heroes for the greater good of the DCU and it won't be the last. He's a very malleable character; that's the case with a lot of the DC villains though they're very multilayered and not flat out villains.

Lex is not good or bad just an egomaniac who does what he considers to be best for humanity in his eyes. It's his lack of moral center and ego that put him at odds with Superman but if he had that in check they'd probably be the best of friends.
  • Wild Self
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Lex isn't a good guy right now though.
    Most obviously since he's gonna blackmail Batman to get on the JL now that he knows he's Bruce Wayne.

See the thing with Lex Luthor at least in the comic books anyway is that he isn't a mustache twirler. There are shades of grey to him. This wouldn't be the first time he's teamed up with heroes for the greater good of the DCU and it won't be the last. He's a very malleable character; that's the case with a lot of the DC villains though they're very multilayered and not flat out villains.

Lex is not good or bad just an egomaniac who does what he considers to be best for humanity in his eyes. It's his lack of moral center and ego that put him at odds with Superman but if he had that in check they'd probably be the best of friends.

If DC was smart, they can make a massive paradigm shift and make their villains become more efficient than the JL, by far. To tell you the truth, the JL wouldn't have been able to wipe out the Crime Syndicate out like on the scale of Lex and co. did.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    What's the chances Bruce hit Diana behind Clark's back? That ? with Bats and the lasso of truth makes you wonder. Even Selina went wtf on that
  • earth two superman
    Options
    nah I dont think Bruce would. He probably does care for her more than he lets on though.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    ^^^Yeah, it would probably be a stretch of Bruce's character to betray Clark like that. But I do remember somebody from DC was commenting on Diana and Clark's relationship and said something along the lines that it would end very badly. I'm just wonder if Bruce will play a part in that in some capacity.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    well when they had the lasso on Lex, it seemed like his intentions are now good... but we will see