WE ARE NOT EXPECTED TO UNDERSTAND ? !

Religion is a divisive and intrusive structure that can deviate man from his intended purpose. All of these religions with all of these beliefs and yet you can pick and choose the one u want to benefit from. And one is no better than the next with the idea that the ultimate intention is to get closer to your Creator and become a better person...thereby benefiting humanity and the world at large in the process. How can any ONE be the TRUE faith if ALL people can benefit from other ideas?

The only difference is that they have particular theologies that result in a particular set of beliefs, practices, and rituals that are exclusive to them. However they are all traveling towards ? with the sincere intention of getting close to him. So how can any one of these roads be "wrong". And again how can any one claim to be superior when other roads lead to the same destination that they themselves seek? Who has received divine proof from ? that their religion is indeed the true religion of man? NONE! And yet Christians and Muslims in particular lay claim to Heaven/Paradise as a gift to them.

Where did this idea even come from? I mean I get the general idea of ? , and there being different people, from different cultures, who would in turn have different understandings of him. But when exactly did the idea of "one way" come about? You could say Abraham because he ushered in the idea of "One ? " which to me is more a "way" as opposed to an idea. But it seems to have started with the Jews...this official declaration that "my way is the only way" and all others go to hell. I don't think that many so called "? fearing" persons have really explored this concept and what it means.

What you are essentially saying is that a person's moral and ethical worth are ultimately going to be irrelevant in the eyes of ? . Which means that no one other than a Christian/Muslim is going to even be judged. After-all...why would ? even judge you if the very idea that you didn't believe in his faith constituted your destruction? What it basically means is that first everyone other than the Christian/Muslim is gonna be thrown into the fire, and then ? can get down to the business of sorting out the "good" from the "bad" Christian/Muslim only.

What does that mean for anyone you have ever met, or will meet that doesn't believe what you do? You can grow to love them, they can love you in return, but in the end u have to understand that your beliefs dictate this person's annihilation. We all get the same sickening feeling when we hear that...something doesn't seem right. But religion is like a box, and if things don't fit neatly in the box and you aren't willing to crawl out of it then u won't have room for anything more. You'll simply jettison new thinking because it doesn't comfortably fit your present foundation. So we begin to compromise our true nature to conform to what makes us comfortable.

I'm looking for TRUTH not RELIGION. Now if I happen to find TRUTH within RELIGION then so be it, but it hasn't happened yet. And because I am looking for TRUTH there is no RELIGION that can supersede the quest for it. I will absolutely obliterate these created walls in pursuit of it. We have been lied to on soooooo many levels as human beings. These devils have divided men on the spiritual level which is exactly why we have so many divisions and superiority complexes on other levels: gender, race, preference, nationality, wealth, education, etc.

Now what's important to conclude is that I believe that the ultimate goal of a religious person is to become one with the universe. And this will manifest itself to the world through this individual's good character. But it's important to note that religion is just the means to an end. And that end can be achieved without religion, but is still dependent on keeping your creator close to your heart. It's still gonna require you making a conscious effort to be a good person, but the result will be the same. I could've said much more but I'm interested to hear some opinions.

Comments

• Abdul_Shaheed_2000
    Abdul_Shaheed_2000 Members Posts: 6
    One thing I wanna add is that basically ? doesn't care how we improve ourselves morally...he just wants us to do it. Of course the creation is going to misinterpret the Creator. He would not hold that against us.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only objective truth is that we choose what we believe
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I wanna add is that basically ? doesn't care how we improve ourselves morally...he just wants us to do it. Of course the creation is going to misinterpret the Creator. He would not hold that against us.

Thw problem with this is that the idea of "improving" yourself varies depending on your belief system.

So what may be deemed as good to on group, may not be good to the next. So how do we find out what is "good" in the eyes of the Most High and what is not?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    The truth is...that man can be divisive and intrusive. Man can distort the true intentions of everything. Religion is just the means in which to carry out the deeds...no more than someone uses politics or drugs or...a pair of shoes.
  • Abdul_Shaheed_2000
    KingSimba wrote: »

Thw problem with this is that the idea of "improving" yourself varies depending on your belief system.

So what may be deemed as good to on group, may not be good to the next. So how do we find out what is "good" in the eyes of the Most High and what is not?

That is ridiculously easy my good man...good morals and ethics are universal. And even a person who isn't "religious" can develop them. Killing, stealing, hurting, lying, being inconsiderate, lacking compassion, being greedy, etc. a person doesn't need a religion to know that these aren't good qualities. That little voice or feeling that we have inside of us is a direct connection to ? ...that's all we need. A religion just puts a tangible face on the idea of expressing one's adoration and appreciation for their creator.

So imagine a ? fearing person who isn't affiliated with a religion standing next to a ? fearing person who is a Christian/Muslim. Both of them are beautiful people and both of them make a conscious effort to honor their creator and his creation. So then what's the difference? The only difference is that the religious person has a specific set of beliefs, practices, and rituals that accompany their general respect and understanding of ? .

So if this nonreligious person is punished it won't be because they are lacking in morals and ethics, it will be simply because of their theology. To believe that ? would be that petty and spiteful is actually insulting to him.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »

determinism argues otherwise
  • Abdul_Shaheed_2000
    Trashboat wrote: »

What is that even supposed to mean yo? Elaboration is a beautiful thing...so is originality. The original poster of that quote was cryptic enough without you simply reposting it again. Say something stimulating or fall back.
  • Abdul_Shaheed_2000

What is that even supposed to mean yo? Elaboration is a beautiful thing...so is originality. The original poster of that quote was cryptic enough without you simply reposting it again. Say something stimulating or fall back.

My bad...I didn't realize u actually said something. That idea is actually somewhat along the line of what I'm saying. I wouldn't go that far, but the sentiment that we won't be held accountable at all is akin to the idea of not being held accountable for irrelevant theological factors.

• zombie

I reject raw determinism
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

I reject raw determinism

How does that work with a deity that wills everything?
  • zombie

I reject raw determinism

How does that work with a deity that wills everything?

But ? does not will everything we have free will and make choices that he does not want us to
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Wonders What Happens To Humans After They Die

News • religion • ? • News • ISSUE 50•22 • Jun 4, 2014

700.jpg?8587

THE HEAVENS—Calling it one of the greatest mysteries in life, the Lord ? Almighty, Our Heavenly Father, admitted Wednesday that He often wonders what happens to human beings after they die.

The Creator of Heaven and Earth, who said He has often grappled over the millennia with the uncomfortable reality that humans never come back after they die, told reporters He had “absolutely no idea” what, if anything, people experience once their vital organs permanently cease to function.

“Some say that when people die, that’s the end, but who knows?” said the Supreme Being, adding that no one in the world could say with any degree of certainty whether one’s existence completely ceases with death. “Others say that at the moment they die, people walk toward a bright light and into another world, but the thing is, only the people who die are the ones who know. I just know that it would be awfully sad to think that when they pass on they’re gone forever.”

“I want to believe that human beings continue on in some form after their deaths,” He continued, “but who am I to say, really?”

The ? of Abraham said that the varied religious and spiritual beliefs about the afterlife held by His 7.1 billion human creations were “nothing more than speculation,” before noting that He doesn’t think science and philosophy have all the answers, either. He emphasized that He understands intellectually that human beings are physical things that He made from atoms like everything else, but that He couldn’t help but wonder if they each also possessed some unique eternal essence that continued living on after their bodies died.

He Who Commanded Light to Shine Out of Darkness went on to state that accepting death as a natural part of human life did not make it any less frightening for Him to contemplate, remarking that it was “pretty scary” to think that once the people He brought into this world die, He might never see them again.

“Of course it’s comforting to imagine that [Cincinnati resident] Doris [Hughes], [Volgograd, Russia, resident] Mikhail [Pavlychko], and [Derby, U.K., resident] Fran [Grimmell] are smiling down on me from somewhere,” the Divine Creator said. “If I’m being honest with myself, though, I really can’t say where any of those people are now.”

“That’s the troubling thing,” He added. “They’re living and breathing one minute with all their thoughts and desires known to me, and then they’re gone forever the next.”

Concluding that when it came to what He described as “the great, unknowable beyond” His guess was “as good as anyone’s,” the Lord said there was no point in worrying too much about such an inscrutable thing.

“My view—take it or leave it—is that you can talk and argue as much as you want about death, but when it comes down to it, all anyone can do is guess what’s on the other side,” ? Almighty said. “In the meantime, humans should enjoy themselves, try to live honestly, be good to one another, and make the most of their time on earth.”

“Because, like it or not, I’ll end all of their lives sooner or later,” He added. “There’s simply no escaping that.”
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares live life and have fun.
  • zombie
    Who cares live life and have fun.

There is more to life than fun in fact most humans live in horror OR POVERTY