Boko Harem terror group kidnaps MORE Nigerian girls, leader says Islam allows him to sell the girls

Options
12346»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    118 people are dead now from that attack....I guess Nigeria is one place I'll put in my never to visit destination smh...Nigeria is a basket case at this point. Maniac Muslims are running wild there and ? Muslims show no sign of slowing down. Reason # 9000 why I cannot stand religion
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seems like Nigeria is slowly turning into Iraq.....I'm sure the hatred against Muslims will grow like crazy after all this ? , and I wouldn't blame anyone in Nigeria who does, assuming the early reports are true
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Asari Dokubo still insisting no girls are missing, leads protest against the girls - See more at

10325683_712909035418085_4261611490810751840_n.jpg

10314620_712909428751379_6551762460709456294_n.jpg

http://famenaija.com/asari-dokubo-still-insisting-girls-missing-leads-protest-girls/
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Despite a video released yesterday by Boko Haram showing the kidnapped Chibok girls, ex-militant Asari Dokubo is still insisting it’s all a scam. He led an anti-bringbackourgirls protest yesterday and shared photos and the message above on his Facebook page. At least our president believes they were kidnapped…that’s what matters most. See more photos after the cut… - See more at: http://famenaija.com/asari-dokubo-still-insisting-girls-missing-leads-protest-girls/#sthash.CypULQiZ.dpuf

10365774_712908788751443_3110600520793895825_n.jpg

10365958_712909685418020_606648351091657775_n.jpg

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    What a disaster that would be if that happens. The Nigerian govt is incapable of defending the people, the least they can do is let the people defend themselves. CNN said on Friday Nigerian villagers killed over 200 Boko Haram militants, I hope they ? a whole lot more. And any village that defends or protects Boko Haram would get dozens of my rifle shots too. They gotta make an example out of them wherever they stay at
    i suppose i am inspired by Mexico, where when citizens get armed to fight drug traffickers, the government worries more about them than said drug traffickers. but we'll see!

• kingblaze84
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Despite a video released yesterday by Boko Haram showing the kidnapped Chibok girls, ex-militant Asari Dokubo is still insisting it’s all a scam. He led an anti-bringbackourgirls protest yesterday and shared photos and the message above on his Facebook page. At least our president believes they were kidnapped…that’s what matters most. See more photos after the cut… - See more at: http://famenaija.com/asari-dokubo-still-insisting-girls-missing-leads-protest-girls/#sthash.CypULQiZ.dpuf

10365774_712908788751443_3110600520793895825_n.jpg

10365958_712909685418020_606648351091657775_n.jpg

Wow, amazing photos. But what about the many people protesting in Nigeria who say their daughters are missing? Even the Nigerian govt is admitting kids are missing, so what gives?
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    What a disaster that would be if that happens. The Nigerian govt is incapable of defending the people, the least they can do is let the people defend themselves. CNN said on Friday Nigerian villagers killed over 200 Boko Haram militants, I hope they ? a whole lot more. And any village that defends or protects Boko Haram would get dozens of my rifle shots too. They gotta make an example out of them wherever they stay at
    i suppose i am inspired by Mexico, where when citizens get armed to fight drug traffickers, the government worries more about them than said drug traffickers. but we'll see!

Yeah what the vigilantes are doing in Mexico is great, although some are abusing their power. That goes for anyone in Nigerian govt too though so it can all even out. I hope the Nigerian govt realizes just how much easier the Nigerian hunters are making their job
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Damn, Nigeria IS IRAQ now....48 killed due to Boko Haram militants attacking a Christian village smfh....

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-extremists-attack-more-villages-48-dead-155717230.html

JOS, Nigeria (AP) — Boko Haram militants attacked three villages in Nigeria, killing 48 people, residents said Wednesday, as rescue workers in the central city of Jos searched for the missing a day after two car bombs killed more than 100.

One of the villages that were attacked between Tuesday night and early Wednesday lies near the town of Chibok, where more than 300 schoolgirls were kidnapped last month.

The reports came from residents and were confirmed by a state intelligence agent who spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to give information to reporters.

Apagu Maidaga of Alagarno village said residents hid in the bush and watched while the extremists set ablaze their homes of thatch-roofed mud huts.

--The people in that village really gotta step their gun game up. Boko Haram is just playing with Jos at this point, where is the protection? Why is Nigeria's govt so ? weak, this is supposed to be the powerhouse of Africa? Good job too Boko Haram, if you wanted people to hate Islam and Muslims even more then many do, congrats, mission accomplished. African governments will be banging on America's door asking for drones now.
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah what the vigilantes are doing in Mexico is great, although some are abusing their power.
    thing is, between cartels and the government, i'm not sure that abuse means anything.
    Why is Nigeria's govt so ? weak, this is supposed to be the powerhouse of Africa?
    i believe this specifically was my knock against calling Nigeria the powerhouse of Africa; South Africa may have lost a lot of ground recently, but at least they don't have a serious, long-standing insurgency boiling over

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nigeria proves once again that money is not always power.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw another report on the news bout how the US was sending troops with "special technology" to help find the girls. With all this confusion, they managed to get they foot in the door.

Eighty American service members are on the ground in North Africa to oversee drone operations in the search for the 276 abducted Nigerian schoolgirls, the Obama administration said Wednesday.

The White House formally notified Congress that the troops are in the neighboring African nation of Chad. The mission includes 40 people to operate and maintain the Predator drone and 40 more to protect the force.

“These personnel will support the operation of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance aircraft for missions over northern Nigeria and the surrounding area,” President Barack Obama said in a letter. “The force will remain in Chad until its support in resolving the kidnapping situation is no longer required.”

The White House notified Congress under the War Powers Resolution, which kicks in when armed U.S. forces enter a foreign nation’s territory. All 80 are combat-armed for personnel protection.

US Drone Scans Eastern Nigeria for Missing Girls
    Nightly News

The schoolgirls were taken more than a month ago by the Islamist terror group Boko Haram, which has demanded the release of militant prisoners in exchange for freeing the girls.

The commanding general of U.S. Army forces in Africa was sent to Nigeria earlier this month to help the Nigerian government in the search.

Uniformed American military were already in the region to help with embassy security and to coordinate with the Nigerian government. It was known before Wednesday that the Predator drone was involved, but not that it was based in Chad.

Boko Haram is believed to have carried out two attacks in Nigeria this week alone — a twin bombing in the city of Jos and an assault on three villages. In all, more than 166 people were killed.
    — Jim Miklaszewski, Courtney Kube and Erin McClam
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Nigeria proves once again that money is not always power.

Yeah someone is pocketing that tax money or Nigeria isn't collecting enough of the money that's being made there
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yeah what the vigilantes are doing in Mexico is great, although some are abusing their power.
    thing is, between cartels and the government, i'm not sure that abuse means anything.
    Why is Nigeria's govt so ? weak, this is supposed to be the powerhouse of Africa?
    i believe this specifically was my knock against calling Nigeria the powerhouse of Africa; South Africa may have lost a lot of ground recently, but at least they don't have a serious, long-standing insurgency boiling over

Yeah true, I'll take a vigilante over possible cartel or Boko Haram guys kidnapping my daughters. The cartels were kidnapping girls in Mexico for a long time too. Z-40 orchestrated some crazy bus kidnappings and turned some of the men into hitmen by force. The women were sold into sexual slavery or were killed. Those kind of things have been reduced in Mexico, notice you don't see the same amount of crazy cartel stories we heard about last year.

Regarding Nigeria, yeah it socially has a lot more problems then Ghana, Kenya, and other less powerful African countries. I would think South Africa is a little better, although it has some serious issues too. But I'll take South Africa's high crime rate over mass kidnappings and suicide bombings....
  • janklow
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    The White House notified Congress under the War Powers Resolution, which kicks in when armed U.S. forces enter a foreign nation’s territory. All 80 are combat-armed for personnel protection.
    in fairness, it really COULD be a short-term thing ... but i guess we'll find out
    Regarding Nigeria, yeah it socially has a lot more problems then Ghana, Kenya, and other less powerful African countries. I would think South Africa is a little better, although it has some serious issues too. But I'll take South Africa's high crime rate over mass kidnappings and suicide bombings....
    can i have a third option where the country isn't as powerful but has neither the high crime OR the terror attacks
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    in fairness, it really COULD be a short-term thing ... but i guess we'll find out
    can i have a third option where the country isn't as powerful but has neither the high crime OR the terror attacks

I'm sure there's third options out there in Africa lol
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Fairly hopeful news today, Nigeria's govt is now saying they know exactly where the girls are now, they just don't know the best way to get them back without prisoner swaps and ransom money.....tricky situation since prison swaps and giving them money will only encourage more mass kidnappings

https://screen.yahoo.com/impasse-rescue-girls-abducted-extremists-095649751.html
  • janklow
    Options
    i guess for now i'll vote for the nebulous "Africa" destination Nas kept talking about in Belly

• kingblaze84
    Options
    i guess for now i'll vote for the nebulous "Africa" destination Nas kept talking about in Belly

I saw the movie Blended this weekend and according to Blended, some parts of Africa looks like a paradise, even if the movie takes place in South Africa. So there's hope out there
  • janklow
    Options
    I saw the movie Blended this weekend and according to Blended, some parts of Africa looks like a paradise, even if the movie takes place in South Africa. So there's hope out there
    not falling for these Hollywood tricks and special effects.
    Nasir Jones, don't let me down now

• kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    not falling for these Hollywood tricks and special effects.
    Nasir Jones, don't let me down now

IDK man, Terry Crews and Adam ? seemed to be having the time of their lives there. Even a random, vague place in Africa may show you a good time, minus Liberia or Sierra Leone. Also probably Zimbabwe, although a trillion dollar bill would be a hell of a souvenir! I'd be shocked if I wouldn't get some good currency exchange for that, I mean damn, it is a trillion dollar bill
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    American govt officials doubt Nigeria has found the school girls smh.....what a nightmare the parents of these girls must be going through now

http://news.yahoo.com/us-skeptical-nigeria-claim-schoolgirls-located-224156000.html
  • janklow
    Options
    IDK man, Terry Crews and Adam ? seemed to be having the time of their lives there. Even a random, vague place in Africa may show you a good time, minus Liberia or Sierra Leone.
    i think the way it works is that if you're rich as ? , every country can be an awesome place to live