Pentagon directive outlines Obama's plan to use military force against US citizens

Black Boy King
Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in The Social Lounge
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/28/inside-the-ring-directive-outlines-obamas-policy-t/

A 2010 Pentagon directive on military support to civilian authorities details what critics say is a troubling policy that envisions the Obama administration’s potential use of military force against Americans.

The directive contains noncontroversial provisions on support to civilian fire and emergency services, special events and the domestic use of the Army Corps of Engineers.

The troubling aspect of the directive outlines presidential authority for the use of military arms and forces, including unarmed drones, in operations against domestic unrest.

This appears to be the latest step in the administration’s decision to use force within the United States against its citizens,” said a defense official opposed to the directive.

Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” was issued Dec. 29, 2010, and states that U.S. commanders “are provided emergency authority under this directive.”

“Federal military forces shall not be used to quell civil disturbances unless specifically authorized by the president in accordance with applicable law or permitted under emergency authority,” the directive states.

“In these circumstances, those federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the president is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances” under two conditions.

The conditions include military support needed “to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order.” A second use is when federal, state and local authorities “are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for federal property or federal governmental functions.”

“Federal action, including the use of federal military forces, is authorized when necessary to protect the federal property or functions,” the directive states.

Military assistance can include loans of arms, ammunition, vessels and aircraft. The directive states clearly that it is for engaging civilians during times of unrest.

Comments

• Black Boy King
    INB4 the IC ostriches

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJo-Re2WAkZqG50Rv5OaTADs716t8F7__Vn6BOgNSIvqW5MowoeyUgfTM
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Times of unrest huh?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itd be dumb as a govt, any govt of any country to not have a plan like this. Not saying its right, just saying.

Govt got plans on how to fight zombies and aliens, yall really suprised by thi?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what it says is if ? hits the fan. The president can authorize the armed forces to help quell the situation.

Since the article piecemeal the statement, It is just like when the governor calls in the national guard.

Yes the Governor has the same powers as the President.

You didnt know that?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »
    So what it says is if ? hits the fan. The president can authorize the armed forces to help quell the situation.

Since the article piecemeal the statement, It is just like when the governor calls in the national guard.

You didnt know that?

but....

What about the timing of all this?

Why at a time when the majority of people dont trust the government and express their disdain for it?

Why is this just now happening if its common practice for governments.

Ironic this comes out when Iran starts talking crazy about the USA.

So like ahk said....
    Judah Back wrote: »
    INB4 the IC ostriches

• h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new. They want to control what they fear and the people scare the ? of them. Especially when they realize that they have the actual power. Better keep your guns with you and stay felon-free! If you don't believe your own government will ? you to protect its interest, just wait until the ? hits the fan.....and it will, just a matter of time.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good

Americans been too rebellious lately
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so....

which city will become the first Arkham City?

i say detroit...

Florida needs to be ? that.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't ride with Obama, but y'all same ? was screaming about the executive order Bush passed thru that would have granted him all this power/keep him in office & he is long gone.

They have plans for everything I'm sure they got a plan to handle us when this country falls.
    They got plans to invade Canada too, I guess Obama is on the war path.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »

You didnt know that?

but....

What about the timing of all this?

Why at a time when the majority of people dont trust the government and express their disdain for it?

Why is this just now happening if its common practice for governments.

Ironic this comes out when Iran starts talking crazy about the USA.

So like ahk said....
    INB4 the IC ostriches

Timing? bruh you four years late! It is 2014. that pentagon directive is from 2010.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    h8rhurta wrote: »
    Nothing new. They want to control what they fear and the people scare the ? of them. Especially when they realize that they have the actual power. Better keep your guns with you and stay felon-free! If you don't believe your own government will ? you to protect its interest, just wait until the ? hits the fan.....and it will, just a matter of time.

Exactly, it's only a matter of time.....hopefully not in our lifetime but we will see
  • kingblaze84
    brown321 wrote: »
    I don't ride with Obama, but y'all same ? was screaming about the executive order Bush passed thru that would have granted him all this power/keep him in office & he is long gone.

They have plans for everything I'm sure they got a plan to handle us when this country falls.
    They got plans to invade Canada too, I guess Obama is on the war path.

Plans to invade Canada?? Wow sounds like the Fallout game, in that game America invades Canada for oil and natural gas in the future, when oil supplies are low
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they're doing what you would expect a person to do if they want to be prepared for any given situation. Nothing new. Nothing surprising.
  • Black Boy King
    So I guess everyone has already been anticipating a civil war/unrest and chaos would occur soon...?

Damn I ain't get the memo then lol. So what are y'all doing to prep?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Plans to invade Canada?? Wow sounds like the Fallout game, in that game America invades Canada for oil and natural gas in the future, when oil supplies are low
    wait, i thought that scenario was "invade Canada before China can"
    So I guess everyone has already been anticipating a civil war/unrest and chaos would occur soon...?

do we want to talk about it on the internet...

• kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    janklow wrote: »
    wait, i thought that scenario was "invade Canada before China can"

do we want to talk about it on the internet...

Ok you could be right on the Canada thing, I haven't played Fallout 3 or New Vegas in ages.....

I also agree on the second thing, I don't feel comfortable saying online EVERYTHING I'm doing to prepare for eventual unrest in America but I'll mention a few.....

Stacking up on food, money, paper towels, toothpaste, and batteries. I have other items too but I'll keep that to myself...I'm also preparing for the future by not having children. The future for children in America is not bright at all, I hope I'm wrong....I'm 30 and it makes me sad seeing what this young generation is going through these days. It makes me sadder knowing how bleak America's future will be in 10 plus years, my mom already says she doesn't recognize America anymore. Things seem to get worse for the future everyday....
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sad thing is if Bush admin would have issued this same brief then kats on here would be up in arms...
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    sad thing is if Bush admin would have issued this same brief then kats on here would be up in arms...

Yeah but Obama is Black, so therefore, everything he does is okay. Even if his policies, like Bush, have almost completely ? the country up.