Lance Stephenson

13»

Comments

• fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they might re-sign him cuz the Pacers like his toughness. Bird been in love with him.

Probably cuz he the only Pacer that'd pull the gully ? Bird did back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD3gE-Hy_Hg
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tyreke played well in stretches off the bench last year, and i doubt hibbert was a priority ahead of stevenson, even tho im sure he wanted to be.

You doubt it...as in you're not sure. Them nggas probly dont know either. Their gift was their curse. Whats the hierarchy? Who gets the right shots and when? Thats how Lance is made to be the fall guy.
  • S2J
    S2J wrote: »
    He's basically Tyreke Evans to me. Great size, strong handle, can create in isolations, good defenders but ball-dominant as hell and can stagnate an offense. Only difference is Lance is just more enigmatic.

You could have just described Dwayne Wade. What seperates players is the confidence the player has and the confidence others have in him

You hear people say 'such n such is xyz with heart/confidence' all the time, so if u ask me Tyreke Evans with heart AND a J is a potential star

Wade doesn't need isolation to score, a lot of his buckets come from cutting and posting up. Plus he's a much better defender than both of em.

I'm refering to pre-Lebron Wade. Wade was another example of basically the SG and PG for this team. And there was nothing wrong with that. When it works, no one complains.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's basically Tyreke Evans to me. Great size, strong handle, can create in isolations, good defenders but ball-dominant as hell and can stagnate an offense. Only difference is Lance is just more enigmatic.

You could have just described Dwayne Wade. What seperates players is the confidence the player has and the confidence others have in him

You hear people say 'such n such is xyz with heart/confidence' all the time, so if u ask me Tyreke Evans with heart AND a J is a potential star

Wade doesn't need isolation to score, a lot of his buckets come from cutting and posting up. Plus he's a much better defender than both of em.

I'm refering to pre-Lebron Wade. Wade was another example of basically the SG and PG for this team. And there was nothing wrong with that. When it works, no one complains.

There's a difference between doing that because you have to and doing it because that's the only way you can score. Evans and Stephenson are part of the latter.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lance is the fall guy for his recent antics(talking ? then folding, flopping, etc) ? been shittin on Hibbert for over 2 seasons now, I been saying that ? shouldn't b asking for the ball like that
  • S2J
    edited June 2014

There's a difference between doing that because you have to and doing it because that's the only way you can score. Evans and Stephenson are part of the latter.

Again, the Evans comparison simply does not fly.

Evans this year shot 43% and 22% from 3.
    Lance shot 49% and 35% from 3.

Then some will say, 'Well maybe his fg% is inflated b/c he played with a better team'

Well PG also shot 43% this year. Danny Granger when he was in Lance's role, as an ALL STAR, shot barely over 40%

Even if you disregard the fg's%, Lance being capable of knocking down the open 3 completely dismisses the claim "thats the only way he can score". And he actually creates off the dribble more than shoots. He's a much better finisher than Tyreke, mainly b/c he's stronger. Then him being a better shooter...that argument is dead.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    OKC got two 1st rd draft picks maybe they could send one to Indy for him. But who knows if they could coexist on the court. But just from the aspect of a Lance skill set he would fit well.

Born Ready and Westbrook in the same backcourt? There'd be a physical altercation between those two before the season even started.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has heart.. He didn't back down or ? up against Lebron. He took on the challenge. During the whole series he was the only one constantly hustling and competing and bringing energy. Yall mad because he didn't respect Lebron enough. ? that I'm going at him. Paul George was all passive not wanting to disrespect Lebron. Lance didn't. He did everything to gain a edge. No one talks about the elbows Lebron was throwing. The kid is a star. The right coach will work wonders with him.

no ones mad, ? just did stupid ass ? and lebron buss his ass n/h. ? is a damn clown. u say constantly hustling and competing, yall forgot about not showing up for quarters in a row, constant ball stopping so pg and west cant get the ball, floppin like a fish outta water and having his teammates have to pick his ? up, talkin bout he in lebron head then gettin locked the ? down, lol @ elbows lebron was throwin, if lance really had heart like yall say that ? wouldnt matter. the right coach might work for bruh, but superstar..ehh.

Thats a testament to Indy's structure. Quick, name me Indy's top 4 offensive priorities, in order.

You cant.

PG is the first option. But he's timid. Then it's...uhhh, David West?? He's an immoblie forward. Either he shoot sthat J, or takes 5 seconds on a backdown. then Hibbert, oh no wait he disappeared, then its Stephenson, but do we want him to score or to facilitate, since our starting "point guard" is not a point guard.

Lance was the only person on that team that can get ? goin outside the box wise, in a half court set. Lance in a situation where his role is clearly defined would flourish.

Thank you Lance was the only Pacer that got his own shot consistently. The ball wasn't moving because the Pacers half court offense was a ? and stagnant. Lance at least tried to work the pick and roll and make the correct pass when Miami trapped. What also killed Pacers was no real 3 point shooting. Lance was breaking down the Heat so well that had to put the quicker Norris Cole to try to neutralize his probing the heat defense. Plus Hibbert stone hands and slow gather for wide open layups that allowed Miami to recover.
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    He has heart.. He didn't back down or ? up against Lebron. He took on the challenge. During the whole series he was the only one constantly hustling and competing and bringing energy. Yall mad because he didn't respect Lebron enough. ? that I'm going at him. Paul George was all passive not wanting to disrespect Lebron. Lance didn't. He did everything to gain a edge. No one talks about the elbows Lebron was throwing. The kid is a star. The right coach will work wonders with him.

no ones mad, ? just did stupid ass ? and lebron buss his ass n/h. ? is a damn clown. u say constantly hustling and competing, yall forgot about not showing up for quarters in a row, constant ball stopping so pg and west cant get the ball, floppin like a fish outta water and having his teammates have to pick his ? up, talkin bout he in lebron head then gettin locked the ? down, lol @ elbows lebron was throwin, if lance really had heart like yall say that ? wouldnt matter. the right coach might work for bruh, but superstar..ehh.

Thats a testament to Indy's structure. Quick, name me Indy's top 4 offensive priorities, in order.

You cant.

PG is the first option. But he's timid. Then it's...uhhh, David West?? He's an immoblie forward. Either he shoot sthat J, or takes 5 seconds on a backdown. then Hibbert, oh no wait he disappeared, then its Stephenson, but do we want him to score or to facilitate, since our starting "point guard" is not a point guard.

Lance was the only person on that team that can get ? goin outside the box wise, in a half court set. Lance in a situation where his role is clearly defined would flourish.

Thank you Lance was the only Pacer that got his own shot consistently. The ball wasn't moving because the Pacers half court offense was a ? and stagnant. Lance at least tried to work the pick and roll and make the correct pass when Miami trapped. What also killed Pacers was no real 3 point shooting. Lance was breaking down the Heat so well that had to put the quicker Norris Cole to try to neutralize his probing the heat defense. Plus Hibbert stone hands and slow gather for wide open layups that allowed Miami to recover.

I noticed this A LOT. Him w/ the poor body language when Hibbert cant catch a pass or Hill passes up a good 3.

Im tellin u man, a 6'5 230 SG who can knock down the j, create, etc. These nggas nitpickin. A good coach is in heaven w/ that skill-set.

For some reason, probly bc he seems older, people dont look at him as a young player. Look what Bledsoe is doin w/ starter's minutes after showing glimpses. Look what Harden is doing.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe in Lance abilities. If there was basketball stock I would put stock in him being an multiple all-star moving forward.

Either way this thread def gonna be one of those threads that's gonna be re-upped yearly for years to come.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BDB wrote: »
    I believe in Lance abilities. If there was basketball stock I would put stock in him being an multiple all-star moving forward.

Either way this thread def gonna be one of those threads that's gonna be re-upped yearly for years to come.

All star? Most def

Superstar? No

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a few superstars in the league.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    It's only a few superstars in the league.

And lance is gonna b 1 of them
    #Broooooklyn
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Lance is an good talent but he is a little too reckless to be giving up major money from a team. He cost himself probably like 10 mill out of his next deal by playing like a fool. He also gives me the smart dumb ? vibes. Like the type that comes up with ideas that seem brilliant to him but are just dumb. The type that need parental guidance or you question whether he was dropped as a kid or something like that. "Let me get in LeBron head, let me try to get LeBron tossed and we can win this series." He also doesn't seem like the type of dude that is liked in the locker room. I aint say he a cancer but he aint the dude you want to really play with. He is also a stat chaser too on the low.

Whoever posted his rap sheet I know he was a kid or whatever but it all makes sense lol

He needs a coach that will be like a disciplinarian voice to keep him in check or a locker room voice that will put him in check.

Chicago
    Memphis
    and probably back to Indy are his best options IMO.

I wouldn't give dude no more than 8 million/yr for 3-4 yrs.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry Bird said he will resign Lance for the right price
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thagame wrote: »
    Lance is an good talent but he is a little too reckless to be giving up major money from a team. He cost himself probably like 10 mill out of his next deal by playing like a fool. He also gives me the smart dumb ? vibes. Like the type that comes up with ideas that seem brilliant to him but are just dumb. The type that need parental guidance or you question whether he was dropped as a kid or something like that. "Let me get in LeBron head, let me try to get LeBron tossed and we can win this series." He also doesn't seem like the type of dude that is liked in the locker room. I aint say he a cancer but he aint the dude you want to really play with. He is also a stat chaser too on the low.

Whoever posted his rap sheet I know he was a kid or whatever but it all makes sense lol

He needs a coach that will be like a disciplinarian voice to keep him in check or a locker room voice that will put him in check.

Chicago
    Memphis
    and probably back to Indy are his best options IMO.

I wouldn't give dude no more than 8 million/yr for 3-4 yrs.

Cosign.

Lance can play well in the right situation but could also be a cancer.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love
    Lance
    Rondo

Would be a good look in Boston

I said this a few days ago..

Would be a nice core that can stay together for awhile
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love
    Lance
    Rondo

Lance and Rondo.....lol.....that will be a headache for a coach....... those 2 are destructive to a locker room
  • S2J
    zerocool wrote: »
    Love
    Lance
    Rondo

Lance and Rondo.....lol.....that will be a headache for a coach....... those 2 are destructive to a locker room

Not even the off court stuff, on court that doesnt work. Lance needs to be paired with a PG who can atleast slide off ball occaisionally. Rondo is the antithesis of that. Also why memphis might not work now that i think about it. Conley is also a pure PG

Rose would work. Isaiah Thomas, too