Who's the greatest WWE Superstar this generation?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
Cena?
Orton?
Sheamus?
Triple H?
Undertaker?
CM Punk?

I was reading Facebook posts and this was brought up on one of the pages. Most people said CM Punk. There wasn't a list or anything, just something off the top.

I didn't see how CM Punk was chosen.

Personally, as much as I dislike the guy, it's easily John Cena. I don't think there's a guy who has his accomplishments.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah it's virtually impossible to make a case for anyone else at this point. Cena is synonymous with the last 10 years of WWE.

I think CM Punk is easily top 5 of the last 10 years he probably clocks in either at 4 or 5.

From 2004-2014:
    John Cena
    Brock Lesnar
    Batista
    Edge
    CM Punk

Punk is better than Edge in my book but Edge did it longer.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    For me it's Edge, CM Punk and Batista. Cena has been utter rubbish since 2005, Orton had his entertaining moments (IC title run in 04, Viper run of 07, Legacy run of 09) but for the most part he's been boring to me.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cena no question. Say what you want but he puts butts in the seats. He's on the mt rushmore of wrestling
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If ur objective there's really no other choice but cena, any one else being on top would more than likely b just personal opinion, I don't hate cena but I can critique him, but he's easily been the number 1 guy and if he was heel instead of pandering to them lame ass kids I think he'd b cut a lot more slack by older fans, closest thing to him has been Orton. I think punk definitely has a case for top 5 tho
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Super Cena been running this Wrestling ?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Its Cena. Non debatable. But I dislike him so Imma go with PUNK based on my bias.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    1226753088072_f.jpg

I don't know anybody that likes his on screen character or doesn't think that it's stale but even when I went 10 years without WWE which is when he came into the scene I still knew who he was. He was in a movie, he was headlining the video games etc.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    IM SHOCKED CENA NEVER WON THE IC BELT
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

He was the equivalent tho on smackdown. If he was on raw those same years he woulda been ic champ. Sorta makes me miss the brand separation, where smackdown n raw storylines didnt overlap and you could develop guys more attentively without sacrificing the equivalent star on another brand.

The current atmosphere doesn't allow this. Its focus on 2-3 guys or factions to carry 3 hours of raw, then do a recap show and call it Smackdown.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    1226753088072_f.jpg

I don't know anybody that likes his on screen character or doesn't think that it's stale but even when I went 10 years without WWE which is when he came into the scene I still knew who he was. He was in a movie, he was headlining the video games etc.
    He beat Jeff Hardy?
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Men and women lie numbers don't. And I hate this ?

VYz2M.gif
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He was the equivalent tho on smackdown. If he was on raw those same years he woulda been ic champ. Sorta makes me miss the brand separation, where smackdown n raw storylines didnt overlap and you could develop guys more attentively without sacrificing the equivalent star on another brand.

The current atmosphere doesn't allow this. Its focus on 2-3 guys or factions to carry 3 hours of raw, then do a recap show and call it Smackdown.

That's why I think they should do an NXT and SmackDown! cross over.

It'd make things interesting.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock Lesnar is the Undertaker of this generation. He's wrestled some of the greatest opponents and beat some of the greats without getting booed to oblivion.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options

I think they did the righ thing unifying the world titles now they need to unify the US championship with the IC belt as well. The midcard could be a bit more balanced if Sheamus, Cesaro, RVD etc. were all in contention for the same title as opposed to 2 separate ones. Another brand split is not the answer to making both Raw and Smackdown (lol) actually worth watching as a whole. Better booking is.

#saveustripleh
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Orton is a face, he gets the biggest pops. chills.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cena
    orton
    edge
    punk or db
    taker

Jericho, Batista, HHH deserve honorable mentions. honestly after cena all wrestlers mentioned are interchangeable
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was talking to a dude Monday about. Cena. I don't watch wrestling like I used to but I still see that people hate. Cena. I asked dude why do people hate Cena so much and he said because he's always winning. My question was what's the difference between Cena now and. Hogan in his prime? He had no answer, I was never a big. Hogan fan but loved Macho Man Randy Savage !! Man Hogan would straight get his ass whooped for 10 minutes straight then hulk up and whoop ass for a minute and drop the leg on you and it's over. You may not like. Cena but he is the perfect guy for the company. I mean and he's still young but people really want to see him go and ? , I just don't get it,
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hogan was the top guy for less time in WWF than Cena and still managed to put over the likes of Earthquake, Warrior and Yoko before leaving the company. Cena feuds on the other hand have benefited nobody but Cena for 9 straight years. On top of that he has a habit of leeching off the hottest feuds and angles like a parasite whether it makes sense to book him in those angles or not (Ie: The Shield this past Monday, Daniel Bryan vs. Authority the monday before that). Hogan didn't really politic heavily until his WCW days.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hogan leeched too, he spent almost all of Randy's title run at his hip (The Mega Powers) and he did the same thing to Ultimate Warrior.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    the new 1 guy is never to far away from the title whenever he isnt holding it.

Hogan - Randy,Warrior
    Austin - Rock, HHH
    Cena - Orton, Batista,Punk etc