Sony Boss Shuhei Yoshida “Apologizes” for PS4 Game Delays, Explains Why It’s Happening

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
At this year’s E3, PlayStation LifeStyle had the fortunate chance to have a sit down video interview with none other than Sony Worldwide Studios boss, Shuhei Yoshida. In the interview, Yoshida was asked about the games being pushed back for the PlayStation 4 from this year to the next, and how it looks like 2015 is the year when the PS4 will finally bloom.
So I apologize for some of the games we pushed back, but when people ask me “We’ve been saying the PS4 is very easy to develop for, why are teams taking time?” The reason is, it’s very easy to develop games on the PS4, except that PS4 can do so much, that a team’s ambition is much higher. What they are trying to achieve, they are challenging, y’know, something new. More realistic graphics, social connectivity, or seamless integration of single-player and multiplayer. And they are encountering new kinds of challenges, so they have to take more time than they anticipated. But luckily, more people are now more understanding and more accomodating for the needs of the development team. And they (gamers) say they’d rather wait to play the best game the team can make rather than play a rushed title; because each development is such a big effort.

With how The Order: 1886 and Uncharted 4 have looked so far, I don’t think Yoshida needs to apologize much. Unless you’d rather studios release games that were rushed, in which case, a whole new can of worms will be opened.

Stay tuned for the entire video interview in the coming days for more insight on what many people perceive as the PS4′s main public figure.

Comments