#RespectMyCampaign Thread, Officially Drops November 1st

Comments

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    yo peezy you got talent my dude ... beats and raps and hooks .... im def trying to get on your level ... especially on the production side ... im trying to dive all into that ... but keep doing ya thing man Hustlin is a dope track that i can hight light ... but joint was def nice from top to bottom .... my only gripe with ya is as far as your name ..... its confusing .... im guessing you got 2 names ... one for your production side (grip) and another when your in performing artist mode (peezy jenkins) ....???????

k.i.m with mad confidence ? your like one song away from making that hit man!! keep grindin

and not sure if you ever thought of this but find that single and push it !! dont worry about pushing an entire disc of new material ... leave that for those who are interested in hearing more after getting wind of your hot single .....

the illest and most realist ish i ever heard from dudes in the game came from Russell Simmons .... he said all it takes is 1 record ........... and thats a lite comment ... but its sooooo real when you think about it .... and coming from where we are trying come from its actually a blessing ... cause promoting 1 record is so much more easier and much more cost affective then pushing an entire disc of new material ........... just something to think about .......... but def do you cause everyones rise to the top aint the same ... dont ever discredit any ideas you got going on just cause no one else seems to be up on it ......

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Brian B. wrote: »
    Oh alright. I just know how people are. Even when I'm on Youtube I rarely click a video with less than 100 views. That's just human nature to move with the crowd.

That's sheep nature to move with the crowd

& unfortunately a lot of folks have been conditioned to have a sheep mentality, as you yourself admitted to having

*Shrugs* McDonalds ain't complaining about the fat people who keep them in business so why complain about the sheep who can potentially put money in ur pocket?

I'm thinking about the new fans you can obtain through Youtube. A lot of people browse Youtube by the related videos that's why tags are so important. And sadly people look at numbers and if they go on ur channel and you have 20 video all under 100 views what's going to make them click it? People don't care about the Come Up anymore they want the finished product. But Hey I'm learning like everyone else but those are somethings I've learned.

Lol that's not a very good analogy w/ the fat people

they keep goin back to Mickey D's cuz they more than likely like the food.. not cuz they see others doin it

while on the other hand, sheep will listen to your music not cuz they like it, cuz they see the majority doin so

w/ the sheep mentality they'll be like "since everybody likes it, it must be good"

gotta roll with Gen on this one ... when you @ the bottom ... take advantage of everything ... dont sleep on nothing ...leave no rock unturned ....

+ peep my response from another thread lol yeah im quoting myself lol ;)
    antarticp wrote: »
    I do spoken word events I really just gotta get my money right my city isbased on materialism an dance songs

in a sense its a good thing ...

ive been fortunate enuff to not have to think like an artist ... and got to analyze alot of why people do what they do ...

but @ the end of the day your town isnt much different from any other town or city accross america ... imo we only differ by population ...

but imo take advantage of those insecurities that you see ... ie ... i did alot of parties cause i notice the local promoters were getting

more love than the local artist were (really local artist were getting no love) ... strictly cause they thru parties and could possibly get you
    in the parties for free if you happen to befriend that local promoter .... and what i really found out most people just want to hang around

the guy or girl who knows where its poppin @ ... every party i did i had @least 4-5 chicks around me ... just to be around me ... imagin what

i could do with that kind of love as an artist ... its fake ... but if your an artist trying to make moves ... TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT !!!!!!

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    antarticp wrote: »
    yo peezy you got talent my dude ... beats and raps and hooks .... im def trying to get on your level ... especially on the production side ... im trying to dive all into that ... but keep doing ya thing man Hustlin is a dope track that i can hight light ... but joint was def nice from top to bottom .... my only gripe with ya is as far as your name ..... its confusing .... im guessing you got 2 names ... one for your production side (grip) and another when your in performing artist mode (peezy jenkins) ....???????

k.i.m with mad confidence ? your like one song away from making that hit man!! keep grindin

and not sure if you ever thought of this but find that single and push it !! dont worry about pushing an entire disc of new material ... leave that for those who are interested in hearing more after getting wind of your hot single .....

the illest and most realist ish i ever heard from dudes in the game came from Russell Simmons .... he said all it takes is 1 record ........... and thats a lite comment ... but its sooooo real when you think about it .... and coming from where we are trying come from its actually a blessing ... cause promoting 1 record is so much more easier and much more cost affective then pushing an entire disc of new material ........... just something to think about .......... but def do you cause everyones rise to the top aint the same ... dont ever discredit any ideas you got going on just cause no one else seems to be up on it ......

preciate u listening mane, and Peezy_jenkins is just my ic name lol, i say peezy from time to time in the raps or just "g.r.i.peezy" tho

i tend to make crazy posts at times and i aint want people googling g.r.i.p. and seeing me arguing wit another ic poster every time lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    yall also check out jo cool's project and he dont post here too often anymore but he's on the last track so check out my homie daboyag's mixtape as well, thats 3 mixtapes worth of QUALITY http://www.datpiff.com/DaBoyAG-World-Of-Positivity-mixtape.398139.html
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh alright. I just know how people are. Even when I'm on Youtube I rarely click a video with less than 100 views. That's just human nature to move with the crowd.

& unfortunately a lot of folks have been conditioned to have a sheep mentality, as you yourself admitted to having

*Shrugs* McDonalds ain't complaining about the fat people who keep them in business so why complain about the sheep who can potentially put money in ur pocket?

I'm thinking about the new fans you can obtain through Youtube. A lot of people browse Youtube by the related videos that's why tags are so important. And sadly people look at numbers and if they go on ur channel and you have 20 video all under 100 views what's going to make them click it? People don't care about the Come Up anymore they want the finished product. But Hey I'm learning like everyone else but those are somethings I've learned.

they keep goin back to Mickey D's cuz they more than likely like the food.. not cuz they see others doin it

while on the other hand, sheep will listen to your music not cuz they like it, cuz they see the majority doin so

w/ the sheep mentality they'll be like "since everybody likes it, it must be good"

How u know people don't become fans after being put on? For example Kendrick Lamar a lot of people just recently became fans of him u think they going to pick up and leave? Even tho the product is Great? My point is u have to actually get ppl to LISTEN first whether they like u or not is something else.

Marketing is Universal because everyone running around yelling ppl are sheep is effected by the same marketing techniques. Its human nature to want to fit in its a survival instinct. So u have to find ways to use that in your favor as an Artist trying to get heard.

I'm not sayin folks don't get put on to ? & don't like it, but lets not act like radio/media doesn't force feed "what's hot".. so if folks like some ? that's underground, for lack of a better word, or not being pushed as much. more than likely they truly like it..

but it's not human nature to want to fit in for survival (tho most have been conditioned to), we're not animals who change colors to hide from prey

& what's one thing artist get commended for? Originality

• Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

How u know people don't become fans after being put on? For example Kendrick Lamar a lot of people just recently became fans of him u think they going to pick up and leave? Even tho the product is Great? My point is u have to actually get ppl to LISTEN first whether they like u or not is something else.

Marketing is Universal because everyone running around yelling ppl are sheep is effected by the same marketing techniques. Its human nature to want to fit in its a survival instinct. So u have to find ways to use that in your favor as an Artist trying to get heard.

I'm not sayin folks don't get put on to ? & don't like it, but lets not act like radio/media doesn't force feed "what's hot".. so if folks like some ? that's underground, for lack of a better word, or not being pushed as much. more than likely they truly like it..

but it's not human nature to want to fit in for survival (tho most have been conditioned to), we're not animals who change colors to hide from prey

& what's one thing artist get commended for? Originality

What are u talking about? I'm talking about SELLING the music not making it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    slept on thread
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    I'm ? with almost every track.

Starts off nice, but right in the middle, I felt the songs were a little forced.

Maximize, Live It, Bottom Of The Map, & Like My Status all felt like throwaway tracks to me.

I think Live It could have been better by having a better hook though.

Overall, I'm feeling this ? . Nice project.

I Got Next is on repeat!

easily da best IC collab da chemistry on there was unmatched
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    I'm ? with almost every track.

Starts off nice, but right in the middle, I felt the songs were a little forced.

Maximize, Live It, Bottom Of The Map, & Like My Status all felt like throwaway tracks to me.

I think Live It could have been better by having a better hook though.

Overall, I'm feeling this ? . Nice project.

I Got Next is on repeat!

easily da best IC collab da chemistry on there was unmatched

• Peezy_Jenkins
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Really appreciate everyone who actually took the time to listen
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really appreciate everyone who actually took the time to listen

keep grinding bro
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? was wack and I want money back
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    take away from the legitimacy of this site with their personal agenda
    conflict of interest in the IC coverage of the rap game
    How can your voices be trusted when you have personal agendas?
    talking down on real talent while trying to promote your mediocre garbage.
  • BackInWhite
    Garbage was exactly mediocre
    Well said
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    take away from the legitimacy of this site with their personal agenda
    conflict of interest in the IC coverage of the rap game
    How can your voices be trusted when you have personal agendas?
    talking down on real talent while trying to promote your mediocre garbage.

? ass ? all u do is promote weak ass kb da kidnappa and street military, gtfoh, next time u wanna diss me be direct with it ? ass boy
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    ? was wack and I want money back

u probably really do think that other respect my campaign better dont u, u a hater, b
  • BackInWhite
    I didn't listen to either
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    I didn't listen to either

typical IC poster

• Ear2DaSt
    I like your attitude Ima have to give u a listen
  • Ear2DaSt
    but not today homie
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    but not today homie

u one lame ass ? . Go ? ur self
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    @Cain u seem like a tough but fair critic, check out end of story, I'm interested in yo opinion

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Preciate that, u might like PSA, made u look, smile & wave or #respectmycampaign if u feel like listening