NBA or NFL... Which league do you prefer?

Options
1235»

Comments

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    NBA
    man i like football no doubt and i get it.. it is the most popular sport in the states HANDS DOWN...

but i cant be the only one thinking that its getting crazy with the constant coverage. year round. Like big news trade scores no doubt.. but the draft ? .. IDK i think anything, no matter how popular it is, can become boring if its constantly being covered. man i mean hearing all that ? about the draft, prospects.. im telling u i couldnt WAIT until the draft ? was over...

i get it.. its a billion dollar industry.. its popular as ? .. but i think the constant year round coverage can be too much at times
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    man i like football no doubt and i get it.. it is the most popular sport in the states HANDS DOWN...

but i cant be the only one thinking that its getting crazy with the constant coverage. year round. Like big news trade scores no doubt.. but the draft ? .. IDK i think anything, no matter how popular it is, can become boring if its constantly being covered. man i mean hearing all that ? about the draft, prospects.. im telling u i couldnt WAIT until the draft ? was over...

i get it.. its a billion dollar industry.. its popular as ? .. but i think the constant year round coverage can be too much at times

You nailed it fam.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I think the sport itself is better and they have the better athletes. When it comes to the NFL, I enjoy it but it's too many other factors. Like fantasy football, or if my fav team is playing. I can enjoy an NBA game even if it's not my fav team playing because there's good players spread about.

Plus I hate that teams get byes in the post season. You already playing one and done as it is. They need to get rid of that ? .

The bye week is crucial you sound like you never played football, u need a week to recover.from.a good game of football and that can be on a streetball lvl

I get that you need to recover but everybody should have to win the same amount games when the ulitimate prize in on the line. That's ridiculous to me. Two teams in the SB but one had to win an extra game just to get here. ? is corny.

Prolly been addressed but this could be said about the NBA if a team was sweeping everybody and only lost like 3 games the whole playoffs and ends up playing a team that had a game 7 every round that technically ain't fair either
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    OhPee wrote: »
    I bet the NFL Draft gets higher ratings than any NHL Playoff game.

yeah but the nfl draft stole attention away from the nba not to mention more people are going to nhl games live than nba games.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    I think the sport itself is better and they have the better athletes. When it comes to the NFL, I enjoy it but it's too many other factors. Like fantasy football, or if my fav team is playing. I can enjoy an NBA game even if it's not my fav team playing because there's good players spread about.

Plus I hate that teams get byes in the post season. You already playing one and done as it is. They need to get rid of that ? .

The bye week is crucial you sound like you never played football, u need a week to recover.from.a good game of football and that can be on a streetball lvl

I get that you need to recover but everybody should have to win the same amount games when the ulitimate prize in on the line. That's ridiculous to me. Two teams in the SB but one had to win an extra game just to get here. ? is corny.

Prolly been addressed but this could be said about the NBA if a team was sweeping everybody and only lost like 3 games the whole playoffs and ends up playing a team that had a game 7 every round that technically ain't fair either

But when it comes down to it they all have to win 4 games.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Back to give the NBA some credit. The first round of the playoffs was good. I enjoyed watching the games I did catch.

Wack part now is "Is the team that came out the East the past 4 years going to play the team they beat last year, or the team they beat 2 years ago?" Same story, different day.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    I can't stand the all year coverage of nfl......its insane and I think their product is starting to water down....

Been a die hard nba fan for life.....I hate to miss playoff games b/c of work.....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Other than a round one mainly in Western Conference these playoffs been terrible
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    NFL
    zerocool wrote: »
    I can't stand the all year coverage of nfl......its insane and I think their product is starting to water down....

Been a die hard nba fan for life.....I hate to miss playoff games b/c of work.....

To be honest I don't see a lot of year round coverage. You have the coverage during the season. Then a little break, then draft coverage. But after the draft you don't hear a whole lot. I hear some Johnny Football stuff, but that's mostly it right now
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    zerocool wrote: »

To be honest I don't see a lot of year round coverage. You have the coverage during the season. Then a little break, then draft coverage. But after the draft you don't hear a whole lot. I hear some Johnny Football stuff, but that's mostly it right now

Espn has the year round nfl coverage. ...they even do nfl 2 night in the off season (can't remmember name of show)

Nba fastbreak not shown in summer
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    NFL
    Speaking of annoying media coverage. It's annoying how NBA fans/analyst are so hung up on the past. They're talking about who would win between this heat team Vs 93 bulls. That was 20 damn years ago.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    You brought up good reasons, but mainly I played basketball and not football and therefore I like basketball and the NBA. I get ? sometimes at all the coverage the NFL gets even during the NBA season. It seems like most ESPN anchors are all football knowledge and nobody really knows depth about the NBA. We all know why. The helmets help the color issue alot in the NFL that the NBA reveals. Thus, the NBA won't get the same coverage. The news even tries to equate hockey (a low viwership tv ratings) with the NBA sometime with the amount of news coverage (news coverage not sports news coverage).
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    I love both sports but I'll take the NFL any day over the NBA. Let's face it, the NBA is broken. Management had done a terrible job assembling teams and it shows.

NBA needs to remove about 10 teams and just have more competition because there is NOT enough talent to have 30 teams.

You have talented players wasting their talent because 9/10 times you need a 3 man front to even be competitive.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really like both equally but NBA playoffs this year were way better than the nfl playoffs
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    NFL
    luke1733 wrote: »
    You brought up good reasons, but mainly I played basketball and not football and therefore I like basketball and the NBA. I get ? sometimes at all the coverage the NFL gets even during the NBA season. It seems like most ESPN anchors are all football knowledge and nobody really knows depth about the NBA. We all know why. The helmets help the color issue alot in the NFL that the NBA reveals. Thus, the NBA won't get the same coverage. The news even tries to equate hockey (a low viwership tv ratings) with the NBA sometime with the amount of news coverage (news coverage not sports news coverage).

That's true. There do seem to be more ESPN analyst that are football fans instead of NBA fans. I think part of the reason there's more NFL coverage is there's more to talk about. In the NBA if you aren't talking about like 5 teams maybe, people aren't interested. NFL has the NFC East, Steelers, Patriots, Broncos (since Peyton arrivd), 9ers, Seahawks, Packers, Bears. How often do you see fans of the Grizzlies, Timberwolves, Raptors, Bucks, Kings, Suns, Cavs (after Bron left), Hornets, or Pelicans? A big chunk of the league doesn't have a fan base. So topics are limited.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

^^check em out. NBA had 8 (over 1/4 of the league) teams below 85% for their home game attendance. NFL only had 2.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    NBA
    Speaking of annoying media coverage. It's annoying how NBA fans/analyst are so hung up on the past. They're talking about who would win between this heat team Vs 93 bulls. That was 20 damn years ago.

ill give you this.. i hate that ? too. honestly because its pointless. They cant play each other, and both teams will say they will win. They do it every time the olympics come around. "can the 2016 team usa beat the original dream team" ? dumb as hell
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    NFL
    JusDre313 wrote: »

ill give you this.. i hate that ? too. honestly because its pointless. They cant play each other, and both teams will say they will win. They do it every time the olympics come around. "can the 2016 team usa beat the original dream team" ? dumb as hell

I'm not sure why the NBA seems to do this so much. People are in love with the past so much, they lie (IMO) and act like experts on people when they aren't.

NBA fans have a hard time saying someone was before their time. I'm 26 and I'd say Jordan was before my time. There's no shame in saying it.
  • Sir Lurkalot
    Sir Lurkalot Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA
    nfl growin on me fast tho! 5yrs ago, I could give a ? bout football other than the bears. im way into now thanx to fantasy

nba need to cut the fat and lose bout 3 or 4 teams. change the playoffs too (best 16) ? been lopsided for too long
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    NFL
    nfl growin on me fast tho! 5yrs ago, I could give a ? bout football other than the bears. im way into now thanx to fantasy

nba need to cut the fat and lose bout 3 or 4 teams. change the playoffs too (best 16) ? been lopsided for too long

Why cut the fat and leave all those playoff teams? Gonna have a 26 team league and a 16 team playoff? Low seeds aren't going to win a championship..
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    NFL
    NFL outta the two, and college football over them all...

#RollTide
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    NFL
    Another non-competitive Finals. It was great watching the Spurs play...they were amazing. But a 4-1 series, and 4 of the games being decided by 15+ points....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL
    Should be no debate NFL Regular Season actually matters and overrall NFL playoffs are more competitive than NBA playoffs