Phone Gaming - how is it a threat?

LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been checking out some mobile games today

Where are all the good ones at? I've seen posts online about phone Gaming threatening nintentdo and sony's hold in the mobile market but I can't see how

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has a smartphone these days, not everyone has a Vita or a DS. The games are also usually free, not much or filled with in-app purchases. Even the most casual gamers without a dedicated games console has Angry Birds or Candy Crush on their phones. Parallel's post sums up mobile gaming.

If I had an iPhone I would have downloaded Republique, don't know about any other decent mobile phone games.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psx emulator on my phone is GOAT.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Japan (Sony and Nintendo's home turf) handheld gaming has always been very strong but has taken a major and very noticeable hit this generation even though dedicated handhelds still have a stronger install base than PS4 or Wii U. Not only because more people own smart devices out there than dedicated handhelds but on top of games like Clash of Clans and Puzzles and Dragons they also get regular mobile sales featuring mobile versions of games in some of the best selling franchises out there like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Winning Eleven.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a Windows Phone, do yourself a favour and cop skulls of the shogun, its basically Advance wars...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but playin a lot of these mobile games don't sit well with me. Give me a controller and a game system any day. I'm not gonna sit there and keep smearing up my screen, trying to fighting game move. Or having to keep pausing the game bcuz of a incoming text.

Not all games are good for mobile use imo.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some decent games out there.

Gaming to me is not just about games so I can't really get with it.

I only rarely play my handheld outside the house.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play angry Birds, Mayhem, Clash of Clans etc. ....... but I wouldn't buy a "traditional" console game (GTA etc.) on my phone/tablet .... prefer a controller on hand that tap tap on the screen