It's easy to disprove Christianity but can you disprove Islam?

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muhammed acknowledges Yeshua as a prophet. He just credits himself as the true way to ? . Yahweh, Jehovah, and Allah are one and the same, as is all these other monotheistic deities running around. Once you take away all the fairy tales that religions consist of (SMH @ these ? basically jackin Egyptian gods for more than 2 millenia) you'll realize they all have the same thesis... one ? , no religion.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Why would you want to?

Because its better to know the truth than to trust in a diety that doesn't exist. Especially when most of the worlds history has been created over religion.

The only objective truth is that we choose what we want to believe. That being said i believe islam is the religion of the anti-christ and is the most evil thought process on the planet.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    JokerKing wrote: »
    JokerKing wrote: »
    Christianity and Muslim are different children of the same father. You disprove one, you disprove the other.

What's interesting though is that it seems to be that the biggest difference is that Muslims and Islam heavily relies and is based on the argument that none of their teachings can be disproved.

While is Christianity is seemingly based off game of thrones

Christianity has always relied on that same argument. Christianity and Islam are two siblings constantly fighting each other for superiority, all to gain approval from their father. Both religions are ridiculous in their own right, anyway.

• kingblaze84
    CracceR wrote: »
    just need to disprove judaism and then all 3 of them are fucced

This has been done many times in threads all over the internet lol....Judaism is a ? religion, along with its two ? cousins, Islam and Christianity. It's so easy to make fun of religion these days it's not even a challenge anymore.
  • zombie
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Muhammed acknowledges Yeshua as a prophet. He just credits himself as the true way to ? . Yahweh, Jehovah, and Allah are one and the same, as is all these other monotheistic deities running around. Once you take away all the fairy tales that religions consist of (SMH @ these ? basically jackin Egyptian gods for more than 2 millenia) you'll realize they all have the same thesis... one ? , no religion.

Absolutely not you are totally wrong. Muslims are slaves of their ? everything thing about islam is about submission. In islam you are a servant.

Christianity is about choice and freewill, in christianity you are a son.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Why would you want to?

Because religion has done more to harm and destroy the unity between human beings then almost anything else in world history. It's the reason I break off and disrespect religion any chance I get, with no apologies.
  • zombie
    Why would you want to?

Because religion has done more to harm and destroy the unity between human beings then almost anything else in world history. It's the reason I break off and disrespect religion any chance I get, with no apologies.

There is no unity between human beings never was nor should there be we are all equal but different, and religion is the foundation for all human civilization.
  • zombie
    The ? of israel has not been disproved and everything his real prophets said would happen in what we call the middle east is happening.

israel has been reestablished, mystery babylon will be destroyed, the anti-christ will rise and then be destroyed by ? .
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »

Absolutely not you are totally wrong. Muslims are slaves of their ? everything thing about islam is about submission. In islam you are a servant.

That's because Islam is too stuck on tradition, which is deep rooted in slavery and misogyny. Allah is just another name for the one true ? , but they have their way of worshipping him.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Why would you want to?

There is no unity between human beings never was nor should there be we are all equal but different, and religion is the foundation for all human civilization.

Religion is the foundation of all human civilization? IDK about that, I'd argue that family is. Religion has mostly just caused division, hatred, and encouraged evil all over the planet historically. Perhaps the exception is Buddhism but the Buddha himself was an atheist, so I don't consider Buddhism a religion personally.

I agree with your thoughts on how horrible Islam is but Christianity historically has encouraged just as much evil, if not more. Judaism has done much of the same, word to Israel's policies. Remember, Christianity was the foundation of the British and Spaniard empires, that pillaged, ? , and enslaved people all over the world. In fact, Christianity was the foundation of the evil imperialist empires of the West for centuries. And we all see the good that foundation did, haven't we?
  • zombie
    Why would you want to?

Religion is the foundation of all human civilization? IDK about that, I'd argue that family is. Religion has mostly just caused division, hatred, and encouraged evil all over the planet historically. Perhaps the exception is Buddhism but the Buddha himself was an atheist, so I don't consider Buddhism a religion personally.

I agree with your thoughts on how horrible Islam is but Christianity historically has encouraged just as much evil, if not more. Remember, Christianity was the foundation of the British and Spaniard empires, that pillaged, ? , and enslaved people all over the world. In fact, Christianity was the foundation of the imperialist empires of the West for centuries. And we all see the good that foundation did, haven't we?

Religion is the basis for many of the early sciences like chemistry, astrology and medicine and is the inspiring force behind the greatest art.

Buddha was an agnostic not an atheist and they can be just as brutal and any other religion as they are slaughtering musims in burma right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5dt8wIsWPU

THE foundation for the british empire and spanish empires was not religion, it was greed AND POWER. If you check history you will see that they only used religion after those empire were already established. In terms of christianity and the european conquest of the world, religion became an excuse not a cause. They would have took the world any way. Islam however conquers primarily based on religious convictions.

• zombie

That's because Islam is too stuck on tradition, which is deep rooted in slavery and misogyny. Allah is just another name for the one true ? , but they have their way of worshipping him.

The 3 abrahamic religions are similar in that their believers believer that there is one ? . BUT THE NATURE Of ? in islam is nothing like it is in christianity.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUB wrote: »
    its the ying to ajacksons yang

the white guy who wants to be black while ajckson is the black guy who wants to be white

Get my ? out your mouth ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys have anger only towards western Asian religions?
  • zombie
    Do you guys have anger only towards western Asian religions?

Most of the people who bash religion in the western world don't know a ? thing about other religions.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't prove or disprove the existence of ? . I mean, if you want to be specific with "religion". That's not the goal of science anyway.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are about submission. Both have rules you must follow. And in some instances, the rules are similar.

You can't prove or disprove the existence of ? . I mean, if you want to be specific with "religion". That's not the goal of science anyway.

If ? can't be disproved, show us. Point at this ? you've been taught about. Touch this ? that is suppose to exist. What people have is a faith, a hope, a crutch, that there deity exist . It cannot and has not been proven.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Why would you want to?

I agree with your thoughts on how horrible Islam is but Christianity historically has encouraged just as much evil, if not more. Remember, Christianity was the foundation of the British and Spaniard empires, that pillaged, ? , and enslaved people all over the world. In fact, Christianity was the foundation of the imperialist empires of the West for centuries. And we all see the good that foundation did, haven't we?

Religion is the basis for many of the early sciences like chemistry, astrology and medicine and is the inspiring force behind the greatest art.

Buddha was an agnostic not an atheist and they can be just as brutal and any other religion as they are slaughtering musims in burma right now

THE foundation for the british empire and spanish empires was not religion, it was greed AND POWER. If you check history you will see that they only used religion after those empire were already established. In terms of christianity and the european conquest of the world, religion became an excuse not a cause. They would have took the world any way. Islam however conquers primarily based on religious convictions.

Good points on both Islam's spread and Christianity's spread through the Western empires. We agree on Islam so I'll make this more about Buddhism and Christianity.

The main religion of both Britain and Spain during the time it spread its evil around the world was Christianity. I agree that Western empires would have been corrupt and committed atrocities anyway but spreading Christianity was definitely a driving force for many of the political figures of that time. Queen Isabella of Spain and her husband King Ferdinand said spreading Christianity was one reason to claim so many lands for Spain, and King Leopold of Belgium said similar things. Christopher Columbus used the Bible to justify his mass murders of Native Americans because they often rejected the Bible and he saw them as savages worthy to be enslaved. Columbus was very aware the Bible supported slavery and death for those who didn't believe in one ? , and he even had priests back him up on this when some of his soldiers were disturbed by the behavior against the natives. I can bring up links if you want.

As far as Buddhism, as I said, I don't consider it a religion but since you consider it one, I'll play along. Buddhists throughout history have been by far much more peaceful then the savages who have come out of Christianity and Islam. It's one reason why Buddhism is rarely attacked by those who hate religion, as I do.
  • kingblaze84
    kzzl wrote: »

Both are about submission. Both have rules you must follow. And in some instances, the rules are similar.

If ? can't be disproved, show us. Point at this ? you've been taught about. Touch this ? that is suppose to exist. What people have is a faith, a hope, a crutch, that there deity exist . It cannot and has not been proven.

Powerful post. I'm not atheist (although some days I probably am) but I remain interested in atheist beliefs, it's very rational compared to the dogma of Abrahamic religions.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014

CHRISTIANITY is not about submission and we only have 2 rules. A christian life is susposed to be based on an individuals expression of these two rules.

on the outside islam seems to be similar to christianty but the theology behind each religion is totally different.
  • kingblaze84

CHRISTIANITY is not about submission and we only have 2 rules. A christian life is susposed to be based on an individuals expression of these two rules.

on the outside islam seems to be similar to christianty but the theology behind each religion is totally different.

Christianity IS about submission in several ways though. According to the Bible, if one doesn't accept Jesus as the savior, you're bound to burn in hell and suffer forever LOL....sounds like submission to me, correct me if I'm wrong
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Why would you want to?

Good points on both Islam's spread and Christianity's spread through the Western empires. We agree on Islam so I'll make this more about Buddhism and Christianity.

The main religion of both Britain and Spain during the time it spread its evil around the world was Christianity. I agree that Western empires would have been corrupt and committed atrocities anyway but spreading Christianity was definitely a driving force for many of the political figures of that time. Queen Isabella of Spain and her husband King Ferdinand said spreading Christianity was one reason to claim so many lands for Spain, and King Leopold of Belgium said similar things. Christopher Columbus used the Bible to justify his mass murders of Native Americans because they often rejected the Bible and he saw them as savages worthy to be enslaved. Columbus was very aware the Bible supported slavery and death for those who didn't believe in one ? , and he even had priests back him up on this when some of his soldiers were disturbed by the behavior against the natives. I can bring up links if you want.

As far as Buddhism, as I said, I don't consider it a religion but since you consider it one, I'll play along. Buddhists throughout history have been by far much more peaceful then the savages who have come out of Christianity and Islam. It's one reason why Buddhism is rarely attacked by those who hate religion, as I do.

Saying that religion was used as a tool of conquest is not new and i agree, however was it the cause for the conquest i don't believe so. Columbus did not set sail to convert anyone he set sail looking for profit, religion was an after thought.

The great and sad thing about all religions is that they bring a seriousness and sense of destiny to their believers that cannot be replaced.

As for buddhism the reason for it not being used the was other religions were is because asian socities tend to be much more insular. before christianity europeans were warlike, when they got the religion they continued being themselves for the most part they just became less brazen than their pagan ancestors

japan,china and some of the south asian nations all have a warlike history we just don't know about it in the west. The people who practice abrahamic religions have just been more successful at war.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

So committing the seven sins, the venial sins, mortal sins, disobeying the 10 commandments, and the rest is not considered rule violations? Last I heard from every preacher I've ever met, these were rules you had to follow.

You must be talking about another kind of faith that involves the same characters.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014

Christianity IS about submission in several ways though. According to the Bible, if one doesn't accept Jesus as the savior, you're bound to burn in hell and suffer forever LOL....sounds like submission to me, correct me if I'm wrong

You are wrong.

In the christian view point we are not subject to ? , if you want ? out of your life we believe he will go. In islam this is not a possibility. accepting jesus is a thing of will and you can reject him anytime you want to.

if you willingly want to do something and can stop whenever you wish you are not really being forced, you are not subject to it
  • zombie
    edited June 2014

So committing the seven sins, the venial sins, mortal sins, disobeying the 10 commandments, and the rest is not considered rule violations? Last I heard from every preacher I've ever met, these were rules you had to follow.

You must be talking about another kind of faith that involves the same characters.

We only have two rules love ? and love people, The 10 commandments and all those moral laws in the old testament were just ways ? wanted the nation of israel to express the 2 real laws that jesus would later bring. and then you have the laws of the state.

if you break the 10 commandment you break the 2 laws. DO you understand?? The o.t was just away of expressing the 2 laws. it's not really that hard to understand