Battlefield Series Won't Be Annualized, Insists EA

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Battlefield-Hardline-Gets-Intense-Trailer-October-21-Release-Date-Screenshots-445493-4.jpg

Patrick Solderlund, the Executive Vice President of EA Studios, has said that gamers shouldn’t expect the publishing giant to annualize the Battlefield franchise in light of this year’s cops vs robbers shooter, Battlefield Hardline.

"It doesn't necessarily mean that we need to annualize Battlefield and that's the way it's going to be forever and ever," Soderlund told Polygon. "I understand that some people may look at it that way but that's what happened."

"The EA that I'm trying to help build isn't an EA that needs to annualize everything."

Elsewhere, he also promised that Hardline will incorporate many of the fixes introduced with Battlefield 4, which was plagued by numerous bugs at its launch last fall.

"Everything that we've fixed with [Battlefield 4] will go into Hardline," said Soderlund "Once people get their hands on the netcode patch, which I think is profound, that will take care of a lot of the complaints around Battlefield... and how responsive the game is."

Comments

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should read....
    "It doesn't necessarily mean that we need to annualize Battlefield and that's the way it's going to be forever and ever,"

That means it will be annual "until it stops making them money" so they will continue to give you ? games til it doesn't benefit them.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this supposed to be a small game like that battlefield 1943?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be a small game like that battlefield 1943?
    No, they are basically copying COD and having a different studio make a BF game each year. This is from Visceral (Dead Space).