What is Obama and staff doing about this oil spill, really?

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Social Lounge
He's getting hammered in the media for not taking more control of this. Not sure what all can be done but it looked messed up out there on CNN last night.

The pundits are saying Obama & staff are depending too much on BP but BP isn't getting it done. The marshes and wetlands are nothing but oil right now. No plant or animal life in sight.

Not a good look.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The government knows it cant be stopped, their not gonna waste their time, money, and energy into trying to fix something that cant be fixed. They are gonna let BP try and stop it and when they announce we ruined the oceans, BP will be to blame for the most part.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Taking a calculated political risk. The public wont blame him for this yet. They're going to blame BP for a little while longer.

BUt the truth is even the experts dont know WTF to do and now that they're finally doing something it might still be ? up. I think the harsh reality is....THEY DIDNT PLAN FOR THIS AND DONT THINK IT CAN BE STOPPED.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BP ? up somethin serious.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The government knows it cant be stopped, their not gonna waste their time, money, and energy into trying to fix something that cant be fixed. They are gonna let BP try and stop it and when they announce we ruined the oceans, BP will be to blame for the most part.

yup yup
    Taking a calculated political risk. The public wont blame him for this yet. They're going to blame BP for a little while longer.

BUt the truth is even the experts dont know WTF to do and now that they're finally doing something it might still be ? up. I think the harsh reality is....THEY DIDNT PLAN FOR THIS AND DONT THINK IT CAN BE STOPPED.

This is correct too. You can't win with America. I honestly would like to know what those that are criticizing him want him to do.
  • 86 jordan
    86 jordan Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There's nothing they can do really. They will have a lot of questioning and pointing fingers but the damage is already done regardless of what the experimental things they try to stop it now. It will take 7 to 10 years to for mother nature to recover based off the history of the Exxon Valdez spill.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited May 2010
    Options
    why cant they drop a bomb on the ? cloapse that hoe
  • DarcSkies777
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Cuz New Orleans already flooded and once in a century is enough. U wanna set off a nuke in the deep ocean? LOL
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Its all part of a plot that should be revealed in the upcoming months.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No one can really do anything.....the top ? option has failed miserably so far. It's gonna take a UFO or an act of ? to stoip this thing now.....the South is ? . DRILL BABY DRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b-b-b-b but we dont want the government interfering in our american businesses....
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BP headquarters in London is like f*ck America.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b-b-b-b but we dont want the government interfering in our american businesses....

Keep your government out of my Medicare!!!!!!!!!
  • DarcSkies777
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Keep your government out of my Medicare!!!!!!!!!

....and ocean...and fishing industry.

Oil slicks on my fish? LET THE MARKET FIX IT!
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    exactly what they should be doing, we cant keep 'bailing out' these companys for their careless mistakes
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ....and ocean...and fishing industry.

Oil slicks on my fish? LET THE MARKET FIX IT!

I find it HILARIOUS that the same ? who whine and moan about the govt having too much power are the same ? who are now whining that Obama is not doing enough to clean up this oil mess. BP ? up, not Obama, yet now so many crackas on TV are saying Obama isn't doing enough. It's like people want Obama to go down the leak and plug the hole himself!