Is It Officially Time For Vince To Step Down?

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
-WWE films
-WWF New York/The World Restaurant
-Wasted $100 million campaign on 2 senate runs that Linda McMahon ran 2x for as a republican in a democratic state and lost twice.
-Tout
-Bodybuilding federation
-Only got a 50% increase when he promised 200% increase to his investors for his nbc/universal deal
-$45-$50million dollar loss on the network

lets take a look at this:

Been in charge 4 over 30 damn years

Is outta touch with the times

Lacks a long term plan

Too many old n outlandish ideas

No more vision

Failed venture after failed venture

He's pushinG 70yrs old. all he's doin is clingin on.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all better appreciate Vince now, it's not gonna get any better once hes gone. His body won't be cold before people want him back.

Hes still a visionary which is why he tries so many ideas whether they pan out or not is another story.

He took a regional promotion an made it the largest professional wrestling promotion EVER, he is like Alexander The Great, there is nothing more he can do within the frame of professional wrestling. He knew that when he tried all that when he tried the XFL , he looking for new challenges.

The Network is gonna be around because it didn't cost them as much to run it as he spent on other ventures (like WWE New York) and it hasn't been released worldwide yet so the death of the network is overblown.

I think he micromanages too much and doesn't trust anyone to do their job and it's a problem in a corporate structure with so many different arms, he needs to release some of that control but he is needed at the head as of right now.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo, the network is ? awesome...

i knew it was gonna ? the wwe, and i still got that ? .....if you just gonna give ? away..who am i to complain?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    I think he micromanages too much and doesn't trust anyone to do their job and it's a problem in a corporate structure with so many different arms, he needs to release some of that control but he is needed at the head as of right now.

yea this is the main problem, ion know if he should necessarily step down but maybe fall back and trust, he got hhh and dem in they position for a reason, after seein what hhh is doing with nxt and reading about him having ideas for talent and it gettin shut down, i think vince should just let the apprentices start to take the lead now, better than them having to be forced into it all of a sudden if he dies.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That carny bastard needs to retire and enjoy the rest of his remaining years and he needs to take Kevin Dunn with him. It's not like he has incompetent people in senior positions. His idiotic daughter and ? son in law are both pretty well seasoned when it comes to running the show at this point.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    XFL
    Ruined American Wrestling
    Roids
    Overall no healthcare for most of these guys until recently
    Screwed Bret
    ? on Warrior
    Mad at Macho Man
    Still scared to put a the real World Championship belt on a 100% black man or looks fully black even if theyre ready and over
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

He has to relinquish control. His can stick around to bounce around ideas but all this "Vince changes his mind too much" needs to stop.

Trips and Steph are with the time, not Vince.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When he came up with an ? angle with Stephanie (if true) is when it was time for him to step down, that right there meant dude was off his rocker
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Keep him as a promoter
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Vince is making more money now then he's made before as much as the product sucks now so i dont blame him for sticking around ? let me create/take over a company and start making millions even get it up to a Billie
  • Broddie
    XFL
    Ruined mainstream American Wrestling

fixed
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    If I was him I'd sell the company ASAP, but the ego Won't let him. He'd probably drop dead the next day
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Word is Vince wants to sell the company before he retires
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man when Vince leaves WWE might be done.. I don't think that'll happen but in my heart I think it might. Is HHH really going to take over'? You definitely don't want. Stephanie to take full control.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Man when Vince leaves WWE might be done.. I don't think that'll happen but in my heart I think it might. Is HHH really going to take over'? You definitely don't want. Stephanie to take full control.

HHH oversaw the best WWE shows this year back to back with no real involvement from Vince (Wrestlemania ? , Raw after Wrestlemania ? ) and NXT is better than Raw and Smackdown combined because HHH is completely in charge with no interference from Vince. So yeah you DO want HHH to take over. He might be the only thing that saves this company in the long run.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »

HHH oversaw the best WWE shows this year back to back with no real involvement from Vince (Wrestlemania ? , Raw after Wrestlemania ? ) and NXT is better than Raw and Smackdown combined because HHH is completely in charge with no interference from Vince. So yeah you DO want HHH to take over. He might be the only thing that saves this company in the long run.
    Oh ok, that's cool. I'm ok with him taking over.. It's better having a guy who has been through it and stuck with the company than some outside dude who don't know anything about wrestling. I'm actually with. Vince not being on tv at this point.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    its gonna be a sad day when Vince hangs it up/passes
  • Broddie
    It’s been noted before how there has been some minor issues between Triple H and Vince McMahon when it comes to certain directions and some ideas that have been brought up. It’s said that people are noticing that the relationship between Vince and Triple H has grown noticeably more contentious.

One recent example is when El Torito had his tail ripped off on RAW. Vince “loved it” while Triple H was “100% reportedly against” doing the segment.

Another example is the formatting of RAW. Vince reportedly wants to continue to do the top angles at 8, 9, 10 and 11, while Triple H reportedly feels that this method is dated and fans have figured it out, causing long breaks. Triple H wants to focus more on creating and building talents so they have enough stars to spread around the show, in hopes that the show isn’t so predictable.

While Vince has slowly handed over a lot of the business aspects to Triple H, he’s still maintaining his power in terms of creative, especially on RAW. Triple H wants a more serious and wrestling-focused product and the more resistant Vince has been to handing over the creative reigns, the more focus Triple H has put into making NXT a successful brand with the hope that Vince sees some of those ideas work and applies them to WWE’s main shows.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/situations-vince-triple-h-direction-hhh-wants-take/

That report says it all; but keep wanting Vince to hang around out of nostalgia just don't complain when the product remains stale under his creative direction then.

Vince McMahon in 2014 is not what's "best for business".
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That report says it all; but keep wanting Vince to hang around out of nostalgia just don't complain when the product remains stale under his creative direction then.

Quoted for real ? .

Vince is my dude, but he should've been gone about two to three years ago...letting Punk walk was the last straw of the downside his tenure....which started with the inception of Super Cena and the PG-era (which was nothing more but a smoke screen for his old-ass wife to run for office and LOSE...every ? time.)
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »

Quoted for real ? .

Vince is my dude, but he should've been gone about two to three years ago...letting Punk walk was the last straw of the downside his tenure....which started with the inception of Super Cena and the PG-era (which was nothing more but a smoke screen for his old-ass wife to run for office and LOSE...every ? time.)

Cena and Punk can be replaced that's one thing the WWE has always been able to do create new stars.

Look at Stone Cold even though that gimmick kinda caught steam while he was in ECW.

The WWE made him what he became.

Point is the WWE can manufacture a star if need be not saying Stone Colds, Hulk Hogan, Rocks, etc come a dime a dozen but with the right booking, promos, and writers they could develop such a talent.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »

Quoted for real ? .

Cena and Punk can be replaced that's one thing the WWE has always been able to do create new stars.

Look at Stone Cold even though that gimmick kinda caught steam while he was in ECW.

The WWE made him what he became.

Point is the WWE can manufacture a star if need be not saying Stone Colds, Hulk Hogan, Rocks, etc come a dime a dozen but with the right booking, promos, and writers they could develop such a talent.

The thing is is that as long as Vince and Kevin Dunn are still calling the shots they will never have the right booking again.

#Hunteristhesavior