Teaching creationism as scientifically valid now banned in all UK public schools

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    No one has ever OBSERVED one species changing into another species!!!!!!!!

No one can
    Evolution does not happen in one generation
    It is impossible for natural selection to facilitate the change of one species to another over the course of a single generation
    It happens over many generations which is why the closest we get to seeing it is in insects and microorganisms

You do not get an offspring that is incapable of breeding with it's parents in one generation of change (exception to hybrids)
    It is impossible and by demanding it as proof you only highlight your ignorance

If no one has OBSERVED evolution taking place, meaning seeing one species turn into a completely different species, how can you sit here and tell me that evolution is true and that the scientific method proves it?

We observe it in animals with short life spans
    they undergo changes over many generations very quickly and this supports evolution

Hybrids are proof of rapid change in species

Also where in the fossil record can I see this phenomenon taking place if this supposedly has happened over the course of time? Why is the fossil record LITERALLY not trashed with transitional fossils that prove evolution true?

It is
    There are tons of remains that have been uncovered indicating gradual change over time

Show me a fish turning into a rabbit! Show me!!!!!!!!!
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    They take religion out of schools but put them in prisons and jails.

Greatest post you ever wrote
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has ever OBSERVED one species changing into another species!!!!!!!!

No one can
    Evolution does not happen in one generation
    It is impossible for natural selection to facilitate the change of one species to another over the course of a single generation
    It happens over many generations which is why the closest we get to seeing it is in insects and microorganisms

You do not get an offspring that is incapable of breeding with it's parents in one generation of change (exception to hybrids)
    It is impossible and by demanding it as proof you only highlight your ignorance

If no one has OBSERVED evolution taking place, meaning seeing one species turn into a completely different species, how can you sit here and tell me that evolution is true and that the scientific method proves it?

We observe it in animals with short life spans
    they undergo changes over many generations very quickly and this supports evolution

Hybrids are proof of rapid change in species

Also where in the fossil record can I see this phenomenon taking place if this supposedly has happened over the course of time? Why is the fossil record LITERALLY not trashed with transitional fossils that prove evolution true?

It is
    There are tons of remains that have been uncovered indicating gradual change over time

Show me a fish turning into a rabbit! Show me!!!!!!!!!

Don't reproduce
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't argue with Jesus freaks, they're guided by faith not facts, let them wallow in the dark ages
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    why is a theory or proposed theory being banned? everything should be taught in schools and schools should encourage free thinking through different theories and ideas. If were banning things based on what people believed happened then greek mythology should be banned.

Greek mythology is called mythology for a reason.It's a "myth" like Christian beliefs.

It's only called "mythology" because it's not a dominant religion. . that don't mean it ain't true. ..

Christianity Judaism and Muslims all are fact based.... you can't deny Jesus lived on earth... you can't deny Jesus was crucified (Muslims actually acknowledge that he existed so do jews)... so what Is this "myth" that you speak of...
  • Huey_C
    This dude said evolution is when something changes into a completely different organism lmao wtf, that is not evolution
  • FsK
    FsK Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    why is a theory or proposed theory being banned? everything should be taught in schools and schools should encourage free thinking through different theories and ideas. If were banning things based on what people believed happened then greek mythology should be banned.

Greek mythology is called mythology for a reason.It's a "myth" like Christian beliefs.

It's only called "mythology" because it's not a dominant religion. . that don't mean it ain't true. ..

Christianity Judaism and Muslims all are fact based.... you can't deny Jesus lived on earth... you can't deny Jesus was crucified (Muslims actually acknowledge that he existed so do jews)... so what Is this "myth" that you speak of...

Knowledge. Preach ...

• Huey_C
    Ok ? it, a ? is more believable than evolution to you ?? Really, a ? !Think about that for a second
  • damobb2deep
    Huey_C wrote: »
    Ok ? it, a ? is more believable than evolution to you ?? Really, a ? !Think about that for a second

I can believe something created me before I have 100 percent belief that this world came from nothing... and after billions of years became somthing...
  • FsK
    FsK Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

I thought about it...still think it.

It isn't an intellectual or scientific debate. In sone ways its pointless making it that. Religious people speak from a position of faith, questioning and needing concrete proof is why non religious people aren't religious. We cant prove it in sum lab test or whatever, but thats the point, we don't want or need to.

• Huey_C

No religion is faith based period. Jesus existence doesn't prove creationism, it doesn't prove Moses parted the red sea or the entire world suffered from a great flood. Jesus was a rabbi/prophet who was ahead of his time.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can believe something created me before I have 100 percent belief that this world came from nothing... and after billions of years became somthing...

I created my son

Therefore I AM A ?

Bawse.
  • damobb2deep
    This dude said evolution is when something changes into a completely different organism lmao wtf, that is not evolution
    So the theory that birds are the decedents of reptiles is not 2 completely different organisms? well evolution says that happened...
  • damobb2deep

No religion is faith based period. Jesus existence doesn't prove creationism, it doesn't prove Moses parted the red sea or the entire world suffered from a great flood. Jesus was a rabbi/prophet who was ahead of his time.

There are facts that support the religion... the teachings have been documented... Moses did free his people... that can be denied... those are the cornerstones of the religion the "miracles" that happened are not supposed to be the focus of those religions anyway... it's the teachings...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just what does creationalism teach exactly? does it take a years worth of school and some textbooks to know that an invisible man spoke and all of a sudden lion, tiger and bears appeared on the earth? do you have to go to school to learn that ? drew a man out of the dust created a woman from the same mans rib and told them to go and be somebody? that's what church is for there is nothing academic about this nonsense.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the theory that birds are the decedents of reptiles is not 2 completely different organisms? well evolution says that happened...

ahh, ? it...

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no issue with this ? . All it's saying is that if your school is funded by the government, you can't teach kids that creationism has not been proven to be 100% true and scientifically valid. What's wrong with that?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it's sad that people fight so hard against evolution...and still apparently have no clue what it is. Lol. ? watched a National Geographic show about evolution once while they were smoking a blunt when they were 17 and think they got it figured out.

Doesn't really matter if you believe in evolution or creationism. But at least get educated on both theories before you jump out the window.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're talking to DoU.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Why do folks who believe in evolution continue to deny what the theory declares when you actually break it down into simple terms? You see when you get pass all the fluff, the jargon, and the lingo in order to get to the heart of the matter you really see how idiotic, foolish, and complete and utter rubbish evolution is.

Step 1: some magical primordial ooze appeared on earth which was frothing for eons, when suddenly life appeared in this magical primordial ooze.

Step 2: simple celled organisms "evolved" out of nowhere in this primordial ooze and somehow over the course of time turned into sea creatures.

Step 3: some ancient billions of years old "fish like creature" that had evolved from the magical primordial ooze over the course of time, one day decided that it's NATURAL habitat, Water, wasn't sufficient for it so it jucked and jived its way on to land somehow where it "adapted" somehow and was capable of breathing oxygen, growing legs, and convincing another "fish like creature" to join it on land in order to reproduce.

Step 4: from that ancient fish like creature that bedazzled it's way on to land, came every land and air animal that has ever existed on planet earth, including humans.

Now I don't feel like ethering evolution anymore at the moment. I'm tired of speaking about lies. But I'm bout to lay it down, so if anybody can prove what I said is wrong in regards to the teaching of evolution I would gladly like to read it when I get up. Please somebody tell me that IS NOT what evolution said happened a long long long long long time ago. Don't worry I'll wait while I'm sleeping. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    They take religion out of schools but put them in prisons and jails.

Didn't read the bible until I was a man and no where close to prison or living that lifestyle. So false. You take community and family and true education you have a prison slavery industry.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These evolution threads never fail. It's like the special olympics of the IC.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have the capacity of ethering evolution. It's real and it happens. Micro evolution is truly real and macro evolution takes periods of time to adapt to their climate. And in no way or shape or form does it stated how life begins but how life goes through long periods of processes to the ever changing environment.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread delivered.
    Would click again.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't argue with Jesus freaks, they're guided by faith not facts, let them wallow in the dark ages

WHEN DID A THEORY BECOME A FACT?