FINALLY! An Accurate Representation of Biblical Figures

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black people always going too far. The correct way of dealing with whitewashed history/mythology isn't to blackwash it. While some of the characters were likely black, the average Bible character didn't look like a member the local HBCU sororities and fraternities.

Bbbbblack ppl alwaze takin thyngs 4 ? . Yyyyya yes they is.
    The series, which will be fully released in October, features 70 models who identify as either Asian, Native American, Hispanic, African, Middle Eastern, Black American and West Indian.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    This is just more speculation

We can't know for certain whether these people looked Arabic, East African, North African, or whatever else

we can be certain they were not white. and it is a good bet they were dark skinned africans like the ppl who lived in Africa since forever..
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know where these dusty feet aka habiru dudes come from but it was far from egypt
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I know almost everybody grandmama or mama had that pic of black jesus hanging up....even when i was little i always believed that that was the real jesus. word
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? somebody must have had the barber shop poppin back in the biblical days ... They got my ? king David with the ill tapper fade.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if them hoes got dat ass from the pics posted
  • Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Lucifer is white, that's why they didn't include him.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is that people were like 140cm tall back then, makes the pyramids even more impressive.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RajaMonyet wrote: »
    Its good that this ? is out there, get a mainstream discussion going, an accurate portayal of Moses would expose a lot of jews.

with that said, Most of em(especially kind David n solomon) look like a bunch of ? . Where are the beards n og robes lol Why they look like they were extras in a 300 movie?

lol you stuck on the white man's idea of how they were dressed
  • Alkinduz
    Legions of mofos slightly taller then tyrion lannister build the pyramids.

wrap your mind around that lol.
  • Alkinduz
    Its good that this ? is out there, get a mainstream discussion going, an accurate portayal of Moses would expose a lot of jews.

with that said, Most of em(especially kind David n solomon) look like a bunch of ? . Where are the beards n og robes lol Why they look like they were extras in a 300 movie?

lol I dont even know what the white mans idea is. Im not murican g, where Im from, the prophets are always depicted dark skinned. Just not with shaven chests (no ? ) and without beards n the og king robes.

no beard means no king fam lol. Thats the law.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

We can't know for certain whether these people looked Arabic, East African, North African, or whatever else

we can be certain they were not white. and it is a good bet they were dark skinned africans like the ppl who lived in Africa since forever..

Many Israelis and Palestinians today look white
    It is not impossible for some biblical figures to look like that considering those places are the alleged holy land
  • Meta_Conscious

It is not impossible for some biblical figures to look like that considering those places are the alleged holy land

TODAY.
    those are not the people who are referenced in the Bible.
    the world is mostly brown ppl. One day these attempts to rewrite folklore in the image of lily whites will bite u folks in the ass.
  • Alkinduz

hundreds of different (nomadic) tribes/people from various regions lived in modern day syria/palestine/israel/jordan/iraq etc...hundreds...

both euro n afro centric minded peeps always seem to ignore those facts. Talking bour "mesopotamia n egypt" as if those names werent Made up by foreign historians lol.
  • LUClEN

TODAY.
    those are not the people who are referenced in the Bible.
    the world is mostly brown ppl. One day these attempts to rewrite folklore in the image of lily whites will bite u folks in the ass.

Those people are long dead but 2,000 years is a tiny blip in our history
    They did not go from looking like Wesley Snipes to looking like they do now in that time

Other areas referenced in religious texts, like Babylon and Assyria also have a lot of variation in skin tone and other features

There is no way one could say nobody in these texts was "white" with absolute certainty
  • Meta_Conscious
    stop the ? .
    seriously. y'all want the world to b white so bad... its not.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭

lol I dont even know what the white mans idea is. Im not murican g, where Im from, the prophets are always depicted dark skinned. Just not with shaven chests (no ? ) and without beards n the og king robes.

Knowledge.
  • LUClEN
    stop the ? .

There is no desire for any outcome
    just zero willingness to say something is certain when it is not

Terrible way to live
    "First I pick my desired outcome then I find evidence to support it".
    (aka the Christian Science methodology)
  • Alkinduz

Knowledge.

lol you know whatsup.

for a pharoah rocking a beard was mandatory, if you couldnt grow One, they gave you One, Im not even making it up lol word to Hatsjeput
  • Meta_Conscious
    stop the ? .

Terrible way to live

ok. all the ppl in the bible were lily white walking around among a continent full of brown ppl. ok.
  • LUClEN
    stop the ? .

Terrible way to live

ok. all the ppl in the bible were lily white walking around among a continent full of brown ppl. ok.

You can't know that with certainty either
    The people in that region back then varied in appearance just like they do now
  • Sir Lurkalot
    Sir Lurkalot Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samuel the prophet = Tyrese
  • Alkinduz
    stop the ? .

Terrible way to live

cant really blame the man, ? hollywood and eurocentrics got the Whole world believing Jesus and co were white. Got russel crowe playing noach and ? .

Here in Indonesia, churches are loaded with blond haired Jesus. ? is absurd.

we need a counter reaction, get the discussion on, knowing that moses was darkskinned for example, would uplift/have positive effects...
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black people always going too far. The correct way of dealing with whitewashed history/mythology isn't to blackwash it. While some of the characters were likely black, the average Bible character didn't look like a member the local HBCU sororities and fraternities.
    jono wrote: »
    I say the same thing. Afrocentricity is usually as ridiculous as Eurocentricity.

I'm suprised these two posts haven't been flagged to death, goats to both of you

tumblr_m7wgs1Qddn1qdnwiro1_500.gif
  • Meta_Conscious
    as a person who has been to the middle east, I assure u they are not the waffle colored ppl u think they are...